Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 963144 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #3630 on: April 07, 2016, 01:12:28 pm »

Probably mostly because human ships can't pass webway gates to reach the DE.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3631 on: April 07, 2016, 02:12:23 pm »

Are there any alive loyalist primarchs?
New episode of if emp had text to speech device when ;-;7
Techpriests of one forgeworld managed to break into gateway and wage wars for xenotech there.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3632 on: April 07, 2016, 02:32:55 pm »

Living? Sure.

Active.... well...

Lion El'Jonson is alive, asleep within a secret chamber on the Rock.
Roboute Guilliman is alive as in not death yet. He was mortally wounded but he was placed on stasis before he could die. There are "rumours" he might be in fact recovering albeit at we'll-never-advance-the-plot-slow speed.

Vulkan disappeared. Not before leaving behind a missing objects Big Fish game worth of Hercule Poirot to solve, promising to return once the Salamanders found it.
Jaghatai Khan disappeared into the Webway, he might be alive. Heavy emphasis on "might"
Leman Russ and Corax got their asses lost too, but instead of the the Webway they entered into the Eye of Terror, so chances are slimmer for them (or better, depending on your point of view and their luck).
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 02:49:25 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3633 on: April 07, 2016, 02:35:38 pm »

Are there any alive loyalist primarchs?

Guilleman and the Lion are alive but in stasis, recovering from their wounds inflicted during and after the HH.

Corax and Vulcan are missing, having left on their own to pursue their own objectives. Corax was seeking repentance after creating a huge number of monstrous mutant Ravenguard, and Vulcan left as part of some sort of test for his sons.

Russ is missing in the Eye of Terror. Possibly dead, but then the Wulfen survived in there so he's probably alive too.

Dorn is dead, slain by chaos marines.

The Khan is somewhere in the webway. Possibly dead.

Sanquinus and Ferrus Manus both died in the Heresy.

So of nine loyalist Primarchs 6 are (probably) alive, but only two's whereabouts are known, and both are in stasis.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3634 on: April 07, 2016, 02:36:25 pm »

last i heard Jaghatai was in Commoragh serving as an undying pleasure toy for our second most dickish favorite eldar.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3635 on: April 07, 2016, 02:40:13 pm »

None of them are confirmed to be alive or dead, except for Sanguinius, who is pretty dead, and Ferrus Manus I guess. Some are thought to be dead, but may come back one day because lol plot stalemate device.

Rawbutt Girlyman is very slowly healing inside a stasis field, Vulkan is apparently a perpetual and can't be killed by anything, Rogal Dorn's body was never found, Leman Russ is out there somewhere in the eye of terror suplexing bloodthirsters because reasons, Lion El Johnson is hidden somewhere with his alien buddies, Corax locked himself in some place going full emo, Jaghatai Khan went poof in a warp trip and may or may not be currently tied up and being used in DEldar pain orgies, and all that cool stuff.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3636 on: April 07, 2016, 03:01:51 pm »

Oh wait, nm. Forgot that at the end of Vulkan Lives, he comes back to life. Again.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3637 on: April 07, 2016, 03:27:35 pm »

last i heard Jaghatai was in Commoragh serving as an undying pleasure toy for our second most dickish favorite eldar.
wait...pleasure toy? That means he currently is either in the worse state of the primarchs or the best state if you know what I'm sayin'
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #3638 on: April 07, 2016, 03:43:38 pm »

TBH Ferrus Manus got cloned multiple times by Fulgrim with memories intact in an attempt to get him turned to Chaos again.
It went as well as the first time. A bunch of times. So theoretically if Imperium were to get to Fabius Bile and Fulgrim they could find Ferrus Manus there, but without his trademark arms, since he got that later in life and the clones obviously don't have them.

Sanguinius has an annoying ability to appear after his death, possibly due to the fact that Sanguinor is his basically his double (wearing golden mask, and so does Sanguinor) that was dealing with public shows back during Great Crusade. There's a chance that due to worship of Sanguinius and Warp stuff he might actually got imbued with Sanguinius powers or someshit.

There's also a theory that it was actually the double who died for the Emperah but that doesn't explain the whole Blood Angels menstruation thing.

So basically there's a chance that the whole boysband will get back together in TTS... maybe except Horus, he got removed from existence.

wait...pleasure toy? That means he currently is either in the worse state of the primarchs or the best state if you know what I'm sayin'
Jaghatai is fucking Space Marine Ghenghis Khan, his pubic hair has pubic hair.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3639 on: April 07, 2016, 04:48:56 pm »

Spaz salute Spess Khan, "Truly he is the hero the Imperium needs."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3640 on: April 07, 2016, 05:22:33 pm »

Well, lets make a list:

Space Batman
Space Odin
Space Jesus
Space Ghengis Khan
Space Thor/Technoviking
Space Scary Black Guy who's actualy pretty cool
Space Charlemagne/King Arthur/Constantinus/Obsessive Grand Strategy Player
Space Fabio
Space creepy twins/???
Space Zombie
Space Emo Native American
Space Scary Pope/Martin Luther
Space Elon Musk
Space Judas
Space Age of Empire 2 Turtle strategy player who everyone hates
Space Lego Obsessed Guy
Space etc

Who did I miss? And can you guess who's who?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 05:37:18 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #3641 on: April 07, 2016, 05:38:09 pm »

Space Batman
Konrad Curze
Space Odin
Space Thor
Leman Russ ? ? ? He would be Odin, I'm not sure who would be Thor. My only clue apart from being Nordic (which only Leman Russ is) is hammer, but noone of hammer users really fit, maybe except Ferrus Manus. Dunno.
Space Jesus
Sanguinius
Space Ghengis Khan
Jaghatai Khan
Space Scary Black Guy who's actualy pretty cool
Vulkan
Space Charlemagne/King Arthur/Constantinus/whatever
Roboute Guilliman
Space Fabio
Fulgrim
Space creepy twins
Alpharius and Omegon
Space Zombie
Mortarion
Who did I miss? And can you guess who's who?
Space Hercules - Perturabo
Space Angry Motherfucker - Angron
Space Jew - Lion El'Jonson
Space Sigurd - Ferrus Manus
Space Julius Ceasar - Rogal Dorn
Space Wizard - Magnus the Red
Space Lex Luthor - Lorgar
Space Brutus - Horus Lupercal
Space DEATH FROM ABOVE - Corvus Corax
Space Noddle Incident - Missing Primarches

EDIT:
Space Odin
Space Thor/Technoviking
Still fucking confused.
Space Emo Native American
Corvus Corax
Space Scary Pope/Martin Luther
Calling Lorgar Martin Luther is insulting to Martin Luther, but eh.
Space Elon Musk
I have precisely no fucking idea who Elon Musk is so I dunno.
Space Judas
Horus.
Space Age of Empire 2 Turtle strategy player who everyone hates
Either Dorn or Perturabo, they both have a thing for being annoying fucking turtles.
Space Lego Obsessed Guy
? ? ?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 05:46:37 pm by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3642 on: April 07, 2016, 05:46:37 pm »

I just listed a whole bunch. Some of them can apply to multiple people. Here's some I was thinking about:

Space Odin was actualy Magnus, even though he has nothing nordic about him, he has one eye and is really skilled at magic, things odin was very famous for :v

Space scary pope/martin luther is Lorgar, due to being a huge zealot and corrupt (does this mean I think martin luther was corrupted by chaos? Absolutely!)

Space Elon Musk, is, obviously, the emprah himself (really tall, burly guy with an obsession for technology, space exploration, mentioned wanting to improve humans and happens to be considered an amazing but incredibly demanding leader? Oh boy, emprah, could you use a worse disguise? I can see right through it)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3643 on: April 07, 2016, 05:52:53 pm »

You gotta appreciate how much of a fuck up Fulgrim is that, even going into it with perfect and repeatable knowledge, he still can't sway Ferrus. Maybe he should call someone actually half competent, like Fabius Bile.

In what fucking universe can you compare Lorgar to Lex Luthor? Lorgar is a dazzly-eyed imbecile, Lex Luthor is Earth's greatest hero.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3644 on: April 07, 2016, 06:02:06 pm »

Fulgrim was so derpy throughout the HH novels. I'd honestly would have preferred following Lorgar around to that. The only part of any of the EC's HH stories I enjoyed was the Maraviglia.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 824