Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1677297 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #4080 on: January 18, 2017, 08:32:44 pm »

Military Cabal was a tough one. I was trying to come up with a way to describe a great deal of incompetence and nepotism in the middle-ranks with the effect that ships are somewhat less effective.
-70% Admiral Experience Gain
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4081 on: January 18, 2017, 09:24:03 pm »

I like these. They'd no doubt suffer from the usual issues of -military being a given for pacifists and -core worlds being toxic no matter what and so on, but they look like they'd hit the niche of mechanically meaningful but not overwhelming, and be highly flavorful while doing so. It's not just a stat trade, it tells you something about how your empire is run.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4082 on: January 19, 2017, 07:39:27 am »

New dev diary: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-57-species-rights.995302/

Rights and obligations. Also an as-yet unannounced paid DLC which will contain some additional features like different slavery types and options.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4083 on: January 19, 2017, 11:27:41 am »

New dev diary: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-57-species-rights.995302/

Rights and obligations. Also an as-yet unannounced paid DLC which will contain some additional features like different slavery types and options.

Interesting stuff, I can imagine it being good for sort of 'roleplaying' purposes, but I do wonder slightly about if you'll be messing around micromanaging pop rights for small increases.

With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4084 on: January 19, 2017, 11:29:55 am »

Ooh. That's more stuff than I expected. The ways to Space Nazi only grow.

I can imagine some deliciously flavorful combinations there. Give your Livestock slaves Utopian living conditions? Sure, you'll want your walking meals to be as healthy and succulent as possible.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4085 on: January 19, 2017, 11:31:53 am »

I love the introduction of refugees and I hope they expand on that. Imagine a refugee fleet ala Battlestar Galactica or the Quarians from Mass Effect and you can choose to shelter them at the cost of danger and/or diplomatic penalties from their aggressors but you might gain free pops, technology, etc.

Also of note, the next dev diary will cover Orbital Habitats. Get hype.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4086 on: January 19, 2017, 11:42:26 am »

I'm hoping orbital habitats will allow for more 'tall' empires with a few dense systems, however I can't see how they'd balance it as you can basically always defend if you've got a fortress and a few defense platforms + small fleet.

You'd basically end up with zero risk play, so I can only imagine that the orbital habitats might be more like spacestations mk2
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4087 on: January 19, 2017, 09:17:12 pm »

I imagine the habits are going to be either a bit fragile so that they might just be destroyed in seconds of a fleet engaging them, or be a fortress upon themselves.

Also this will be a good patch, also love the fact they finally put up another quarantine thread for sectors.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4088 on: January 19, 2017, 10:26:21 pm »

I love the introduction of refugees and I hope they expand on that. Imagine a refugee fleet ala Battlestar Galactica or the Quarians from Mass Effect and you can choose to shelter them at the cost of danger and/or diplomatic penalties from their aggressors but you might gain free pops, technology, etc.

Also of note, the next dev diary will cover Orbital Habitats. Get hype.

Eh, Aurora has Orbital Habitats and it's free.  I'm betting the Orbital Habitats will be DLC-only.

EDIT: And where are my Sex Slaves?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4089 on: January 19, 2017, 10:32:01 pm »

Domestic Servants probably include slutty tentacled maids.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4090 on: January 19, 2017, 10:33:54 pm »

Domestic Servants probably include slutty tentacled maids.

I doubt it.  The game doesn't simulate Hybrids yet.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #4091 on: January 19, 2017, 10:37:09 pm »

Anyone know a good mod to speed robot production?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4092 on: January 19, 2017, 11:05:35 pm »

Reality interjecting, two species on the same planet can't reproduce and form offspring a lot of the time (Close relatives usually can, there's a thing to get the theory of evolution updated since different, but related, species have been found to interbreed and produce fertile offspring, allowing gene transfer across species). How in the hell would a species with a probably VASTLY different biology produce a viable child with, say a human?
We are talking about a game where Jedi use warp drive to land robot space marines supported by clone commandos on an alien planet in order to occupy it long enough to justify a different planet being liberated as a puppet state. I agree natural hybrids would be considerably softer than most of the game's current stuff already is, but it is and always has been more space opera than realistic.

It could probably fit in cleaner as a policy option (or right/responsibility, once Banks hits) or moddable-only species trait, I suppose. Somewhat in parallel with reality, I imagine making actual, discrete hybrid pops would be prohibitively obnoxious to implement in game, though.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4093 on: January 19, 2017, 11:10:27 pm »

Still don't get how hybrids are softer, if humans and chimps can't have kids while evolving on the same planet, I doubt Humans and Space Fox/Cat/Racoon can with the whole totally different star system bit.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4094 on: January 19, 2017, 11:32:08 pm »

Magic sufficiently advanced science, obviously.  Well, that's tongue-in-cheek, but it's not far off in truth.  Once your genetic engineering is effective enough to allow you to create life forms more or less whole cloth, it's not implausible that such designer life forms might be extended to "children" that exhibit phenotypic traits common to both parents (emphasizing phenotype over genotype also conveniently sets aside whether the two parents even need the same form of genetic material on a "broad strokes" level). 

Which wouldn't exactly be something most masters would commonly do in a master-slave relationship, though. 
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 632