Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 136

Author Topic: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles  (Read 537949 times)

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell (BATTLEFAILED 4) - Beware the Aussie
« Reply #780 on: October 04, 2012, 06:42:35 pm »

Here's the save in default ASCII

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7006
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% more pronounceable than the leading brand.
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: October 04, 2012, 09:30:26 pm »

Remember: high-speed minecarts in busy hallways are perfectly safe.
I can't tell if you're serious, or are being sarcastic. I should really play some DF, damn you Half Minute Hero, for stealing my focus.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: October 04, 2012, 10:52:09 pm »

Remember: high-speed minecarts in busy hallways are perfectly safe.
I can't tell if you're serious, or are being sarcastic. I should really play some DF, damn you Half Minute Hero, for stealing my focus.

Well, given the nature of Bay12'ers, it's likely incredibly dangerous. However, the Battlefailed series defies logic, so it may actually be safe. It could go either way, which means there is only one solution:

Try it.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: October 05, 2012, 11:55:56 am »

No updates yet, but I am happy to report that there are migrants... a lot of migrants. And they somehow managed to survive two weeks in the zombie-infested wilderness without me (or the werearmadillo) noticing them. Looks like I might actually be able to get shit done this year.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 12:07:28 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: October 05, 2012, 12:10:48 pm »

Ooh, migrants?  If any make it to safety, I'd quite like to be re-dorfed.  Do we have a CMD?  If not, I'll take the job.  Medical skills optional.  Profession name of "Rawmancer", as per usual.

Looking at the screenshots, I notice the remnants of my hideously failed attempt to breach the aquifer.  Fun times.  Good to see the fort is still defying the odds.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: October 05, 2012, 12:23:45 pm »

I'd like to be redwarfed if possible. Make sure they get inside alive (or dorf me only from those that make it inside) because I would want to use them for my turn, which is pretty soon.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: October 05, 2012, 12:27:09 pm »

Oh man, if they have a miner, maybe you can dig them into a little hidey-hole for the time being?
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: October 05, 2012, 04:12:06 pm »

I request redorfing!
arcangelsd (don't care about the rest)
*cue every migrant dying horribly*
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: October 05, 2012, 04:34:20 pm »

*cue every migrant dying horribly*

If we're lucky.

Volfgarix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: October 05, 2012, 04:37:05 pm »

Quote from: CatalystParadox
(...)
Volfgarix, brewer, socially awkward but tireless.
Well...:
My dwarf is socially awkward, so no friends to tantrum about.
Tireless, so he work nearly non-stop.
And he is the Brewer!
Aye! I have the most useful dwarf in the fortress! *start dancing*

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: October 05, 2012, 04:43:20 pm »

(...)
Well...:
And he is the Brewer!
In most forts the useless dwarf dies first. In this kind of fort, the useless dwarf dies last, usually when he becomes the most important because everyone else is dead.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Volfgarix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: October 05, 2012, 04:45:05 pm »

(...)
Well...:
And he is the Brewer!
In most forts the useless dwarf dies first. In this kind of fort, the useless dwarf dies last, usually when he becomes the most important because everyone else is dead.

Well... I change my think, miners may be more useful...

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% more pronounceable than the leading brand.
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: October 05, 2012, 06:38:14 pm »

Well... I change my think, miners may be more useful...
I'm pretty sure the brewers are like, the strongest thread holding the stitched something-or-other that is Horrorfailed together. Marginally, but still.
Also, a new journal of mine's done, but I'll probably post it tomorrow. I'm tired right now, shut up and go to bed.

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: October 05, 2012, 08:10:11 pm »

I'd have to disagree with both of you, sadly. She-dwarf archers are most crucial, as they can protect the fort AND create new peasants to consume indoctrinate into farmers. Plus, none of your sorry rears would be worth jack if you got stuck outside  :P

EDIT: Downloaded the save to peek around, familiarize myself with the layout should I begin some journals or something... :o Holy Christ, this place is horrifying. Has anybody done anything about the zombie we have caged in the front entrance? Why do we have a walled off stockpile of bodies a foot of dirt away from the beer? What is the random wall of maple logs on the surface for? Why is the trade depot inaccessible through several narrow hallways from the entrance of the fort? Why does almost nothing make sense?!?

I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

EDIT 2: Ah yes, and the random cages of squirrels in the everything stockpile just completes the experience. If ever a caravan brings mates, we should definately establish a breeding population of flying squirrels in Horrorfailed and train them for war or something.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 08:50:51 pm by StLeibowitz »
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: October 05, 2012, 08:49:12 pm »

I'd have to disagree with both of you, sadly. She-dwarf archers are most crucial, as they can protect the fort AND create new peasants to consume indoctrinate into farmers. Plus, none of your sorry rears would be worth jack if you got stuck outside  :P

EDIT: Downloaded the save to peek around, familiarize myself with the layout should I begin some journals or something... :o Holy Christ, this place is horrifying. Has anybody done anything about the zombie we have caged in the front entrance? Why do we have a walled off stockpile of bodies a foot of dirt away from the beer? What is the random wall of maple logs on the surface for? Why is the trade depot inaccessible through several narrow hallways from the entrance of the fort? Why does almost nothing make sense?!?

I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

You see, every single overseer has a personal style of fort-building. Usually, the first thing one does when starting a turn is trying to change the layout completely. It adds up.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 136