_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1703 1704 [1705] 1706 1707 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5761460 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship; Magical Space Earrings
« Reply #25560 on: September 03, 2014, 01:33:17 pm »

Exit vr.
"Hey Steve, do you have a shooting range on this ship where I can test this strange gun? Cause the only way I can test it with a vr machine is by shooting it at one."
Way to test Nyars gun?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #25561 on: September 04, 2014, 12:44:01 pm »

Quote from: Yoink on August 31, 2014, 08:14:13 am

>Graciously thank Mesk retroactively for the token.

>Repeat my request of one cam eye from the Armoury Master, again offer her two tokens for it. Become distressed if she refuses. Either way, also ask for a tin lunchbox filled with various drugs.

Well whatever, eyeball for you.

And box of drugs

This just means I'll be aiming to shoot out one eye instead of two.

Shouldn't that be three tokens? Otherwise one could buy two separate 2-token eyeballs and get full cameyes for a token less.

Also, doesn't this negate the idea of buying a full set of cameyes? After all, why have two if one serves just as well?

Yeah. Yeah. Someone de-eye him. There's gotta be a screwdriver around here somewhere.

Ulrich Leland. Location: Rec Room -> Armory

"Damn it." Ulrich says again. "Don't sneak behind me like that again."
I suppose this concludes testing.
He thinks and quits VR. There's a lot more people here suddenly...

He leaves to the armory and takes a good long look at the equipment list and asks from AM:
"Excuse me. I just noted that description of Mass Manipulation Amp says it's hybrid of Gravity and Vector Amps, yet it's much cheaper than either one. From description alone I don't see much of reason to buy latter one. Could you tell me where Vector Amp outperforms Mass Manip Amp, or why anyone would by it?"

Exit VR. Go to armory. Ask.

Spoiler: Description (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stats & Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
"It lets you change directions and speed easier. Lower level manips and amps have less abilities but because they are specialized they don't take as much energy to use."

"I dunno. The Shackle just says I need to amputate a limb. I figure an arm would be a safe bet if it isn't too much trouble. Maybe we could see if the Armory Master has some painkillers and something sharp to cut it with. I could try it with a kitchen knife, but that might be a bit messy."
"Eh.  No problem.  Let's try the elbow down first, then from the shoulder if you need more."
Chop off my left arm just below the elbow.
Wait to see what happens. If it doesn't count, cut the next part off myself if Mesk is okay with it.
((Thought that would count as me doing the chopping.))

Do the chopping of Mesk ' s arm carefully and hopefully competently.
You cut off Mesk's arm. It's pretty messy, but surprisingly easy when the person you're delimbing is cooperating.

The shackle beeps and Mesk's stomach growls as his arm starts regenerating.

"Hello. This man needs a generator and a capacitor bank for his laser rifle so that he can shoot it without problems for as long as he wants. He can spend four tokens. What does a generator the size of a backpack that can make his wish come true as well as the needed capacitor bank cost?" she asks, pointing at Sambo.

Ask AM the price of this man's fancied generator. Smoke peacefully.
"You want a generator the size of a backpack for four tokens?"

She starts laughing.

Huh.

"Thankyou kindly, ma'am," Jobasio says with a nod, then turns to head towards the infirmary.

>Determine which of my current, organic eyes is dominant- make a triangular gap between my hands, look at a small object in the distance and blink one eye at a time, to see which eye maintains the same image. That's the dominant one.

>Then go to the infirmary and get my new cam-eye installed in place of the weaker eye.
NOPE

Finish it with melee. Run in with bat and cleaver swinging, and attempt to deflect attacks with the two empty hands.
The Clever gets stuck in someone's skull almost immediately, and the bat breaks over their heads, so you just start punching. When you finally make it out they've managed to drive a few knives into you and leave a nail bat embedded in your shoulder. You yank the weapons out -the wounds are shallow anyways- and get ready as the computer spawns in 40 more attackers; and this time some of them have ranged weapons.

Yeah, I vanished Just before the fleet counterattack. Wiki says I got no level up or pay.
Well then you get paid for the defense but not the counter attack, since you didn't participate.

Sounds reasonable, Steve, but perhaps some people are actually interested in those. How about a quick peek at those without spending much time there?
Well. Any way. Lead us on, mister.
Maurice smiled to the guardsman holding the lasrifle.
Move on, finally.

By the way, Steve: I've always figured there was some sort of a greenhouse, eco preserve or something like that on board. A place to grow the nutrients sustaining the crew and the inmates. There was bound to be such a place on a ship this big and autonomous. Could we also visit it, or at least observe from safe distance without endangering it? I'm really curious about this one.

Inquire.
Following Maurice and guard.
Follow Maurice
The group heads back through the maintenance door and into the tunnels behind the walls.

"The inmate" the guide pauses for a moment, "Former inmate, I suppose, section is able to be completely sealed off from the rest of the ship. There's individual generators, oxygen supplies, and the like, as well as a 3 foot thick armor shell around the whole thing. We're going to need to pass through the isolation airlock before we reach the crew quarters."

He stops at what looks like a broom closet a bit down the hall. He presses a button and the door opens, revealing a closet full of jumpsuits.

"Put on an orange jumpsuit." The guide says.

Gorat sighs as Maurice deservedly ignores him.
"Well, that's one more for my list why I'm a bad guy. Doesn't play well with others. I guess I should find some secluded spot where I can villain around with no one to suffer from it."

Wander off to some secluded place (remaining in the inmate section, of course). No preference beyond being alone.

Barracks bathroom it is then

Exit vr.
"Hey Steve, do you have a shooting range on this ship where I can test this strange gun? Cause the only way I can test it with a vr machine is by shooting it at one."
Way to test Nyars gun?

>Do what another guy did: Put on your suit, go outside and shoot into space.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25562 on: September 04, 2014, 02:27:41 pm »

An intense apathy overtakes the Chief as she watches the Armory Master. She explains with infinite patience, as she has no dignity. It is a bit irritating that the Armory Master was so silly, but dialogue needs to be maintained.

Await AM to stop laughing, staring at her with chemically-deadened eyes.

"I have read texts. There are two things to know about generators - size and power. I am looking for a generator with low power and big size. Small size is expensive. High power is expensive. I am looking for a generator that powers a laser rifle for a minute of unstopped fire. Recharges one tenth of the battery charge in ten to twenty seconds."

The time units were the most difficult thing to learn for one who did not measure time, but she was getting rapidly used to these things.

"I am told that to make these things smaller is expensive," she repeats, knowing the AM's attention span to be about ten to fifteen seconds. "So a bigger, older generator that can do the same thing as a new, small one should be less expensive. To repeat - generator powers laser rifle for 60 seconds, recharges one tenth of charge in ten to twenty seconds. Is the size of a backpack. Maybe old. Big. With big parts, less expensive technology. How many tokens for that and capacitors, what is the price?"

Reiterate request more specifically. Inhale some of that blue smoke to maintain peace of mind. Ride the apathy.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #25563 on: September 04, 2014, 02:35:22 pm »

((I'm not sure if it's intentional misunderstanding in this case, but a 2-token generator is the size of a shoebox at most, and can power the laser rifle indefinitely on its own. It's what the Gungnir uses. The laughter is because a backpack generator for 4 token will be enough to run a cutting laser.))
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 02:37:36 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25564 on: September 04, 2014, 02:54:44 pm »

((I'm not sure if it's intentional misunderstanding in this case, but a 2-token generator is the size of a shoebox at most, and can power the laser rifle indefinitely on its own. It's what the Gungnir uses. The laughter is because a backpack generator for 4 token will be enough to run a cutting laser.))

((Ooh, have generators gotten significantly cheaper, then? Anywho, better to be sure. These prices are anything if consistent. Besides, I bet Sambo'll dig it. And this time I'm actually asking for the price, too!))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25565 on: September 04, 2014, 04:21:22 pm »

As you wish.
Put on the orange jumpsuit. Help other people eligible for wearing clothes in my group do the same.
Follow the guide.

((Placeholder action for the still-fleshy-humanly-inmates following me.))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25566 on: September 04, 2014, 04:29:49 pm »

"So,  tell me more about your life here, Mr. ...Maurice, right?"
Follow Maurice.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25567 on: September 04, 2014, 04:53:00 pm »

Eexcellent.

Turn in gauss rifle for even more tokens, and go looking for trouble the Doctor. If not present, gird loins and go looking for Nyars.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25568 on: September 04, 2014, 05:06:50 pm »

"Thanks Mesk. Hey, would you mind sticking around and helping me with a few more challenges? I was hoping to build up some charges and then go outside the ship to test out the weapon effects." Jason asks.

High five Mesk with severed arm, then check the Shackle.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25569 on: September 04, 2014, 05:13:04 pm »

Sell my civic defenders longcoat (for two tokens), and buy a MK3. Also Get a rope and some targets to shoot at.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25570 on: September 04, 2014, 06:22:04 pm »

Struggle my way into a orange jumpsuit and get it fully sealed against vacuum. accept help if offered. make sure I do not extend my claws or otherwise compromise the suit.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25571 on: September 04, 2014, 06:56:16 pm »

Maurice stopped and turned to Bartholomew, smiling.
Dr. Maurice Sanctor, physician and surgeon, at your service. Accused of High Treason and sentenced to HMRC service for being unfortunate to give aid to those in need. And you, Mr. Markov?

Oh, and this is, if I may introduce, Lyra, a very nice and helpful person, if somewhat shy and occasionally difficult to understand. Well, who in the 'Corps don't have their own quirks?
Maurice winked and lent a hand to Lyra.

Well, life here is... interesting, to put it that way. Sure, the risk of death is actually almost omnipresent, especially when you consider some of your inmates, but about the time it finally sinks into one's head, the fear of death is already somewhat numbed down due to constant exposure and comparison to some of the most vivid nightmares you encounter.
You can have almost any drug here, booze and cigarettes are free, if that's your liking. Sure, the food is bland at times, but then there's a kitchen in the Rec Room... which you may want to refer to as Wrec Room, according to an old 'Corps tradition.
The most popular choice of killing time are the VR machines, especially Tinker - which, as a doctor, I should warn you about before hand: there've been cases of extreme addiction and spontaneous knee-caps busting, so tread with care.
Then there is also the Doctor - with the capital D, it is sort of his name as none other has ever been presented. He is... a complicated person you might want to form an opinion about by yourself. Suffice to say he is both highly dangerous and beneficial and can give you bodily modifications for a price.
And then there is the Armory Master - you have probably met her already, haven't you? Neither she has a name we know of; nor she is harmless or useless - though certainly much more nice and generally less dangerous to talk to. Oh, and she is strikingly beautiful, indeed.
Finally, there is Nyars. No one knows for certain why we call him like that, or what is his real name or profession. He usually hangs out next to the R&D quarters entrance and he can give you, for a fixed price, a random artifact of vaguely understood origin and power. Mind the markings on the capsules he sells, for they bear a certain secret meaning, corresponding to what is inside - there are several theories on that.

Well, that's about it. Do you have any other questions?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #25572 on: September 04, 2014, 08:00:18 pm »

Sambo grins while the Chief continues negotiations.

He decides to chime in:

"I don't really give a hoot if it's big or small, I just want it to run the damn rifle. What's the best you've got for around four tokens, including a capacitor bank to go with it? Just enough to run a laser rifle, even if it needs a bit of recharge time between volleys. Don't know what old circle-eyes is on about. I'd rather a brand-spanking-fucking-new one if you've got it. Otherwise we'll just have to go and butcher some gauss rifles I reckon."
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 08:05:43 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25573 on: September 04, 2014, 11:22:26 pm »

Oh, and this is, if I may introduce, Lyra, a very nice and helpful person, if somewhat shy and occasionally difficult to understand. Well, who in the 'Corps don't have their own quirks? Maurice winked and lent a hand to Lyra.
I purr for a several seconds in response to this.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25574 on: September 05, 2014, 03:46:11 am »

"Well, I got here because I... Snaped... "
Bartholomew's eyes unfocused
"They did bad things, so I did bad things. Snap, snap, blood on the wall, snap, snap, bones on the floor..."
"I... I mean, so, eh, yes, Dr. Sanctor. Eh, and hello Ms. Lyra."
Get jumpsuited
Pages: 1 ... 1703 1704 [1705] 1706 1707 ... 2101