Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1678202 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #1605 on: April 26, 2016, 01:31:18 pm »

Or you could just write your own help display :P
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: April 28, 2016, 04:33:50 am »

Steam always release games 1am on the next day here.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: April 28, 2016, 05:36:05 am »

It is still evil to release the game on Monday, why not end of the week? Evil Paradox.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: April 28, 2016, 05:38:25 am »

It is still evil to release the game on Monday, why not end of the week? Evil Paradox.

Well they can use all week to patch up any glitches or bugs that might pop up during launch.
Rather than let you wait a whole week-end for the patches to arrive.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: April 28, 2016, 06:04:39 am »

Speak for yourself. As someone with an irregular work schedule (paper carrier, tuesday/wednesday are like my weekend while saturday/sunday FUCKING SUCK ASSHOLES) I appreciate their release date.
Even moreso that they decided to give me something to distract myself with while my mom goes in for surgery.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: April 28, 2016, 06:19:52 am »

Pft, this is the internet. No other opinions are allowed, only mine are the correct ones, of course.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: April 30, 2016, 03:11:05 am »

Only 9 days till we get to go out into space.  Not sure if I want my first run to be a custom alien race, or humans.

Anyway, watching a certain fungusy stream and noticing several ineffectual one planet independence rebels popping up.  Makes me think, have any of you ever seen independence rebels create a nation that survives in the long term?  In any Paradox game I mean.  I've never seen it that I can remember.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1612 on: April 30, 2016, 03:36:26 am »

Anyway, watching a certain fungusy stream and noticing several ineffectual one planet independence rebels popping up.  Makes me think, have any of you ever seen independence rebels create a nation that survives in the long term?  In any Paradox game I mean.  I've never seen it that I can remember.
Rarely. I've seen a handful of oddities like Normandy conquering half of northern France, but independence rebellions never amount to anything unless the nation is already in deep shit.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: April 30, 2016, 04:30:09 am »

I've seen plenty, but, as said, the ruling nation needs to be in Deep Shit and falling to pieces all over for them to thrive. It's always nice to see what should be a doomed minor rise up from the heart of some blobby empire and blob across the land in turn.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: April 30, 2016, 06:45:21 am »

I've seen plenty, but, as said, the ruling nation needs to be in Deep Shit and falling to pieces all over for them to thrive. It's always nice to see what should be a doomed minor rise up from the heart of some blobby empire and blob across the land in turn.
Not always. Particularly not when YOU are the blobby empire and suddenly 20000 strong rebels after you get wrecked in a war. And then your brother decides "oh cool I see you're occupied with those rebels over there, lemme just take your everything" and then the last ten hours of your life go to waste.

As much as I like Crusader Kings, it sure makes a point of reminding me it doesn't like me back. The fucking tsundere bitch.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: April 30, 2016, 07:16:01 am »

Only 9 days till we get to go out into space.  Not sure if I want my first run to be a custom alien race, or humans.

How do you think Persia shows up? The collapse of the Timurid will create other nations too. I've also seen Ming completely collapse to independence movements as well.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: April 30, 2016, 09:18:34 am »

Not always. Particularly not when YOU are the blobby empire and suddenly 20000 strong rebels after you get wrecked in a war. And then your brother decides "oh cool I see you're occupied with those rebels over there, lemme just take your everything" and then the last ten hours of your life go to waste.

As much as I like Crusader Kings, it sure makes a point of reminding me it doesn't like me back. The fucking tsundere bitch.

<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: May 02, 2016, 12:50:11 am »

I can't wait for this game, its becoming difficult.

To tide you over: a civ creator.  Its super incomplete, it has none of the cosmetic stuff except name, and the starting tech/planet/FTL choices are missing.  But its something.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: May 02, 2016, 02:42:04 am »

Squeeeeeee, just one week. I'm emotionally ready for the game to be buggy and unstable at launch, as long as it isn't just plain boring and shitty like my worst disappointment ever, MOO3.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: May 02, 2016, 08:00:45 am »

I can't wait for this game, its becoming difficult.

To tide you over: a civ creator.  Its super incomplete, it has none of the cosmetic stuff except name, and the starting tech/planet/FTL choices are missing.  But its something.

Someone posted this pages and pages ago... it being buried in posts seems like a good enough reason to re-post it, since it's pretty neat. :P
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 632