Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 964285 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Damned Immateriums, how do they work?
« Reply #1350 on: July 03, 2015, 07:41:45 am »

Recipe for the perfect 40K strategy game:

An strategic map better than DC and SS. More like Total War or better yet Paradox games. Or even better, the unholy love child of maps from Paradox games and space strategy games like Hegemonia Legions of Iron or Sword of the Stars 2 (each system with several planetary and/or stellar bodies, and each one of them with it's own Paradox map).

Main battles like the DoW1 or Total War.

Commando strikes being like the battles from DoW2.

Space battles taken straight from the Battlefleet Gothic game that is in development (granted is as good as it seems it will be).

All combined with a fine and delicate cover of Sim Hive 2000 ;) (so you can still do base building but not simply at the battlefield)

Put it on the oven at plasma temps for 40 millennia.

Take out, serve hot and allow to each of those experiences be played either individually or in conjunction on a glorious campaign.

Make different campaigns for sectors and sub-sectors at taste.

Enjoy the bazillion dollars you will make until the end of times.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: July 03, 2015, 10:56:27 am »

Wondering if Warhammer total war will be end times or age of sigmar.

Then again, Manfreidd Von Carstein seems to be in it.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1352 on: July 03, 2015, 10:58:52 am »

Perfect 40k game:
What spore should have been

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: July 03, 2015, 02:22:27 pm »

Perfect 40k game:
What spore should have been

Spore should have been many things.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: July 03, 2015, 02:55:49 pm »

For example it should have been not a dumbed down of itself marketed for 5 year olds with mental issues.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: July 03, 2015, 04:40:56 pm »

I would seriously buy the tech demo for Spore. The cool ones they showed off in a preview or something. That looked cool.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: July 03, 2015, 05:03:20 pm »

The annoying part about Spore was how good it could have been even with the mediocre dumbed down mechanics they finished with, if it had just taken itself a little more seriously and focused more on the animal/tribal stage rather than have a rather crap modern stage and mediocre space stage. It was a fun game to play for a while, but with so little to do each time until you hit space and spent 99% of your time trying to protect your colonies from pirates it got old fast.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: July 04, 2015, 11:05:02 am »

The annoying part about Spore was how good it could have been even with the mediocre dumbed down mechanics they finished with, if it had just taken itself a little more seriously and focused more on the animal/tribal stage rather than have a rather crap modern stage and mediocre space stage. It was a fun game to play for a while, but with so little to do each time until you hit space and spent 99% of your time trying to protect your colonies from pirates it got old fast.

Yup. Still the "evolution" mechanics were a boomer. And the space stage was filled to the brim with potential. Instead you where pressed to ran a pangalactic empire with a single ship, alone all by yourself, which is really stupid.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: July 04, 2015, 11:51:09 am »

Yup. Still the "evolution" mechanics were a boomer. And the space stage was filled to the brim with potential. Instead you where pressed to ran a pangalactic empire with a single ship, alone all by yourself, which is really stupid.

After a certain point I just went f*ck it and ignored my home civ in favour of terraforming and uplifting worlds near the evil cyborgs (Grox I think they were called) in an attempt to commit genocide/clear a path to the center of the Galaxy.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: July 04, 2015, 03:31:51 pm »

Thinking of buying Space Hulk. Is there any related reading material you'd recommend to set the mood? Codices, White Dwarf articles etc.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: July 04, 2015, 03:33:04 pm »

Thinking of buying Space Hulk. Is there any related reading material you'd recommend to set the mood? Codices, White Dwarf articles etc.
read a bunch of dark angel books to get in that dark angel mood of saltiness and paranoia.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: July 04, 2015, 03:44:12 pm »

Board game or video games? If video games, consider buying Space Hulk: Ascension. Heretical as it is to say, straight Space Hulk video game is pretty much a 100% adaptation of the board game and feels a little thin as a video game.

Unfortunately for fluff, "Space Hulk" isn't its own neat little sub-genre of the fiction. It happens where it tends to happen. Short stories seem to be the biggest treasure trove of Space Hulk stories, but it also makes them the hardest to track down.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: July 04, 2015, 04:11:11 pm »

Board game or video games? If video games, consider buying Space Hulk: Ascension. Heretical as it is to say, straight Space Hulk video game is pretty much a 100% adaptation of the board game and feels a little thin as a video game.

Unfortunately for fluff, "Space Hulk" isn't its own neat little sub-genre of the fiction. It happens where it tends to happen. Short stories seem to be the biggest treasure trove of Space Hulk stories, but it also makes them the hardest to track down.

Spotted a 4th Ed that isn't price gouged to warp and back. I'll try to google some shorts. It's the internet, someone must've compiled a list somewhere some time.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: July 04, 2015, 05:36:33 pm »

I thought space hulk was blood angels.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: July 04, 2015, 05:51:16 pm »

I thought space hulk was blood angels.

Correct, though plenty of chapters have cleared hulks in the fiction and also make appearances in the video games. This includes Dark Angels. Not sure if earlier editions of the board game had any expansions that added other chapters.

Of course it could just be an honest mistake, I know it took me a while to differentiate blood dark angels, blood angels and blood ravens for one :P
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 824