Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 964271 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Damned Immateriums, how do they work?
« Reply #1140 on: June 04, 2015, 10:14:28 am »

So again... How did humanity do so well and spread so far without their big brother watching over them?

Was every human a gateway for the destruction of mankind whilst the Emprah was chatting with Mars or leading armies, instead of sitting on his big chair?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: June 04, 2015, 10:15:49 am »

GW turned off Chaos for that time period/Eldar Empire was still holding sway over everything.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: June 04, 2015, 10:18:24 am »

So again... How did humanity do so well and spread so far without their big brother watching over them?

Two reasons I suspect. The first is that the Emperor was always watching them and keeping them as safe as he could, but he felt it was best to let humanity chart it's own course until the Long Night happened and he decided it was time to drag them to their destiny. The second is that humanity was less psychic in the past, but the proportion with psychic potential has risen as they near their next evolutionary step, but while still straddling the bridge between species they are at their most vulnerable.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: June 04, 2015, 10:25:29 am »

Then again it's not like being a fully psyker race helps you all that much - see Eldar.
Sig! Onol

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: June 04, 2015, 10:32:14 am »

I'd like to think that humanity is becoming more psychically sensitive because of the Eye of Terror in a similar way to how the Dark Eldar are becoming psychically stagnant due to living in the webway - that being, there's more/less of it around.

Long Night.

All I can think about is Game of Thrones.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: June 04, 2015, 10:36:35 am »

Then again it's not like being a fully psyker race helps you all that much - see Eldar.

Then again, that's the Eldar, a species with little self-control it seems.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: June 04, 2015, 10:46:23 am »

I'd like to think that humanity is becoming more psychically sensitive because of the Eye of Terror in a similar way to how the Dark Eldar are becoming psychically stagnant due to living in the webway - that being, there's more/less of it around.

Long Night.

All I can think about is Game of Thrones.

The Dark Eldar aren't becoming psychically stagnant from living in the webway, they're actively suppressing their psychic talent because they think Slaanesh will find them better if they don't. Vect has any DE that uses psychic powers murdered.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: June 04, 2015, 10:47:25 am »

To be fair, they are right. Even suppressing their psychic gift they still have to torture other species and give their souls to Slaanesh in their place.
Sig! Onol

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1148 on: June 04, 2015, 10:48:02 am »

I'm still looking for that one short story where a blueberry realizes what the warp is and how in tune humans are with it... And intimate with it. It makes the blueberry a sour blueberry, one that goes insane. I also do recall on a somewhat related note, one of the 13th legion novels, where a blueberry's talking to a penal legion guardsman about his home world. He maintains a friendly exterior when probing for information (under the guise of friendly conversation of course, though it could have actually just been friendly dinner conversation) and this somewhat breaks down when he asks the guardsman what a hive world is, and is beyond flabbergasted when he realizes one hive world contains more humans than there are tau in an entire sept system. Or perhaps more pressingly on his mind,  there were more humans on that one world than they had bullets.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: June 04, 2015, 11:00:00 am »

Thing about Imperial Codices and such are this:

They are often written as propaganda pieces too. Almost every army's codex involves some of that.

I'm all about the Big E, but even that seems like stacking the abilities of the Emperor too high.

And my proof would be this: The Astronomican has a max range. Once you get beyond the edges of the Imperium, Navigators can't even detect it. I'd assume if you're outside the Astronomican, you're outside of the Emperor's bubble of psychic protection. Yet Rogue Traders have gone out that far and farther, and haven't spontaneously been possessed by daemons.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: June 04, 2015, 11:18:02 am »

Isn't this portion of space more psychically active though, what with all the psykers here? Like how the area around the eye is more under the influence of Chaos. I could imagine the warp is much calmer once you leave this portion of the universe.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: June 04, 2015, 11:22:14 am »

Could be, but since this area of the universe is the only known space to any of the races, we don't really have a basis for comparison. But the fact there are 3 large warp storms in this single galaxy does lend some credence to the idea.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: June 04, 2015, 11:26:29 am »

Isn't this portion of space more psychically active though, what with all the psykers here? Like how the area around the eye is more under the influence of Chaos. I could imagine the warp is much calmer once you leave this portion of the universe.
yah like how logar was corrupted easily because he was in a chaos heavy area where he could see the eye, as it is written of course.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: June 04, 2015, 11:30:44 am »

The Warp stops existing a short way out from the galaxy apparently, it's why no one leaves. Though apparently there are a bunch of Ork comm signals coming in from outside the galaxy, and also the Tyranids.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: June 04, 2015, 11:43:13 am »

The Warp stops existing a short way out from the galaxy apparently, it's why no one leaves. Though apparently there are a bunch of Ork comm signals coming in from outside the galaxy, and also the Tyranids.
I think the warps acts like pockets, so there are active areas in galaxies situated between vast empty areas.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 824