Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 498 499 [500] 501 502 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 964174 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Kitten.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

"Men and women of the Imperial Guard, we will bury the enemy in our dead!"

-Illustrious Lord General Zaff Brammigan
That'd be Chenkov.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

See above.

Also, it was pretty impressive, and like Rolepgeek said, fucking accurate. Poor guys don't stand a chance at melee range, or without some goddamn support- Where are the markerlights!?
Probably the first things that got shot up
Sad but true.

This is why you attach markerlights to everything. Everything.

Only takes 4.32 Pulse Rifle shots at BS5 to kill a Tactical Marine, on average. Storm of Fire means you only need 1.44 Fire Warriors plus the Markerlights. Add volley fire and you only need 1.08 Fire Warriors.

Meanwhile it takes 4.5 Bolter shots to kill a Fire Warrior, on average. (or 1.8 Heavy Bolter Rounds; much like the Pulse Rifle is built to slay Guardsmen, the Heavy Bolter is built to slay Fire Warriors)

What I'm saying here is don't get in a shooting fight with Tau. Unless you have Basilisks, you'll lose. If you have Basilisks, they'll probably get Seeker'd, and then you'll lose, though by less.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

There it is. There it is! Delicious heretic propaganda of Fire Warrior > Space Marine or that one can outshoot Guard artillery. One does not simply outshoot Imperial Guard artillery.
Also, it's Commissar.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Leman Russ Punishers are an exception, they dakka through all infantry. 20 shots with one cannon, BRTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT through all infantry, massed heavy weapons team and heavy ordnance, as long as the battlefield remains mid range (24") it's possible for shooty IG to remain competitive with shooty Tau. Obviously though it's much more preferable to advance veteran squads into CQC with fire warriors, using other guardsmen as cover

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile

And this is why if i ever take the tabletop up again ill propably go for imperial guard and not Tau.

Because if i'd play Tau i would always go for ridiculous amounts of Kroot, which afaik are not that great.

But if i'd play Imperial Guard massed amounts of Cosncripts and Artillery are actually working. Who needs Space Marines if one can have Imperial Artillery? Who needs Tanks if one can have Imperial Artillery...who needs Conscripts or Imperial Guard if one can have Imperial Artillery.

Clearly the Basilisk and Deathstrikes are the Pinnacle of Human Evolution. Join the Imperial Guard become a Basilisk.

• Bay Watcher
  • Heresy will not be tolerated
    • View Profile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCO0nWkKKsU

Deathwing's coming, boys. Get ready for glorious purgation of the Xenos.
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile

Short Question:

what is a Varsine Bloodflock?

I never heard of those Xenos, can't find anything in ze interwebs either.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 09:42:24 am by Ghazkull »

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile

Me and a couple of idiot buddies did an entire battle where it was just Kroot vs Squigs/Grots vs Jokaero. Squigs/Grots won.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

Did they bring runtherds?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile

Nope!
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

Varsine Bloodflock?
Proably a minor Xeno species that is mentioned only in some minor footnote somewhere. Where did you encounter this?
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And this is why if i ever take the tabletop up again ill propably go for imperial guard and not Tau.

Because if i'd play Tau i would always go for ridiculous amounts of Kroot, which afaik are not that great.

But if i'd play Imperial Guard massed amounts of Cosncripts and Artillery are actually working. Who needs Space Marines if one can have Imperial Artillery? Who needs Tanks if one can have Imperial Artillery...who needs Conscripts or Imperial Guard if one can have Imperial Artillery.

Clearly the Basilisk and Deathstrikes are the Pinnacle of Human Evolution. Join the Imperial Guard become a Basilisk.

Amusingly Renegades and Heretics, the FW army for chaos guardsmen do artillery way better than the actual guard do. They get it cheaper, in more slots and can bombard their own guys.

If you also don't mind stopping the game every shooting phase they can also get chemical rounds that leave dangerous terrain for a turn.

I think I mathed them up as being able to fire 64 Quad Mortar artillery blasts from the Troops slots alone, with more powerful artillery variants in the Elites and HS slots.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile

Wait, guard can't shell their own position? Lame.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

That seems wrong according to my head canon.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 498 499 [500] 501 502 ... 824