Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 342

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: The Development Page  (Read 1566578 times)

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: The Development Page
« Reply #1365 on: October 12, 2010, 05:11:59 pm »

Sowelu nice way of thinking  :D . Not what i had in Mind but it would be a Wonderfull feature.  ::) would even mimick the realworld if then some people get theyr pitchforks and torches for this "Nightcreatures" just out of superstition and religious ideals or whatever. I just hope that there is no Black and white thinking here (by here i mean in game Ai wise) once it comes to this. Sliding scales of different Morales would be nice. Especially in a world where Animal-people, elves dwarfs and goblins, Titans and spirits run around a "Nightcreature" might not be a nightcreature in the eyes of many/some people. 

edit: Also today just a thought: You could use a modiefied nightcreature code to turn animals into animal people during worldgen - like in the "Root"-story of your brother.

that brings another question: Will be nigh creatures be tied in into religions stuff. I mean stuff like the old european "Hexenhammer" or that the people start to ascribe certain forms of nightcreatures to certain Entitys like (staying at sowelus example) Catgirls being seen gifted by the "forrest-spirit" etc. ?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 05:21:46 pm by Heph »
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: October 13, 2010, 09:36:55 am »

When will at least some of the world gen events happen after proper world gen is finished?

Right now, after world gen the world is ecstatic apart from the player actions. This is being a major game killer for me. I always come back to playing but there is little incentive to play more than one fortress per world. When the world becomes really dynamic I think I will never stop playing.

About the burials, will dwarves visit the tombs of their loved ones?

tfaal

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Ello, 'ello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: October 13, 2010, 10:30:57 am »

I agree with thvaz; a janky continuation of world gen would be great. Even if events affecting the adventurer's location are cancelled, it would really add life to the world.
I still think that the whole fortress should be flooded with magma the moment you try dividing by zero.
This could be a handy way of teaching preschool children mathematics.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: October 13, 2010, 12:18:25 pm »

Quote from: ToadyOne
Diversified the dwarf mode troubles a bit, he he he.

Well now that's just downright sinister.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: October 13, 2010, 12:30:30 pm »

Oh god, now we'll have flying zombies.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: October 13, 2010, 02:19:58 pm »

we had flying zombys before. Everything from giant eagle down to vultures was zombyfie able. But maybe we gavetoady some horrible mindtwisting idea  :o . Say nightcreatures turning undead or doing the "facehug".
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Dae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: October 13, 2010, 04:10:17 pm »

Wait, we don't have zombie giant eagles anymore ?

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: October 13, 2010, 05:24:19 pm »

Wait, we don't have zombie giant eagles anymore ?

nope. They either are rocket now or hover now by methane. ;) Just kidding naturally we still have flying nastys. I just wonder if the projectile code changed thus turning flying Megabeasts and Mat-breathers in mobile killsats.

Proud to be a Furry.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: October 14, 2010, 06:18:20 am »

after world gen the world is ecstatic apart from the player actions
:P

I mean static! Damned false cognates.

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: October 14, 2010, 08:28:37 am »

after world gen the world is ecstatic apart from the player actions
:P

I mean static! Damned false cognates.
It does make sense... you, the player coming in to screw up everything. no wonder goblins attack you.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: October 14, 2010, 08:44:22 am »

Oh god, now we'll have flying digging zombies.

Quatch

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_ GRADSTUDENT]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch? Sometimes..
« Reply #1377 on: October 14, 2010, 12:47:29 pm »

Oh god, now we'll have flying digging zombies.

Oh noes! This is terrible news! The skyroof is falling!

Now, would these be tunneling zombies, or ones that just lurk in self made shallow graves?
SAVE THE PHILOSOPHER!
>>KillerClowns: It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarven science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".
>>Orius: I plan my forts with some degree of paranoia.  It's kept me somewhat safe.

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: October 14, 2010, 06:03:41 pm »

In regards to 'proper burial', I was thinking that if you do a particularly good job with a dwarfs burial, it would be fun if something good might actually happen ever so rarely. Maybe some legendary ancestor could pop in and start making an artifact, or some ancient warrior could warp in and save some fisherman who's been ambushed.
PerfectWorldDF World creator utility for Dwarf Fortress.

My latest forts:
Praisegems - Snarlingtool - Walledwar

Quatch

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_ GRADSTUDENT]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch? Sometimes..
« Reply #1379 on: October 14, 2010, 08:16:09 pm »

Maybe some legendary ancestor could pop in and start making an artifact..

This is any possession that nets you something useful.

Limestone rings are the devils work.
SAVE THE PHILOSOPHER!
>>KillerClowns: It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarven science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".
>>Orius: I plan my forts with some degree of paranoia.  It's kept me somewhat safe.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 342