Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 964505 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #5115 on: July 24, 2016, 02:43:17 am »

I want to see all of them make Tau lose horribly because such is the fate of cowardly space weaboo cows.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5116 on: July 24, 2016, 02:45:31 am »

i think kot might dislike the tau guys
i'm not sure
but just
possibly
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5117 on: July 24, 2016, 02:51:41 am »

The one good thing about Age of Sigmar is they got rid of the fucking Tau.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5118 on: July 24, 2016, 03:25:49 am »

The Tau strategy is to hope the Kroot don't learn how to read

Why do you have to repeat what I just said, man
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5119 on: July 24, 2016, 03:37:00 am »

...wait what

Also I still honestly don't get the massive hateboner for the Tau.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5120 on: July 24, 2016, 03:40:11 am »

...wait what

Also I still honestly don't get the massive hateboner for the Tau.
Well you just described it.

It's a fetish.

Actually, I think I should look up the definition of obsession, and see if they count as obsessed with the Tau. The irony, if true, would be enough to send Tzeentch's sides flying.

I mean literally you know they're just going to keep acting macho about it so the fun part becomes trolling them with how GW will never get rid of them

And they'll only get stronger with every retconned edition

Because that's the only way the tension can rise

Every other faction is already an existential threat to the Imperium

The only way to make their situation more precarious is for the Tau to go into a Hypersphere Expansion

HAHAHAHAHA THE DARK GODS LAUGH AT YOUR PAIN IMPERIAL SCUM
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5121 on: July 24, 2016, 03:48:12 am »

There is nothing precarious about the Tau towards anybody else. It's like saying Somalia will build a carrier group and use it to conquer the United States, that's how ridiculous the idea is.

Except it's even worse than that, because the ocean typically isn't either a fatal void of nothingless or literally alive, conscious, and wanting to eat you.

The Tau are so shit tier their influence map is the only one that doesn't show the whole Milky Way. Even the fucking Dark Eldar have that.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5122 on: July 24, 2016, 03:52:34 am »

Because everyone needs to be a ridiculous superpower with millions of stars worth of influence. They also need to be hardcore grimdark edgelords.

All I'm saying is, underdogs: It doesn't hurt to have them. Nor does it hurt to have some variation.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5123 on: July 24, 2016, 03:57:42 am »

I would just like to point out that one of the 'Imperium's' major concerns regarding the Tau 'Third sphere of Expansion' was that it would provide them with adequate resources to initiate 'geometric expansion' that the Empire would be unable to stop without re-routing vital resources from other theaters of conflict.  And even with the equivalent of three full chapters of space marines (and a hell of a lot of other resources amounting to approximately full crusade strength) they barely halted the Tau advance at the end of that planned expansion.  That's not from the Tau codex either, that's from the main rules, Battlefleet Gothic, and several other sources.  Of course that was a while ago and GW is incapable of telling a story and sticking to it.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 04:09:10 am by NullForceOmega »
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5124 on: July 24, 2016, 03:58:45 am »

There is nothing precarious about the Tau towards anybody else. It's like saying Somalia will build a carrier group and use it to conquer the United States, that's how ridiculous the idea is.

Except it's even worse than that, because the ocean typically isn't either a fatal void of nothingless or literally alive, conscious, and wanting to eat you.

The Tau are so shit tier their influence map is the only one that doesn't show the whole Milky Way. Even the fucking Dark Eldar have that.
No, see, because I'm not talking about logic, here

I'm talking about GW
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5125 on: July 24, 2016, 04:03:15 am »

Yyyeeaah, the biggest issue at the end of the day is of course that GW is bad. All factions are just there to show off how strong the Imperium and its SPEHSH mARHENRSENHRS are, or how 'badass' a character is because they killed this many faceless goons of a supposedly strong enemy. If an enemy to the Imperium ever makes a victory, then it is almost certainly going to lead to that same enemy being crushed by the Imperium to showcase how kewl it is.

Truly, in the grim darkness of the far future, there is only boring goddamn humans.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5126 on: July 24, 2016, 04:14:17 am »

Yyyeeaah, the biggest issue at the end of the day is of course that GW is bad. All factions are just there to show off how strong the Imperium and its SPEHSH mARHENRSENHRS are, or how 'badass' a character is because they killed this many faceless goons of a supposedly strong enemy. If an enemy to the Imperium ever makes a victory, then it is almost certainly going to lead to that same enemy being crushed by the Imperium to showcase how kewl it is.

Truly, in the grim darkness of the far future, there is only boring goddamn humans.
No, see

This is good thing

Tau are too puny to serve as true threat, therefore not interesting in human-centric view. MSH and Kot think solution is to kill off Tau

But GW actually likes money, even though they don't always treat her very well, so instead what they will do is make the Tau stronger so they can serve as threat (and sell more expensive models). X Sphere Expansion will get ever larger and ever stronger, until the Tau control ten thousand worlds, because who gives a shit about numbers, that's all they are
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5127 on: July 24, 2016, 04:57:40 am »

Does anyone know what's actually happening with Kauyon and Mont'Ka currently?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5128 on: July 24, 2016, 08:54:42 am »

I for one think it's hilarious that the IG are used as the punching bag for everything and still keep on going

The little guys never give up

• Bay Watcher
  • Heresy will not be tolerated
    • View Profile
« Reply #5129 on: July 24, 2016, 09:53:06 am »

I for one think it's hilarious that the IG are used as the punching bag for everything and still keep on going

The little guys never give up
They even punch themselves on occasion with liberal blam and occasional infighting. Poor farmer Joe, I knew we shouldn't have given you a lasgun...

You should have been stuck with a knife.
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 824