_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1150 1151 [1152] 1153 1154 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5768015 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Feyri needs a hug.
« Reply #17265 on: September 09, 2013, 06:29:10 pm »

"Strangely, I won't mind... funny how insanity changes a man..."
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #17266 on: September 09, 2013, 07:04:37 pm »

Feyri stood against the far corner in the Briefing room--that one she noted down on her second mission, or technically the 'third' ever mission due to its atmosphere. Strangely, the most mundane part of the room, not that well lit but not that dark either--it was just like that one corner your eyes pass over because most of the other parts of the room were prettier.

She sighed.

So this is how it is inside a mask behind the MK, and..in a body that doesn't exactly shape my own. Well, at least there go those worries about my figure but-...am I really that not missed?

Jim...I'm not sure if he's worried or not. Or if he doubts that I really-..if I /really/...*sigh*

The robotic figure remained silent. Still. Yet inside its organic brain, millions of neurons were pulsing with thought, and worry.

My aural devices seem to be calibrated to the same frequency in life..or perhaps its just me, huh.
Aw come on. They don't not miss you. Just speak up and make yourself known.
Oh hell no. I don't want to cause any kind of mishap or let the others know that I'm here. Lyra knows. Grate..is asking..respond to him at least.
Ok. What about Jim. At least send him a message that you're there.
That wouldn't me..prudent. He's worried enough.
But he must kno..

The shock hit her like a train, in reverse, after being hit by it in the first place.

...Remember what you said to him in the VR? Or what you did type on your diary for him? Did you get the ping yet?
No..no. The diary is safe-encoded with a password named after only one special other here. I got nothing on my wristpad.
..You stored it in your suit?
Duh.
Well.
Oh carp. Here comes the boy.

"Um...I don't think you ever said...you're Miss Feyri, right?"
Craaaaaaa-
The robot shakes its head and raises it by a quarter of an inch--just like someone gesturing with it--before speaking.
Ok, private channel with Grate.
"I can't tell you that. Speak with Lyra. She knows. Don't tell anyone.

"...Please, cheer her up. Keep her safe. She means a lot to me..just like the others."

With that, Feyri shut off her outercomms seeing as it was in a low frequency that only Grate could hear it-didn't pay off to have it on anyway, she thought.

This isn't only what you're good for, Jim..I know you're more than a husk of a person. You're more human than most other humans I know..even if you didn't start out as one.

And you're my hero, damnit.

...I love you Simus, sometimes.
Aaaaand there's Milno. Didn't change. Oh boy.

Ok Sunshine, look. I know it's pretty much a hard time for you, but we're all in this together. Even without you--well, without them knowing you're here--people support you.

Hate them for it.

I need a better weapon that this Tesla Sabre and the laser rifle. A few stun grenades and whatnot, I only have Seven tokens. That's all I'll need, if with this MKIII suit.

ACTION: Move back to the AM - ask if I am permitted to re-enter the briefing room.

In my most sincere tone, inquire what she would recommend for my arsenal-something that would provide a good synergy with what I currently have: an MKIII and my Tesla Sabre, as I lost everything else.

..Please make this work. :P

"What can you recommend?..Oh, and it's Feyri here. You know what happened...
"Anything that can ward off rogue amps? Or perhaps, shield others or myself from the power of amps? In general, please?
"...Or at least, something to protect me that doesn't compromise mobility?"

((..I originally put the brown-Bishop's voice as a snarky, dark-side-ish voice.
Now it's like he's sounding like Tyrann @Nier. xD It just came to me that way.))

At least I know a few things don't change.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 07:23:28 pm by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17267 on: September 09, 2013, 07:15:37 pm »

((Delay explained by me having classes. Still in the classroom at the moment, to be fair.))

"Yo." Milno speaks up when Astra is done talking to Jim, raising his badger claw and waving it slightly in an acknowledgement gesture. "I advise you to keep clear from maniacs and be very careful with your manipulator and anyone around with one. These things have been doing a good job at killing and wounding more of us than the aliens ever did."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #17268 on: September 09, 2013, 07:17:28 pm »

((I'm making those appearance notes Caellath suggested to me. Pop by to check them out, see me fill them out, chat in the... chat,  make a comment, complain about my failings or even fill out your own if you want to help me. It's in my sig and over here.
Work in progress. I've filled out the user names and some of the characters, tell me if I'm forgetting something.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17269 on: September 09, 2013, 07:23:20 pm »

((Its not the 1's that concern me, its cutting my teammates in half on every 6 or 7.))

idly tap away on my datapad, try to make a friend-foe-recognition program that will cut power to the weapon if it begins targetting or sweeping over an ally.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17270 on: September 09, 2013, 07:33:45 pm »

I need a better weapon that this Tesla Sabre. Seven tokens. That's all I'll need, if with this MKIII suit.
Spoiler: Done (click to show/hide)
((any other requests?))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17271 on: September 09, 2013, 07:49:42 pm »

((I really truly muchly appreciate that Lenglon ;__;

But I'm also looking at what the AM has to offer :D
Oh right. Forgot to update my s-...I'd love to believe that robots wear clothing because they can and keep their faces visored off because they can, too.))

While listening on, Feyri glanced around the armory..well, pretty much the place outside the kiosk. And then she noted something weird.

Cover nametag too.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 10:09:31 am by Tiruin »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #17272 on: September 09, 2013, 08:12:14 pm »

((I'm making those appearance notes Caellath suggested to me. Pop by to check them out, see me fill them out, chat in the... chat,  make a comment, complain about my failings or even fill out your own if you want to help me. It's in my sig and over here.
Work in progress. I've filled out the user names and some of the characters, tell me if I'm forgetting something.))
((I FILLED IN MINE. STEPHEN HAWKING is now viewable by all.))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17273 on: September 09, 2013, 08:22:32 pm »

((I don't see why robots can't wear clothing.  Humans can go around not wearing clothing, so why not cover up your shiny metal ass?

Also, Brother Lars is up to date.  Easy, since he's avoided any horrible injuries thanks to the Shielding Hands of Algis, so no prosthetics to include.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17274 on: September 09, 2013, 08:25:25 pm »

((I don't see why robots can't wear clothing.  Humans can go around not wearing clothing, so why not cover up your shiny metal ass?

Also, Brother Lars is up to date.  Easy, since he's avoided any horrible injuries thanks to the Shielding Hands of Algis, so no prosthetics to include.))
((I'll never know if you're implying innuendo, positing a philosophical point, or being funny. Which all seems like one big package to me. Go Toaster :D

...And yes Paris, mine is updated.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #17275 on: September 09, 2013, 08:30:23 pm »

((I might be considering getting something to be a bit less conspicuous... oh wait, Faith is on my team. Never mind.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17276 on: September 09, 2013, 08:30:31 pm »

Spoiler: Misc. OOC (click to show/hide)

"Um...I don't think you ever said...you're Miss Feyri, right?"
Craaaaaaa-
The robot shakes its head and raises it by a quarter of an inch--just like someone gesturing with it--before speaking.
Ok, private channel with Grate.
"I can't tell you that. Speak with Lyra. She knows. Don't tell anyone.
"...Please, cheer her up. Keep her safe. She means a lot to me..just like the others."

"Okay...you..."

He then goes to talk to the little boy by crouching to meet eye level.
"Whats your name kiddo?"
"I'm Grate. What's your name?"

"Is everyone on this ship a practiced eavesdropper?" Jim sighed, feeling a bit annoyed now. "I'm not going out to die right away. I just expect to sometime before this revolution is won."
"Please don't die, Mister Jim. Miss Feyri and I would be really sad."

Jim crouched so as not to loom over her, his lower arms helping to support himself while his upper arms rested lightly. "Still don't get it. Anyway, I guess I'll have to keep calling you 'Mouse' until someone who knows tells me your name." He shrugged. "It fits, anyway. Small, quiet... looks like you like to hide. Are you scared of me?"
"She's Lyra, and I think she's asking what makes people valuable, or what it is that makes you specifically valuable, or why you value people or yourself."

Hide my eyes in my knees again before they can see me crying in public.
Grate pats Lyra on the head. He's probably trying to be comforting.

After a moment, Jim withdrew his hand. "...You'll be on the ship while the rest of us are on the mission. Do me a favor and look after Feyri, would you? I just... noticed you're usually with her and she could probably use a friend around."
"I'll help, too!"

To be fair, that was not me, that was the guy with explosive ammo.
"You set stuff on fire, too. And people."

"So that's what happened... I see... just like the last time it happened, I initiated hostilities... *sigh* I suppose apologies are meaningless at this point. I have a feeling it may happen again in the future, my psychosis is unfortunately unpredictable..."
"What si-cost-iss?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17277 on: September 09, 2013, 08:33:24 pm »

"It's a, *sigh* mental disorder."

))
((Charles will try and wear a Mk suit since it at least gives him a greater semblance of humanity. Plus people won't know he's a robot and will try to shoot him in the head.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #17278 on: September 09, 2013, 08:41:16 pm »

((Hey so um....my knife seems to have all its useful aspects geared toward the er...medical profession, which STEPHEN HAWKING may have invented, but still isn't exactly skilled at. Also it is turning him into Hannibal Lector.
So anybody wanna be a MAD DOCTOR??? :P))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17279 on: September 09, 2013, 08:41:36 pm »

"What's your mental disorder?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 1150 1151 [1152] 1153 1154 ... 2101