Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

According to the newest research, what substance is best tasked with reinvorgorating a sleepy thread?

Powdered Sweet Pod
Crushed Mermaid Scale
Elven Bone Marrow
Flaked Adamantine
Ground Unicorn Horn

Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 144

Author Topic: The Hastening of Doomforests  (Read 435210 times)

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
Re: The Hastening of Doomforests
« Reply #1935 on: December 17, 2015, 10:21:09 pm »

Mate is taking a turn. Allegedly.
It's quite hard with the lack of fps. I may just leave it here and give the year to Don Pedro. I'll try to reach the end of the year (or as close as I can) for tomorrow. Otherwise, I'll just leave it to Don Pedro as it is.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: December 18, 2015, 01:34:13 am »

Journal of Mate the 888th
Don Pedro is beating irrelevant dwarves up and I keep mining adamantine while trying to figure out how to pump magma to build the chalice of Armok...
I must keep digging... Try not to flood the mines again and dig more... I need the adamantine... The city, the empire needs it! Dwarfkind will rule, and we will use our adamantine to dominate the lower races! Those inferior beings who don't dare to venture into the dark! KEEP DIGGING! We will stare at the void, and if it stares back, we will stab it to death! We will not be stopped by the demons in the dephts! No god will stop us, and the riches will make us all sickeningly wealthy for the rest of our lives! KEEP DIGGIN! DEEPER! DEEPER!
Deeper
What?
Come, dwarf. Come to me. Come to us.
No... It can't be...
Just dig a little more... We shall grant you power behind your wildest dreams...
That voice... The voice I would never be able to forget, no matter how hard I try...
You just have to... Help us out a bit. It's quite unconfortable down here, and we would love to see the surface once more...
It's Osp.
Deeper, dwarf, deeper. Stare at the void. Embrace the void, and we shall make you a god.
No...
Just tell them to channel some more floors. A couple of levels. Make sure to stick to the pillar.
No, no, no, no, NO!
Let us out... It was a long time since we last met. I wouldn't mind a reunion.
GET OUT OF MY HEAD! GET OUT OF MY HEAD! GETOUTOFMYHEADGETOUTOFMYHEADGETOUTOFMYHEADGETOUTOFMYHEAD [The next five pages contain the same words repeated over and over again. Mate had to be restrained until he calmed down]

I can't... Continue anymore... This place is stronger than me... And if I stay in command, either greed or outright boredom will make me free them. Free Osp. I can't risk the city like that. I can't risk myself fellow dwarves like that. I'll leave the rutile hat to whoever comes up first. Whoever he is, I'm pretty sure he will do a better job than I did.

There we go! A bypasser! HEY! DON PEDRO! YOU ARE THE OVERSEER NOW!
"wha..."
THINK FAST!
The rutile hat hits the NOYB in the nose, fracturing it!
Don Pedro is now enraged!

Oh, well, that'll be another tantrum to the list.
At least I'm still the hammerer.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm very sorry for the delay. I'll post the save later. Don Pedro, I'll send you the plans for the Chalice via PM if you want to continue it.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: December 18, 2015, 11:27:32 am »

Thank the Man-Emperor of Mankind, now I will be able to solve what has been bugging me for ages... TO THE FORGES! WE HAVE HERESY TO SPREAD!

Can I get the save please? I mean, I will not be able to play until tomorrow but I want to see what is going on... apart from that I may pull the Apiks...
It wasn't intended for you to go insane both in character and out of character.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: December 18, 2015, 02:53:59 pm »

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: December 19, 2015, 03:57:29 pm »

Got it, and concerning your request M8, I have some plans^^. How would you like to become a Deamon Slayer?

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: December 19, 2015, 06:37:51 pm »

Got it, and concerning your request M8, I have some plans^^. How would you like to become a Deamon Slayer?

By all of the fake gods. Do you mean what I think you mean?...

*runs back to Haven screaming*
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: December 19, 2015, 06:59:12 pm »

Yee.... Noo... Maybe?...

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: December 19, 2015, 08:17:55 pm »

*dyes hair orange*
FUCK YES

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: December 20, 2015, 03:39:07 pm »

Yee.... Noo... Maybe?...

Hahaha,  :P so I think you mean what I think you mean so I think you mean to unleash hell, which I think means death.  ;)
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

Sacasco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: December 20, 2015, 03:57:53 pm »

Yee.... Noo... Maybe?...

Hahaha,  :P so I think you mean what I think you mean so I think you mean to unleash hell, which I think means death.  ;)
I think that if you didn't think he meant what you thought he meant, you wouldn't know what he meant so would think nothing of what he meant, though probably not think he meant nothing. If it helps, I think you mean what I think he means, which I also think means death.
I think I further mean that I would like a turn, if that's not too much trouble, so shall look disapprovingly on anything I think anyone else thinks means someone thinking to destroy the fort.
I think...

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: December 20, 2015, 04:42:32 pm »

Yee.... Noo... Maybe?...

I think that if you didn't think he meant what you thought he meant, you wouldn't know what he meant so would think nothing of what he meant, though probably not think he meant nothing. If it helps, I think you mean what I think he means, which I also think means death.
I think I further mean that I would like a turn, if that's not too much trouble, so shall look disapprovingly on anything I think anyone else thinks means someone thinking to destroy the fort.
I think...
This was convoluted and very confusing. Give this man the Rutile hat.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: December 20, 2015, 07:50:24 pm »

Seconded.  I think this was the essence of thinking that this was Dwarf Fortress.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: December 20, 2015, 09:26:23 pm »

Seconded.  I think this was the essence of thinking that this was Dwarf Fortress.

The Dwarf-Emperor of Dwarfkind supports this.
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: December 21, 2015, 06:51:13 pm »

The Dwarf-Emperor of Dwarfkind supports this.
Hail!!!

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: December 23, 2015, 07:31:34 am »

Hello?..... Anyone here?
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 144