Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 466 467 [468] 469 470 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 963163 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K thread: wait, 40K has religious overtones?! THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!
« Reply #7005 on: October 10, 2016, 08:44:01 pm »

AW SHEIIT

Anyway, does that mean that, now that primarch minis are a thing again and the new space wolf wulfen aids thing going about, that THE END TIEM IS NEIGH?

The remaining primarchs taking to the field is one of the signs, yeah.
...oooooh.
I mean obviously I don't want anything like Fantasy end-times, because that was just... just bad.
But primarchs returning, that's some good shit.

Does this mean Robutt Gillyman will finally die/heal?
WORRY NOT.  I, CATO SECARIUS, WILL HANDLE EVERYTHING!
The God Emperor of Ultramar is going to weather this juuust fine.  Hell I'd place a long bet on him incorporating the True Emperor.

ITEHTTSD is canon now
I know the wonderful youtube series but I don't understand what you mean, unless it's generic "END TIIIIIIIIMES, THE EMPEROR AWAKETH"
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7006 on: October 10, 2016, 10:43:37 pm »

ITEHTTSD is canon now
I know the wonderful youtube series but I don't understand what you mean, unless it's generic "END TIIIIIIIIMES, THE EMPEROR AWAKETH"
The current plot arch seems to be tending towards some sort of End Times scenario: there's the very minor Mechanicus/Blood Angels/Cypher/Giant Speaker world storyline, there's also the slow return of the Primarchs, starting with Magnus, then Vulkan (after the Ultra-Smurfs found the Salamander's artifacts), then Leman Russ (albeit in the warp), then Rogal Dorn, and, finally, the recent... conversion of a certain character by a certain other character.

Basically, tension's building, and shit's going to go down.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7007 on: October 10, 2016, 10:47:00 pm »

Corvus has also appeared, but he's still stuck inside Vulkan's Honda coffin.

I'm, uh...sure we'll have an episode where Vulkan teaches everyone the true meaning of friendship and tries to find out who's occupying his alleged grave car soon enough.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7008 on: October 10, 2016, 11:02:52 pm »

ITEHTTSD is canon now
The current plot arch seems to be tending towards some sort of End Times scenario: there's the very minor Mechanicus/Blood Angels/Cypher/Giant Speaker world storyline, there's also the slow return of the Primarchs, starting with Magnus, then Vulkan (after the Ultra-Smurfs found the Salamander's artifacts), then Leman Russ (albeit in the warp), then Rogal Dorn, and, finally, the recent... conversion of a certain character by a certain other character.

Basically, tension's building, and shit's going to go down.
Uh.
That all sounds like ITEHTTSD stuff.
Just to clarify, are you saying that that's happening in WH40k canon?  Because my understanding is that very little happens there :P
I eagerly hope that you're saying ITEHTTSD was referencing said significant advances in actual canon.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #7009 on: October 10, 2016, 11:06:38 pm »

Rogal was technically first.

Also we know the Ultrasmurfs are going to try and hunt down Jaghatai Khan, and Leman Russ is heading to Terra as fast as he physically can (incidentally every single serious one-on-one scene between the Inquisitor and Leman Russ is incredibly terrifying).
I eagerly hope that you're saying ITEHTTSD was referencing said significant advances in actual canon.
hahah no.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7010 on: October 10, 2016, 11:11:06 pm »

I swear though, if the Emperor is more powerful than the chaos gods.

I mean heck he should be, at the most, as powerful as one of them.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7011 on: October 10, 2016, 11:18:56 pm »

Oh speaking of TTSD, I'm predicting officially now that Karamazov being cast into the Warp believing he was Emperor was actually Emperor's plan all along since his self-belief will be so strong that it draws all the various shards of Emperor soul into him (supported by the golden eye flash thing he does in the season 3 theme song), which are then reunited with throne emperor when Karamazov and Russ get back to the throne room.

JUST AS PLAN
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7012 on: October 11, 2016, 12:00:49 am »

Yeah, they're doing a good job at showing Leman has a serious and dangerous edge to him when not distracted by Wolf things. I'd say he's the most evil of the loyalists.

Assuming Rogal's story can be trusted, the actions of the Emperor fragments are kind of concerning. Discounting Karamazov, we've seen two: The one tormented by Tzeentch desperately trying to get Throne Emperor to exterminate the Tau before it's too late, and one who appeared after Rogal's Magic Pain Glove Adventure had been going strong for a week to get him to accept the Codex Astartes. And then there's Karamazov. Honestly, I'm not sure which of the three is worst.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7013 on: October 11, 2016, 12:23:22 am »

Oh speaking of TTSD, I'm predicting officially now that Karamazov being cast into the Warp believing he was Emperor was actually Emperor's plan all along since his self-belief will be so strong that it draws all the various shards of Emperor soul into him (supported by the golden eye flash thing he does in the season 3 theme song), which are then reunited with throne emperor when Karamazov and Russ get back to the throne room.

JUST AS PLAN
I personally think that emps was just being his usual unthinking asshole self, and that it'll came back to bite him when Russ gets back.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7014 on: October 11, 2016, 01:02:42 am »

JUST AS PLAN
I personally think that emps was just being his usual unthinking asshole self, and that it'll came back to bite him when Russ gets back.
That could be, but the established fact that Kitten's adventure with Magnus was actually part of his plan makes me suspect otherwise.

Yeah, they're doing a good job at showing Leman has a serious and dangerous edge to him when not distracted by Wolf things. I'd say he's the most evil of the loyalists.

Assuming Rogal's story can be trusted, the actions of the Emperor fragments are kind of concerning. Discounting Karamazov, we've seen two: The one tormented by Tzeentch desperately trying to get Throne Emperor to exterminate the Tau before it's too late, and one who appeared after Rogal's Magic Pain Glove Adventure had been going strong for a week to get him to accept the Codex Astartes. And then there's Karamazov. Honestly, I'm not sure which of the three is worst.
Of course, this doesn't necessarily mean that Karamazov is actually a fragment of the Emperor now, just that his fervent belief that he is the Emperor will eventually grant him abilities like that of the Emperor, which will make Russ believe his stories, and thus cause a belief cycle that makes him actually the Emperor, except possibly evil and the main villain somehow since he forms a separate entity and throne emperor has to fight off his attempts to usurp the imperium and make it into even more of an asshole place than it already is.

Just calling it in advance is all.
Sig! Onol

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7015 on: October 11, 2016, 01:17:03 pm »

what? To all of this, what?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7016 on: October 11, 2016, 01:32:55 pm »

Headcannon is being based on headcannoning.

It truely is endtimes
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #7017 on: October 11, 2016, 01:36:29 pm »

My headcanon is obviously the best canon.
Perpetual Korps of Krieg.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7018 on: October 11, 2016, 02:48:00 pm »

This is why when TTSD discussion comes up, I just tune out.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7019 on: October 11, 2016, 02:54:09 pm »

what? To all of this, what?
Just tryna make predictions for the webseries, it's obviously gonna be totally different for the actual canon if it happens.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 466 467 [468] 469 470 ... 824