Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 963157 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #2505 on: January 15, 2016, 01:27:15 pm »

Speaking of cast, I'd love some interesting characters for an Inquisitorial warband. Also need to decide which Ordos Inquisitor Golath is in.
Malleus is ham-handed, Xenos is either political or zealous.
I'd go Hereticus.
As for warband, a member of the chamber militant and a couple of inquis. stormtroopers would do it. (The human members being more and more mindwiped as you go from malleus through Hereticus to Xenos (where the only real corruption would come from getting jabbed by a 'stealer).
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: January 15, 2016, 07:04:15 pm »

Ordo Ordos agents FTW.

You get to investigate Inquisitors, poke around their secret projects, and dodge assassination attemps a minimum of twice a night
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: January 15, 2016, 07:18:43 pm »

It'd be neat to see that Sister Hospitaller that I made for your game in there... :P

Good idea! I still have Aelia's sheet somewhere here...

Speaking of cast, I'd love some interesting characters for an Inquisitorial warband. Also need to decide which Ordos Inquisitor Golath is in.
Malleus is ham-handed, Xenos is either political or zealous.
I'd go Hereticus.
As for warband, a member of the chamber militant and a couple of inquis. stormtroopers would do it. (The human members being more and more mindwiped as you go from malleus through Hereticus to Xenos (where the only real corruption would come from getting jabbed by a 'stealer).

Also another good idea! Going with Hereticus. And there might be rivalry between Eos (who was rejected from Schola Progeniums) and the stormtroopers :p
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: January 16, 2016, 12:57:17 am »

So I'm taking the plunge on trying to run Rogue Trader for my friends.

I've got a problem though. I have zero good sci-fi space music. I've got, like, probably 70% of the 40k video game music ever made but most of that is suited for Space Marines. If anyone has some suggestions for good atmospheric space music I'd appreciate it. Anything from heroic and adventureous to weird and discordant would work for me.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 01:13:34 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: January 16, 2016, 01:01:42 am »

So I'm taking the plunge on trying to run Rogue Trader for my friend.

I've got a problem though. I have zero good sci-fi space music. I've got, like, probably 70% of the 40k video game music ever made but most of that is suited for Space Marines. If anyone has some suggestions for good atmospheric space music I'd appreciate it. Anything from heroic and adventureous to weird and discordant would work for me.
Maybe this? Not exactly sci-fi but good for IG.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: January 16, 2016, 01:13:37 am »

Ordo Ordos agents FTW.

You get to investigate Inquisitors, poke around their secret projects, and dodge assassination attemps a minimum of twice a night

No one expects the Inquisition Inquisition.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: January 16, 2016, 01:15:15 am »

So I'm taking the plunge on trying to run Rogue Trader for my friend.

Maybe this? Not exactly sci-fi but good for IG.

That's what I'm kinda trying to stay away from. I sort of want something in between that and, say, Star Trek themes. The problem is I just don't do that much sci-fi compared to some people so my music knowledge for it is pretty limited.

Let me try another angle. Can anyone recommend any space sci-fi (in particular) games with really great soundtracks?
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: January 16, 2016, 01:17:01 am »

Here's your Inevitable Gellar Field Incident Themes: Flicker, Failure, Restored

If you want to play up the sci-finess of the Imperium you can probably pull from the Ghost In The Shell score, but that tends to espouse a cyberpunk aesthetic instead of a techno-gothic one. Still valid, under some circumstances.

And finally, what I'll retitle Why Rogue Traders Don't Go To The Underhive, should they ever find their way to one.

By the way, if you want someone on the outside to write fluff for you (planets, xenos, daemons, etc.), feel free to give me a PM.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: January 16, 2016, 01:20:53 am »

That's what I'm kinda trying to stay away from. I sort of want something in between that and, say, Star Trek themes. The problem is I just don't do that much sci-fi compared to some people so my music knowledge for it is pretty limited.

Let me try another angle. Can anyone recommend any space sci-fi (in particular) games with really great soundtracks?

This may sound weird but I always liked the Spore Space Stage music. Good music for exploring space (or the Warp).
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: January 16, 2016, 01:24:31 am »

If you want to play up the sci-finess of the Imperium you can probably pull from the Ghost In The Shell score, but that tends to espouse a cyberpunk aesthetic instead of a techno-gothic one. Still valid, under some circumstances.

That is unfortunately a problem with the genre. I'm running into that right now looking for music just searching by keyword. Sometimes stuff has a really cool and evocative intro turns into dubstep 45 seconds later.

By the way, if you want someone on the outside to write fluff for you (planets, xenos, daemons, etc.), feel free to give me a PM.

I might just do that. The game is shaping up to be a revenge tale with a heavy dose of exploration along the way. I'd written some stuff a year ago on the assumption of exploration but the revenge angle that came out of the first bit of character creation has kinda changed that plan a little. I may need some off the cuff exploration materials. I've got a decent planet/system generator. It's just a matter of all the other stuff I have to get set up in addition to that, otherwise I'd already be doing it.

This may sound weird but I always liked the Spore Space Stage music. Good music for exploring space (or the Warp).

Thanks, I've played it and remember those tracks so that's a decent start.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 01:51:43 am by nenjin »

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: January 16, 2016, 01:59:53 am »

Ehm, are all STC involving stories really like : oh this thing is cool, it can save imperium- oh no it is corrupted/ stolen/ destroyed/ too much responsibility for human mind to carry, so techpriest just goes blowing up stars for 111110010010011ayyy?$&@)lmao100101 purpose - this thing is forever lost, techonology is not a toy, also this world cant get less grimdark.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: January 16, 2016, 02:35:21 am »

Ehm, are all STC involving stories really like : oh this thing is cool, it can save imperium- oh no it is corrupted/ stolen/ destroyed/ too much responsibility for human mind to carry, so techpriest just goes blowing up stars for 111110010010011ayyy?$&@)lmao100101 purpose - this thing is forever lost, techonology is not a toy, also this world cant get less grimdark.

Unrelated: what's the Imperium's views on cloning? I know its possible, given that Fabius Bile does it and most servitors are vat-grown. With enough materials, on say a Forge World, they could field an entire regiment of cloned conscripts. (Or at least use cloning to get understrength regiments back up.)
Dying of laughter?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: January 16, 2016, 02:37:23 am »

Tends to be seen as bad, I think. As I recall, cloning is sometimes accepted for force replenishment, but only grudgingly. The Vitiate Wombs the Kriegers use may or may not be a traditional "tube cloning" setup.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 824