Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1678114 times)

Malus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #1875 on: May 10, 2016, 03:52:59 pm »

They really need to add ticking warscore. If I've occupied all my objectives and the enemy hasn't left their borders in 10 years, that should probably be worth more than 19 war score. Even with FTL inhibitors, decisively destroying AI fleets is a pain. Hyperlanes seem to be the king of harassment and guerilla warfare; you can be sieging a planet one second, then the moment your enemy sends a fleet in response, you can jump out from right next to the planet in no time at all. Late-game wormhole tech is very silly though -- with a few stations on my borders, the range is long enough to let me teleport directly into any of my neighbor's capitals.

The faction system really needs to be fleshed out more. Overall the game feels like it's a pretty good foundation, and with another 6 months of patches, polish, more features, a few DLCs, it could be a masterpiece. It's still the best 4X of recent years (but given the competition, that isn't saying much) and I can't wait to see what it turns into down the line.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1876 on: May 10, 2016, 04:23:34 pm »

I've... never had that problem. I just executed a war against a neighbor for 2 worlds. I smashed his fleet, didn't even get to occupy one world. I bombarded it for a bit and he surrendered at 70% warscore

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: May 10, 2016, 04:25:17 pm »

Before this I said the influence system is stupid. I will now explain in depth why I think it is. This is extremely nitpicky. If you can't handle pointless scruitinization, don't open the spoiler.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So anyway, that slightly annoys me when I play.

BRB playing another 10 hours.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1878 on: May 10, 2016, 04:52:22 pm »

I'd assume you get influence from announcing a rival because its easier to justify things if you can point at an enemy. "Yes we need to resettle you because, uh, the horrible lizard people might attack!"

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1879 on: May 10, 2016, 05:04:27 pm »

Yeah, influence is an abstraction for how powerful/important your government is in the eyes of your people, not on an international scale. NK is laughable to the rest of the world, but in Stellaris mechanics the locals would have more respect for the government because they're standing up against everyone.
I think it's fine. A bit gamey perhaps, but that's not really an issue.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Malus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: May 10, 2016, 05:06:28 pm »

I've... never had that problem. I just executed a war against a neighbor for 2 worlds. I smashed his fleet, didn't even get to occupy one world. I bombarded it for a bit and he surrendered at 70% warscore
When empires have 30+ planets each and they're in an alliance or federation, getting your warscore up is a real grind. Smashing a 7k fleet gives me something like 4 warscore. Occupying a capital gives me 6 or 7. I think the scaling is off, because you're right -- early/mid-game wars are decided very quickly.

Also, there's no separate peacing which really slows down expansion vs. an alliance.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1881 on: May 10, 2016, 05:22:48 pm »

When empires have 30+ planets each and they're in an alliance or federation, getting your warscore up is a real grind. Smashing a 7k fleet gives me something like 4 warscore. Occupying a capital gives me 6 or 7. I think the scaling is off, because you're right -- early/mid-game wars are decided very quickly.

Also, there's no separate peacing which really slows down expansion vs. an alliance.
Fair enough. The guy I smashed only had like 12 planets

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: May 10, 2016, 06:43:58 pm »

Started a Let's Play of this; Fanatic Materialist toads with a win condition of starting the Machine Rebellion.   For Great Caliban!
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: May 10, 2016, 06:52:21 pm »

PTW on behalf of the Fanatic Xenophobe Militarist Military Republic that is the Republic of Sol
advice please

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: May 10, 2016, 07:00:14 pm »

Me and my brother are playing a game.

It's going poorly for me. He's generally better at games (I think I could match him if I wanted to, but to do so I'd find the game boring) AND he wasn't hemmed in from the start.

He took one of my worlds (it was the only one I could colonise, it was right next to him. He decided to take it and I had 1k vs his 4k), but not before my colony ship managed to escape and start a colony south of that planet. He has yet to notice that colony, but it's somewhat limited by the presence of neolithic primitives.
What FTLs did you pick?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: May 10, 2016, 07:03:57 pm »

So I managed to push back the scourge of the void, but I think some of the script is broken, you cannot remove infestation from worlds by bombardment, it just hits 0 surface integrity then nothing happens. You also cannot land troops onto the worlds due it it being uninhabitable. The only thing I can think of is managing to put military into my government then trying full bombardment.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: May 10, 2016, 07:04:31 pm »

Spoiler: We're all gonna die~ (click to show/hide)

(I'm the little blue blob all the way at the bottom of the picture.)
It's FEF, not FEOF

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: May 10, 2016, 07:22:18 pm »

I love how one of the fungal portraits is essentially a fungal growth controlling a furry humanoid. I shall use this portrait to create muh evil fungal theocratic empire of the holy chair.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: May 10, 2016, 07:31:08 pm »

Ok, I actually looked through the scripts for it...apparently me stopping their invasion from going past owning 20% of the galaxy has stopped the event from progressing. ::)
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: May 10, 2016, 07:51:30 pm »

I found a bug with a certain late game quest.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 632