Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1677271 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #3615 on: November 03, 2016, 04:19:49 pm »

You have to wonder if sometimes they play their own game.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3616 on: November 03, 2016, 04:26:01 pm »

Well, spawning additional artifacts is a step in the right direction. Now they just need a way to make events empire-unique.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3617 on: November 03, 2016, 04:54:33 pm »

Well, spawning additional artifacts is a step in the right direction. Now they just need a way to make events empire-unique.

Or just make it so scanning a planet strange to you, but previously scanned for someone else, is exactly the same as scanning a truly virgin world. Otherwise, about midgame, science vessels do nothing, or hover by cities increasing their science.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3618 on: November 03, 2016, 05:19:29 pm »

The other-civs-surveying-first-issue isn't necessarily something they'd mention in a dev diary. I'd wait for patch notes to see if they're really ignoring it.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3619 on: November 03, 2016, 06:36:32 pm »

Does anyone else feel that the probabilities on the anomaly successes are just a little bit off? I mean, I do understand probabilities for what they actually are, but doing absolutely anything about 7% seems to fail (I had 3 ships blow up in about 10 minutes). It's not that I'd mind, but the penalties for it going wrong are mostly much heavier than the gains of it going right.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3620 on: November 03, 2016, 07:58:28 pm »

Or just make it so scanning a planet strange to you, but previously scanned for someone else, is exactly the same as scanning a truly virgin world. Otherwise, about midgame, science vessels do nothing, or hover by cities increasing their science.
They should really have an anomaly generation system in general, not just for precursors. Otherwise, as you say, science vessels run out of interesting things to do and become slotless buildings. They already try a bit with vessel-required events and battle debris, but anomalies have a lot more range to them at the moment.

That said, the whole system badly needs an overhaul. I heard it was intended to be a Star Trek minigame, which is a brilliant idea, but spamming "Leave Be For Now" because there's no point risking failure when you can just wait to hit level 5 is not very Star Trek like.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3621 on: November 03, 2016, 08:03:45 pm »

"Captain's Log. Stardate: 2261... We have... ENCOUNTERED... an extremely interesting... but deadly... species of pre-sentients... we have... DECIDED... to leave them... until we've achieved... our... dreams. Kirk out."
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3622 on: November 04, 2016, 12:38:10 am »

"Captain's Log. Stardate: 2261... We have... ENCOUNTERED... an extremely interesting... but deadly... species of pre-sentients... we have... DECIDED... to leave them... until we've achieved... our... dreams. Kirk out."
UPLIFT UPLIFT UPLIFT says karnewarrior.

I love having multi species empires. It just feels so right.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3623 on: November 04, 2016, 02:02:49 am »

It really does.

I do wish pops were a little more fluid, though. I totally appreciate the simplicity of keeping them as discrete, relatively static units, but I find the way planets clog up rather unfortunate.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3624 on: November 04, 2016, 05:57:16 am »

Also how famine, bombardment and natural disasters can't wipe out a planet's population, you can't sterilize pops but keep them alive (short of slavery with reproductive rights disabled) yet somehow you are able to exterminate a pop even if that would cause the planet to become uninhabited (surely the last pop would take issue with self-extermination?). And it really, really is unfortunate that the cloning tanks do not let you clone pops :<

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3625 on: November 04, 2016, 06:47:33 am »

Ye, its really sad that we don't have an option to purge pops with bombardments. You should really be able to get some sort of doom bomb that would wipe out a global population but end up turning the world into a radioactive wasteland that only robots or HEAVILY modified pops could live in. I mean, tomb worlds are a thing in the game already, crater included, so why not give the player the ability to do it?
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3626 on: November 04, 2016, 06:51:21 am »

Also how famine, bombardment and natural disasters can't wipe out a planet's population, you can't sterilize pops but keep them alive (short of slavery with reproductive rights disabled) yet somehow you are able to exterminate a pop even if that would cause the planet to become uninhabited (surely the last pop would take issue with self-extermination?). And it really, really is unfortunate that the cloning tanks do not let you clone pops :<
Hold on, since when does famine and bombardment not kill pops? I lost a colony once, it was being bombarded enough that the pops couldn't grow food. One day, every pop on the planet just...vanished. The enemy didn't capture it, it simply reverted to being an uninhabited world.

Also the famine modifier stuck around until I eventually recolonized. Was worried that the new pops would just instantly die >_>

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3627 on: November 04, 2016, 08:48:07 am »

The vanilla odds of a pop dying from bombardment are vanishingly low if you're trying to kill them all off. Usually the enemy will surrender before you get to that point.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3628 on: November 04, 2016, 09:26:32 am »

There was some string in devlog, that they are looking into planetbusters/ mass destruction weapons :)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3629 on: November 04, 2016, 09:55:26 am »

The vanilla odds of a pop dying from bombardment are vanishingly low if you're trying to kill them all off. Usually the enemy will surrender before you get to that point.
Yeah, but this was 3 or 4 pops dying all at the same time and starvation was in effect. Either I got unbelievably unlucky with bombardment rolls or something screwy was going on.

Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 632