Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 72

Author Topic: Survive (10/10, Endgame)  (Read 133144 times)

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (8/10)
« Reply #540 on: November 20, 2017, 12:57:04 pm »

Day 3: Rainy (3 Turns Remain)
Oceansoul is inactive, and Custom Critical has let me know they can't participate for now. I have invited the people on the waitlist.

Thank the mage for the good fight. Eat some owl meat and heal up.
5 The mage, having watched in the shadows the entire time, is somewhat bewildered that you actually thanked them for the fight.

"Interesting," says the mage, still a bit flabbergasted. "Well... since you've done a good job, perhaps I shall help you this once."

They extend their hand, and black runes flow out from it into your mind. You suddenly feel like you understand Spirit Magic better, especially harming spells. The mage disappears again.

Owl Meat consumed. Health and Hunger replenished. Spirit Magic Rank 0: 5/10 EXP. Gain Spells: Minor Harm (1 Mana), Moderate Harm (2 Mana)

starting to feel a bit hungry. Snack on some fish, and try to move the Box of holding.
3 You eat a fish and push the chest back to camp. -1 Fish. +1 Hunger. Campsite and River Updated.

Continue befriending the magic cat monster with fish.
2 The cat is full. It has no effect. -1 Hunger. Winged Cat: 10/10 Health, Charmed (1 Turns)

Continue training with the spear.
1+1 You waste some time training. It doesn't do much for you... maybe the rain is bogging you down. -1 Hunger.

keep thinking of ways to store magical energy.
2 You really don't think you're getting anything right now. You're too distracted by your growling stomach. -1 Hunger. Warning: 1 Hunger remaining.

I will name my bear Bearemiah Robert. Beary Bob for short, and in general. Time to go bond. Go hunting with my bear, assisting each other with the hunt.
5+1 Having a literal powerhouse on your side certainly helps in the hunting game. You and your bear dispatch a couple of deer with relative ease, though it is tiring.
-2 Hunger. You obtain Deer Meat x5. +1 Bond with Beary. Hunting Level Up! Choose one: +1 Maximum Health, +1 Maximum Hunger, or +1 Hunting (one time only)

Farm berry bushes and forage a bit, cast plant growth on them.
3+2 You are extremely proficient at what you do. You're getting closer and closer to unlocking the secrets of Earth Magic.
-1 Hunger, -1 Mana. You obtain Strawberry x5, Blackberry x5. Foraging Rank 3: 10/25 EXP. Farming Rank 2: 13/20 EXP. Earth Magic Rank 4. Next Rank: 15/30 EXP.
Bushes: +1 Foraging for 2 Turns.

More meditating on Divination
6 You suddenly get a vision of the future, and it seems pretty bleak. Monsters are everywhere, civilization is destroyed, and five dark mages rule over everything whilst a god dragon lies dead. Only you and your friends can stop this from coming to pass, either by defeating the mages, restoring the dragon god, and/or somehow making peace between them.
You wake up feeling extremely drained, but you remember how you saw the future and keep that spell in your mind.
-2 Hunger, Mana Depleted. Divination Magic Rank 2: 5/20 EXP. Gain Spell: See the Future (10 Mana)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 01:03:42 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: November 20, 2017, 01:05:11 pm »

Cast slumber on the cat. If it works, rest to recover my mana and then try to make a more permanent bond.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: November 20, 2017, 01:17:37 pm »

Oops. Forgot to eat.
I should really eat some food. Continue thinking about storing magic, much like how energy is stored in wood. Some kind of magical coal that I could use to perform spells from constructs.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: November 20, 2017, 01:27:52 pm »

Eat some food, continue training with the spear again.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: November 20, 2017, 01:48:28 pm »

I'm here. Can I take that spot, please?
EDIT: Are axes good for combat?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 02:29:16 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: November 20, 2017, 02:55:15 pm »

Danea enters the game and immediately heads to the mines.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: November 20, 2017, 03:01:21 pm »

Jeb after seeing the vision heads straight to Kalith asking the question "How can one restore the dragon god"
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: November 20, 2017, 04:55:25 pm »

Cast slumber on the cat. If it works, rest to recover my mana and then try to make a more permanent bond.
Resist! I don't want to be bonded, nor do I want this new interesting flying friend bonded either!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: November 20, 2017, 05:13:57 pm »

Not you, Dustan, the winged cat I accidentally summoned that I charmed that only has 1 turn of charm left.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: November 20, 2017, 10:22:32 pm »

Practice all the unarmed combat moves I've learned, try and codify them into specific katas/fighting patterns. For further fighting MASTERY
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: November 21, 2017, 12:27:43 am »

+1 Hunting.

Use my and Beary's hunting ability to track something for us to fight to bond further. On the way, use Spirit to Mana to change 4 Spirit to Mana, and work on developing a spell to either form a blade of mana for me to wield, or to summon a blade for me to wield alongside my current sword. Preferably something that could also harm ethereal beings like the ones I saw when I learned blink.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (10/10)
« Reply #551 on: November 21, 2017, 12:41:20 am »

share food have a little myself. Then forage /farm more. Meditate on spirit magic so I can heal, etc

Sorry. Things have been a bit nuts lately.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: November 24, 2017, 09:00:10 pm »

Day 3: Rainy (2 Turns remain)

Things have been similarly crazy for me. Sorry for the wait.

I'm here. Can I take that spot, please?
EDIT: Are axes good for combat?
Yes, welcome. Also, axes can be used in combat if you want to? It's your choice.

Resist! I don't want to be bonded, nor do I want this new interesting flying friend bonded either!
3+1 (Glass) and 2 (Dustin)Already susceptible to Aaron's charms, the winged cat falls asleep for a couple turns despite Tab E. Cat's best efforts.
Aaron recovers mana and pets the sleeping cat. A bit more coaxing may make it a permanent friend.
Glass: -1 Hunger, +2 Mana. Enchantment Magic Rank 2: 10/20 EXP. +1 Friendship with Winged Cat.
Dustin: -1 Hunger.

I should really eat some food. Continue thinking about storing magic, much like how energy is stored in wood. Some kind of magical coal that I could use to perform spells from constructs.
4+1 The bushes seem pretty ripe, so you eat some berries to sustain yourself. Upon further thought, you feel like perhaps some crystals or gems could hold magical energy, like quartz or emeralds.
Health replenished, Hunger +4. Skill Unlocked: Foraging Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP.

Eat some food, continue training with the spear again.
4+1 You eat and train, gaining a bit more experience. -2 Cooked Spider Meat, +4 Hunger. Combat Rank 1: 5/15 EXP.

Danea enters the game and immediately heads to the mines.
5 You head to the mines without problems. Hey look, are those crystals in the mine wall? Some have been jostled out of place. You obtain White Quartz x3.

Practice all the unarmed combat moves I've learned, try and codify them into specific katas/fighting patterns. For further fighting MASTERY
1 After trying out some of your 'new moves', you realize exactly how tired you are from that fight. -2 Hunger. Gain Status: Fatigued.

+1 Hunting.
Use my and Beary's hunting ability to track something for us to fight to bond further. On the way, use Spirit to Mana to change 4 Spirit to Mana, and work on developing a spell to either form a blade of mana for me to wield, or to summon a blade for me to wield alongside my current sword. Preferably something that could also harm ethereal beings like the ones I saw when I learned blink.

1+2 The Bear and you easily track down another deer, but it seems pretty routine for the bear to be too much of a bonding experience... still, you do figure out some things.
-1 Hunger. -4 Spirit, +4 Mana. Obtain Deer Meat x1. Spirit Magic Rank 2. Next Rank: 2/20 EXP. Spirit Magic Learn Spell: Spiritual Weapon (Lasts 1 Turn per Mana)

share food have a little myself. Then forage /farm more. Meditate on spirit magic so I can heal, etc
1+3 You accomplish your goals admirably, but one should be careful when using their strengths too much.
+2 Mana, Hunger Refilled. Total Berry Changes: -2 of each, 5 in Campsite. Foraging Rank 3: 13/25 EXP. Farming Rank 2: 16/20 EXP. Spirit Magic Rank 3: 3/25 EXP.

Jeb after seeing the vision heads straight to Kalith asking the question "How can one restore the dragon god"
5 The crystal dragon perks up at that, looking thoughtful.
"Well... I think it hasss to do with belief and our willingnesss to give of ourselves to the dragon god. We need to pray, and we need to give offeringsss. Perhaps if we had a ssstatue of the dragon god, we would be able to connect to it better. We ssshould offer whatever we can and sssee what worksss besst... likely valuable thingsss will work better, asss it isss ssstill a dragon."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 09:09:21 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: November 24, 2017, 09:13:52 pm »

Go hunting.
For cats, large if possible.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 06:49:22 pm by Puppyguard »

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: November 24, 2017, 09:19:49 pm »

Head into the mines in search of crystals and gems. If I see Danea, say the below.
((I don't remember what my color was so I'm just using red.))
Hey, you look new. Ever considered being a blacksmith? I'm in the craft and am looking for an apprentice.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 72