Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1678142 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #1770 on: May 09, 2016, 11:33:34 am »

So I want to make a human indirect democracy, but the best I got is "Republic of Terra" or "United Earth Republic".

Anyone got a better name?

EarthGov, if you want the Babylon 5 reference.  United Nations of Sol, for the Schlock Mercenary reference.  If you want a darker tone, how about The People's Free Democratic Republic of Peacefully Allied Nations of Earth and make them xenophobic militarists.  Or collectivists, but you can't actually be a democracy then.

The Terran Stadtholder Alliance?
Could always go with the bland and uncreative Indirect Democracy of Terra, if none of these work.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: May 09, 2016, 11:44:24 am »

I ended up going with the boring name.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Time to find a place in the stars and all that.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: May 09, 2016, 11:48:25 am »

Time to avoid this thread like the plague in order to hide from spoilers, methinks :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: May 09, 2016, 11:50:23 am »

People's Republic of Earth. Best Korea can into space.

Anyway, my first playthrough will be inspired by this image:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: May 09, 2016, 12:12:51 pm »

So, the Unified Republic of Earth is a fanatically individualist indirect democracy.  Our first president, Lin Lua, a champion of the people who brought us into the stars... decided to run for relection on a platform of legalizing slavery.  Needless to say she lost, with 4% of the vote.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: May 09, 2016, 12:27:11 pm »

10 a.m., according to 10 seconds of googling.

You can't just say 10AM on the internet.
From my experience, when you just say a time on the internet (especially not military time) you can assume they mean UStime :P
US Time is typically one of 3 time zones.  More commonly expressed in either PST or EST from my own limited experience. 
Though, I think Steam time is PST.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: May 09, 2016, 12:32:59 pm »

ITS TIME FOR THE ENLIGHTENED EMPIRE OF TERRA

I'm kind of miffed there isn't an avian portrait that looks quite like an eagle, so I cannot make alien space amurica.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 12:37:23 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: May 09, 2016, 12:38:18 pm »

From my experience, when you just say a time on the internet (especially not military time) you can assume they mean UStime :P
US Time is typically one of 3 time zones.  More commonly expressed in either PST or EST from my own limited experience. 
4 time zones, actually: Pacific, Mountain, Central, and Eastern. This is not including Alaska or Hawaii, which are in completely different time zones.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: May 09, 2016, 12:55:27 pm »

4 time zones, actually: Pacific, Mountain, Central, and Eastern. This is not including Alaska or Hawaii, which are in completely different time zones.
Obviously Mountain time doesn't exist cause when was the last time I heard/seen that mentioned?  (Other then now.)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: May 09, 2016, 12:56:10 pm »

Hammering out an Imperium of Man that's slightly more enlightened and with slightly fewer policies that shoot themselves in the foot. Purge the Xenos has now become Enslave the Xenos. All will serve humanity. Those who are wise enough to bow will be allowed to keep their petty kingdoms as vassals and battle thralls. Those who are not, well, we could always use more miner slaves or factory slaves to produce replacement ship parts.

Purge the heretic, Enslave the xenos, Kill the mutant.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: May 09, 2016, 01:02:46 pm »

So far, I have started the game as boring Humans just to familiarize myself with the game.
But mostly I have made a small handful of empires.
Mainly made three races based of Kahjiit, Argonians and Nords from the Elder Scrolls franchise. :p

It is surprising how spiritual the Elder Scrolls races are.
I mean.. They will inevitably have spiritual as one of their ethoses, if you base them of TES.

edit: As for the Nords, specifically.
I gave them Militarist, Spiritual and Xenophobe.
Their home planet i tundfra, names Skyrim (of course) which orbits a star named Ysmir. (Think I should replace 'Ysmir' with Talos?)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 01:06:31 pm by Ultimuh »

rumpel

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: May 09, 2016, 01:27:15 pm »

Oh man. I should have read this thread earlier, before I started downloading the game with the soundtrack. 1GB means more time to download means less playtime today :<

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: May 09, 2016, 01:52:53 pm »

Hammering out an Imperium of Man that's slightly more enlightened and with slightly fewer policies that shoot themselves in the foot. Purge the Xenos has now become Enslave the Xenos. All will serve humanity. Those who are wise enough to bow will be allowed to keep their petty kingdoms as vassals and battle thralls. Those who are not, well, we could always use more miner slaves or factory slaves to produce replacement ship parts.

Purge the heretic, Enslave the xenos, Kill the mutant.
Xeno slaves can lead to corruption.
Xeno kingdoms may wait until the right moment to backstab you.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: May 09, 2016, 02:02:35 pm »

So far I've annexed (and enslaved) two primitive worlds.  The other empires all hate me :D

rumpel

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: May 09, 2016, 02:33:41 pm »

It appears that the bird race is available to anyone? I could choose it.

Edit:I think it wasn't blue actually, but yellow. So I guess it's the normalone..

Btw, is the Steam Overlay working for you?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 02:55:03 pm by rumpel »
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 632