Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26

Author Topic: Wizard Kingdom RTD [Turn 15: Items of Power]  (Read 43286 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Kingdom RTD [Turn 4: Just All Kinds Of Weird]
« Reply #195 on: October 03, 2018, 11:24:17 am »

"Ninja don't need to worry about food! We eat what we catch in the wilderness like real men! Wait, am I confusing ninja with bears again? Oh well, same thing really."

Using Ninjaturgy, attempt to lead my new ninja pack out into the wild to live off the land. If a few of them die, well, I had too many anyway.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 03, 2018, 02:07:07 pm »

"Mmm."

Use my metal and blacksmithing skills to chop the golem bodies it to ingots with a smidgen of animation to have them float about.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 03, 2018, 03:43:18 pm »

"Hey I need food! Lady?"

Tell my pet to go and tell the local crow population to go and murder that pack of jackals. Inspire her to do so very stylishly and persuasively using fashion! Also any bird who helps out saving the farmers can have a treat-

Because I'm helping out with one of the main quests, I'm totally a member of the active group and thus get a second action! Figure out who does the cooking around here, I'm going to need to coerce them into making some tasty biscuits to feed to birds. Birds love biscuits.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 03, 2018, 03:44:54 pm »

((Hey Irony, am I actually fighting the cobra now?))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 05, 2018, 04:45:20 pm »

((I finally got around to reading the turn and it's a bit of a mess.

@IronyOwl: How to deal with the "a single house sallies forth per turn" thing if we have people from two houses already involved in the jackal affair and more disorganizedly trying to jump into it? I'd like the mess sorted out to find out whether I should post as part of the leaving or staying party.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 05, 2018, 07:52:59 pm »

Turn 4.5: Let the Games Begin

New plan!

Everyone is now in a free-for-all to impress the peasantry as much as possible. Presumably by slaying jackals and saving peasants. The triumphant House will gain the honor of going on the first mission, while everyone else will be shunted to inactive status. While inactive, you will generate resources like a peasant (assuming you have any suitable skills) but may not take actions. Houses will take turns between active missions and inactive drudgery.

Doing better on missions than your fellow Houses gives you a larger share of the peasantry's output. Also missions tend to benefit the settlement in some way, and so often result in more output total.

Sine the situation has changed, please repost your actions, even if you're still doing the same thing.

Jeffery was not sure how Elen was being blamed for leading the villagers into a pack of jackals. He had led them into the jackals. But hey, ya know what? He wasn't arguing. At least people would hate Elen, and House Best, instead of himself, Jeffery Kentwood, and House Arcana. This was just a "Happy little accident", as his father and mentor would describe it.
"Why am I being blamed for the jackals? I'm innocent!"

Affirm my innocence and that I've done nothing wrong.

Heal myself with vitamancy.

Wow peasants are bad at this. No wonder people keep feeding them to jackals!

You think about trying to protect people, but there are no threats to protect them from (beyond each other) so it'd be wasted.
((NO it isn't! ;_; That skill is non-combat applicable too, it said so in the rules D: I was going to prepare making a shield for future use, meaning expanding the 3 or so turns I [kinda wasted??] on making it >_<
Retroactively reroll please? :-\ Don't like feeling useless .-.))
((I don't mind noncombat uses for protection, but I'd rather avoid you just sort of walking around everywhere with a transferable magic shield just in case. >_>))

((Hey Irony, am I actually fighting the cobra now?))
((I mean, you could try giving her the cold shoulder or playing hard to get.))

((I finally got around to reading the turn and it's a bit of a mess.

@IronyOwl: How to deal with the "a single house sallies forth per turn" thing if we have people from two houses already involved in the jackal affair and more disorganizedly trying to jump into it? I'd like the mess sorted out to find out whether I should post as part of the leaving or staying party.))
((I'd intended a bit more negotiation than resulted (that is, some negotiation). New plan solves all that!))

Spoiler: House Best (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: House Deepstone (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: House Arcana (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: House Nightmare (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Kingdom RTD [Turn 4.5: Let the Games Begin]
« Reply #201 on: October 05, 2018, 08:01:23 pm »

[7:58 PM] Dermonster:    also I'm not sure how fair this scoring system is when my house literally just has me and that other dude and everyone else has ten
[7:59 PM] IronyOwl:    huehuehue

Stone magic to move the stone around me out of here. Masonry to make the area excavated to look REAL GOOD.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 05, 2018, 08:06:06 pm »

"Hey I need food! Lady?"

Tell my pet to go and tell the local crow population to go and murder that pack of jackals. Inspire her to do so very stylishly and persuasively using fashion! Also any bird who helps out saving the farmers can have a treat-

Figure out who does the cooking around here, I'm going to need to coerce them into making some tasty biscuits to feed to birds. Birds love biscuits.

Also, I'm not a member of no "house best". That thing is full of like, stinky ninjas and stuff, and the lime green guy's the one who came up with these houses in the first place and he's a fucking idiot. As such, someone make a player-made guild already so I can join it! >:|
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 10:59:39 pm by Egan_BW »
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 05, 2018, 08:11:49 pm »

I order my ninja followers to attack the jackals and/or my housemates. That should help me winnow them down to the most competent recruits.
Meanwhile, I will use Ninjaturgy to hide from evil "other wizards" in the shadows. Maybe inside that shadow ball Tiruin has! Can't see that going badly.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 02:05:55 am by Maximum Spin »

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 05, 2018, 08:22:33 pm »

Cut up the Golem bodies into floating metal ingots using metal magic and animation.

Then, take the metal ingots to the blacksmith shop and create as much farming tools as metal would allow. Try to aid with my own blacksmithing skills if possible.

(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 05, 2018, 08:23:03 pm »

Lightning magic. The annoying girl. MAKE IT HAPPEN. Maybe I can make it look like I was aiming for the ... actually, you know what? Let's split it up and hit Elen too, that way people can see that I'm clearly helping with the jackal problem.

Meanwhile, I order my ninja followers to attack the jackals and/or my housemates. That should help me winnow them down to the most competent recruits.
Do you want to waste time on this? Because I can waste time on this, but I'd rather fight jackals.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 05, 2018, 08:40:47 pm »

Politely request that my skeleton calm the fuck down. Nevermind, seems it already did. But still, try to work out a way for us to communicate with each other so that we're not working at cross purposes.
Continue healing. Try to get my skeleton to bring me to a comfortable place to do this.

When does this get to happen?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 05, 2018, 08:56:09 pm »

Politely request that my skeleton calm the fuck down. Nevermind, seems it already did. But still, try to work out a way for us to communicate with each other so that we're not working at cross purposes.
Continue healing. Try to get my skeleton to bring me to a comfortable place to do this.

When does this get to happen?
((You can indeed rest during the jackal fight, if that's what you're asking.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 05, 2018, 09:12:58 pm »

Jeffery Kentwood summons a large amount of cast iron spears for the peasants being attacked by jackals. One point of summoning for the base spell, a point of metal to make the spears out of cast iron, another point of metal to give the spears a complicated shape, and two points of summoning for the larger quantity of spears being summoned.

Jeffery then uses his own noodly spear of power to engage the jackals, using his spear skill as needed to attack.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 05, 2018, 10:57:19 pm »

"Hmm... I'm going to need a wagon or something..." BB quickly realizes, and makes her way back to the village, wondering why some villagers and mages seem to be missing.

She decides to use the Golort as a vehicle to search for people

When she finds out what's going on she sends it to help out with squishing jackals
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26