Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 101

Author Topic: Darkest Dungeon II. Emotionally traumatize some adventurers. Wagon Life.  (Read 210630 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

It summons the whole group. So, yeah, kill the lighter every turn. Make sure you kill it before it gets a turn after the Cannon dies, too - it's got a nasty attack.

Shovels can be annoying, but on the plus side if you find you're not seeing many walls, there are often curios you can use them on to prevent them from hurting you. Graves in the Weald are a favorite - often jam-packed with loot.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile

Caution: Mind-fuck ending ahead
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Did you know that you have to click the shovel in the cave-in screen to use it?  And if you use it, it consumes the shovel to clear the block with no penalty?

Fuck my life.
Hahahaha, I did this forever. I knew something was amiss because he kept explaining that "Without tools of iron, you must rely on flesh and indefatigable purpose," but I had tools of iron and so couldn't figure out the problem.

I too was pissed.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

It summons the whole group. So, yeah, kill the lighter every turn. Make sure you kill it before it gets a turn after the Cannon dies, too - it's got a nasty attack.

Shovels can be annoying, but on the plus side if you find you're not seeing many walls, there are often curios you can use them on to prevent them from hurting you. Graves in the Weald are a favorite - often jam-packed with loot.

are you fucking serious
Shoes...

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The amount of brigands the pounder summons in a turn appears to be random - I just fought it at veteran level and after killing 2 brigands in one turn it only resummoned the lighter the next turn.  Then the turn after that it summoned the lighter and a regular brigand in one go.  I didn't test it further but I assume it's 1d3.

On shovels, for treasure purposes they're great in the Cove, there's two grave-equivalents there and they spawn pretty often.  Barricades seem comparatively rare in Cove too (but that might just be rng at work).

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I was just wondering how did people not realize that you can use the shovel to clear walls for free... then my mind is blown at the concept of being able to dig up a grave. Learn something new every day!
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

My issue with walls was that I knew you could use shovels but it took me several tries to figure out that it's actually by clicking the icon in the pop-up, not like every other damn item in the game where you drag and drop the thing you want to use :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile

The first time i ever found a secret room, i was on a low provision run. I had no keys,but had manage to scavenge 2 of everything else. FML
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!

PARTY WIPE

Sorry, just needed to come complain. Last fight in a "clear all room fights" run had a freaking gigantic boar spear dude who critted me repeatedly. Could've handled almost anything else the dungeon could've thrown at me. My occultist repeatedly healed between 0-4 and caused bleed. Which is especially dangerous when everybody's at death's door. Highwayman constantly got displaced to the front, where he repeatedly missed only attack he could do - the bleed one.

Eventually I was down to highwayman and occultist, which couldn't do anything because he was in the 2nd place from the front. Then the highwayman died the turn before the bleed effect would've taken down the very last enemy.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Compilation of Vinesauce's Vinny streaming Darkest Dungeon.

Some pretty painful moments to be found.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

are you fucking serious
How do people not know? 
You can use various items, like the medicinal herbs(or was it antivenom?) on piles of meat in the blight dungeon.  Holy water on unholy/corrupted looking things and bookcases.  Bandages on sharp-ish looking things.

I havn't loaded this game up in a long time...
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 12:23:49 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile

I have the curio guide from steam in my favorites so I can check it every time.

Also my last runs were quite successful, I'll soon break the brick wall that are veteran runs.

Who want to be named? Zangi's grave robber is still alive.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mehh disappointed with the last dungeon and stupid arbitrary limitation devs put on it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Make love not war

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile

The XP required to level has been reduced in the last update. A lot.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 101