Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2259 2260 [2261] 2262 2263 ... 3837

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5896638 times)

Fluoman

• Bay Watcher
  • Anything the game allows.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #33900 on: April 03, 2014, 08:14:25 am »

Would it be possible to mod craftable-material FBs so that they become statues upon death, like colossi? That'd be great.
"hey, look, my left hand! It's only bones now, gosh, has it been that long since that cave dragon bit it off?"

RtDs!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #33901 on: April 03, 2014, 09:00:33 am »

Would it be possible to mod craftable-material FBs so that they become statues upon death, like colossi? That'd be great.
I can't remember the exact tag (look at the bronze colossus raws if you want) but you'd need to add that to forgotten beast or titan data. No raws, but hack it in somewhere.
It might be possible with some DFHack finagling, but I have no idea.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Fluoman

• Bay Watcher
  • Anything the game allows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33902 on: April 03, 2014, 09:49:37 am »

Is this the tag?
Code: [Select]
[ITEMCORPSE:STATUE:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:BRONZE]
[ITEMCORPSE_QUALITY:5]
Why isn't it possible to add this to FBs raws? (They do have raws, right?)
"hey, look, my left hand! It's only bones now, gosh, has it been that long since that cave dragon bit it off?"

RtDs!

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #33903 on: April 03, 2014, 10:11:17 am »

Fbs are randomly generated during world gen from hardcoded data in game, pretty much like clowns. You can make semi-megabeasts or megabeasts that follow set raws that include that tag, and are made out of ruby, or gold, or candy, or whatever, but not forgotten beasts. To change hardcoded data you'd have to do hacking or something.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33904 on: April 03, 2014, 10:30:38 am »

Hopefully last question:

If the "current" folder of the save folder is empty, where are the raws for my current game stored?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33905 on: April 03, 2014, 10:58:56 am »

That's probably something better asked in the gameplay questions.

Had a close call with some forest spiders. I hate seeing those things wandering around. They're like giant web-slinging badgers with that prone to rage tag and they can't even kill a dwarf effectively if they have something as simple as a leather hat.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33906 on: April 03, 2014, 11:02:42 am »

Hopefully last question:

If the "current" folder of the save folder is empty, where are the raws for my current game stored?

They are in the save's individual folder. It will probably be named something along the lines of 'region#'. It should tell you what folder it is when you go to 'Continue Game'.

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33907 on: April 03, 2014, 11:06:56 am »

Hopefully last question:

They are in the save's individual folder. It will probably be named something along the lines of 'region#'. It should tell you what folder it is when you go to 'Continue Game'.
Ah. Yeah, I found it. Thanks ^-^

Edit: Also, is there any way to make it so a sentient "pet" can be added to the military or work?

In the preferences, the labour options and such for my "blight trolls" is all there (like, I can assign labours like mining and such, and CREATE squads is there too), but they won't work, and I can't actually ADD them to the squads. They are listed as tame, but also citizens in unit menu

Edit 2:

Also, in warlock fortress, there's only 7 preset squads, as opposed to infinitely createable squads. How can I mod in more squads for more variety?
I don't know about the other things, but to answer those questions:

No.

Add a [NUMBER:AS_NEEDED] tag to a military noble.

Seems like you are right about adding new military nobles.

Testing increasing the "Number" for existing ones though.

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33908 on: April 03, 2014, 11:11:47 am »

Nope. that doesn't work either :<

Edit 2:

Sigh. Anyone know where I can download older versions of Masterwork?

I wanna try and use the raws from concubines to make my Blight Ogres more usable.

They are too smart to war train or butcher, and too dumb to work.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 11:25:51 am by bennerman »

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33909 on: April 03, 2014, 12:14:29 pm »

Added [Intelligence] or [intellegent] or whatever, and they will fish, but won't mine, woodcut, enlist, etc

Edit: As much as I do like the "gentle giant" type unit, I don't think it should be a "blight ogre", and it definitely has no place in, what is essentially, "Necromancer Tower: The Game"
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 02:22:26 pm by bennerman »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #33910 on: April 03, 2014, 03:12:22 pm »

You should try using the 'edit' button to update your posts instead of making new posts.

However, there is one way to get your ogres to work: DFusion through DFhack has a script called 'frienship' which makes certain species you have around members of your fort. Not sure whether or not it still works though, since I haven't used it in quite a while.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33911 on: April 03, 2014, 04:01:17 pm »

Ronustuth. RageFence.

I remember this place. I found the old file sitting in my laptop. This was a fort that had been lost and reclaimed, and was built in the hopes that a certain migrant would show up. Though the fort was lost to FPS death and spontaneous crashing before the special guest could arrive. After its death, I had started a new fort, but it didn't turn out well either.

Anyways, it seems to be more or less the same as I had left it. Almost two hundred and fifty dwarves, with the majority being either skill-less peasants or children, and the rest being full-time soldiers.

The northern half is covered in blood and the southern half is littered with ruined ammunition, there are animals everywhere, and the militia's training hall resembles a can of sardines. There is a small area to the east of the training hall, filled with restraints so that soldiers can train on captive animals. It's also filled with vomit, blood, and spent ammunition. There are standing grates which make up a portion of the wall for this room, so that others can see the soldiers attacking captives. One of the grates has a severed goblin arm stuck in it. It's been so long that it is just bones now. I like to imagine that it's flipping off everyone who passes by it, like some sort of final act of defiance on the goblin's behalf.

For the most part the artifacts are the standard boring stuff, plus a couple dozen named weapons. Though there are a few notable ones, such as a ruby coffer, a forgotten beast gauntlet, and one I like just for its name, a lignite earring called the Incinerated Lamentation.

The hospital is full of injured miners, and the waters in the first cavern carry the bloated bodies of the dead. There are at least two ghosts who are lashing out by trying and failing to take apart furniture in a dining room. They have been for years, but have never managed to break anything. The only ones who get put to rest are violent ones, and that usually requires them to maim someone first.

There are three wells, and they are all nasty. Covered in grime, blood, and dust from cave-ins. Everything is constructed of jet boulders. That's terribly inefficient. The only ones who have their own homes are nobles and soldiers. For everyone else there is a small apartment like dormitory above the 'bar'.

The broker owns the bar, and has her own special rooms within it. She also has her own mead industry, with the hives sitting in a greenhouse right next to the entrance to her rooms. She tends to get stung a lot.

The chief medical dwarf lives in the hospital. I'm certain it's lovely, when you can't hear people screaming for their lives in the next room.

Spoiler: Bar and Hospital (click to show/hide)

The manager has a small house next to the militia tower. The house also makes up a portion of the wall in the restraint room. She holds the glass furnaces, but that's about it. It can be seen in a few of the militia tower pictures.

The bookkeeper has an office next to the forges. That's about all she has going for her.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The captain of the guard has her very own area at the very top of the militia tower.

The mayor is an elf. She has an artifact ruby coffer and a display case containing an artifact carp bone shield. As a non-dwarf, she cannot make demands, which makes her an okay mayor. I don't think she can take jobs though, so I'm uncertain as to whether or not she can actually hold meetings or console angry dwarves.

I probably DFHacked her to become a member of my fort at some point. Since it is somewhat on-topic, I'll mention that Friendship cannot be enabled by default in DFHack or DFusion. An object file is missing, I believe. There may be a fix floating around somewhere in the DFHack thread.

Edit: I found a built green glass terrarium. It holds a single fluffy wambler. There used to be a werezebra in there. I'm confused.

So many idlers.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 07:17:23 pm by BlackFlyme »

Alphabet Jones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33912 on: April 03, 2014, 04:15:54 pm »

That's a pretty kickass fort, Black. Wish I had the patience to keep my fortresses around long enough to get to that size.

Beast Tamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33913 on: April 03, 2014, 04:35:36 pm »

Just started my test of my prototype Marksman training tower. Tweaking the GCS silk farm idea and tweaking it a little, I replaced the GCS with a Necromancer and the bait with a couple corpses- using a modified type of my usual execution tower (my pefered method being death by firing squad). Currently drawing up plans for a Melee Dwarf training tower so I may make use of another Necromancer I captured.

So far, the training tower is performing smoothly. Now I won't have to rely on captured goblins and animals to provide target practice. Perhaps I should embark near Necromancer towers more often?
There is currently a minor problem in that the veteran demons fighting in the corpse factory have failed to die in the 2 year battle and have become legendary unkillable gods of war. I may have misjudged this possible outcome.

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33914 on: April 03, 2014, 04:43:09 pm »

You should try using the 'edit' button to update your posts instead of making new posts.

However, there is one way to get your ogres to work: DFusion through DFhack has a script called 'frienship' which makes certain species you have around members of your fort. Not sure whether or not it still works though, since I haven't used it in quite a while.

Sorry about that. Anyways, If they are already in my Citizens (or civilians? I don't have the game open) page of my units, but listed as tame, would DFusion still be able to help?
Pages: 1 ... 2259 2260 [2261] 2262 2263 ... 3837