Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1404450 times)

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.04 r1
« Reply #705 on: March 02, 2012, 01:39:31 pm »

TYVM Moogie. Could you give me one more example? What if i wanted to change an area to cave floor or grass/dirt floor what would I input for those 2? I basically want to dig down to a a cave level and mine it out and make the entire level one giant forest underground but once i mine out the rocks the cave grass or whatever never grows back. Again ty for the help. I understand the functions pretty well It's just I don't know what materials I can enter into it.

I've been using the liquids function a lot lately and it works perfectly EXCEPT when you designate an area of obsidian walls to be formed in water. For some reason I can dig down to them and carve staircases but the area I have designated to mine doesnt seem to be a valid area for my dwarves to work on. I really don't think I'm overlooking something but it could be, it took me a while to wrap my head around the stair/floor/carving dynamics

I'm not sure if it will set the appropriate flags for the area to allow tree growth, but try:

paint shape floor [Enter]
paint material grass_dark [Enter] (or soil)

You may also want to try:

paint special wet [Enter] (I don't know if wet will help fertility)

You should end up with: "Paint: Wet Grass_Dark Floor"

When you've setup the brush with these settings, 'k' over your target tile and hit [Enter] again.

I don't have a cave embark right now, but doing this I was able to change quartzite walls into dark subterranean grassy floors.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #706 on: March 02, 2012, 01:49:56 pm »

You may also want to try:

paint special wet [Enter] (I don't know if wet will help fertility)
The "wet" special is only effective for soil floors, and its sole use is to distinguish between regular soil and the "wet" soil you find on beaches.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: March 02, 2012, 11:05:45 pm »

dwarfexport exports to an xml file, but I'm guessing until runesmith works with 34.04 it's pointless?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: March 03, 2012, 12:11:02 am »

Presumably you can use that xml however you want.  A .xml is just a formatted .txt right?  Any suitable program can pick and choose the info off it, or you could read it by hand.

Kregoth

• Bay Watcher
  • I had an army of cats once. guess what happened?
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: March 03, 2012, 02:30:30 am »

Arg! I am having a particular stressful issue, and I would like to confirm if Pre-Embark "Prospect all" is accurate or not? I am discovering that I am finding Flux where Embark says None, I am also seeing prospector not showing a single piece if adamantine ever.

If this has been reported before I am sorry :(
EDIT: I think it prospects a single tile of the highlighted biome in the region square but it most likely isn't where my embark zone is???
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 02:45:37 am by Kregoth »
Your not playing Dwarf Fortress right if you don't see a message saying a Kitten (tame) had died in some horrible manner over and over again.

ag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: March 03, 2012, 04:55:00 am »

Arg! I am having a particular stressful issue, and I would like to confirm if Pre-Embark "Prospect all" is accurate or not?

Pre-embark prospect doesn't know anything at all about: surface erosion, caves, magma sea depth, adamantine, HFS. It cannot possibly give a precise value anyway because vein placement is random and happens at the time of embark, so it can only estimate the order of magnitude (and something as low as 5 tiles can easily become 0). An ordinary vein or layer material it doesn't report at all won't be present. The lowest layer is stretched all the way to the magma sea if it is deep, so materials in it can be severely underreported; or if the sea is very near, the lowest layers might be obliterated.

If no biome is blinking, it reports for the whole selected embark rectangle. Otherwise, it computes for one tile of selected biome; to the extent of our present knowledge, all such tiles are statistically identical. It is impossible to highlight a biome not present in the embark rectangle.

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: March 03, 2012, 05:16:19 am »

Hey guys.

I found DFHack to be an exceptional tool so far.
I would like to know if it can be used to manipulate/remove creatures (in my case a vampiric ghost) in any way?

cprobe gives me some info, but i see no way how i can use it (since runesmith isnt working atm)

cheers!
---=== Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam ===---

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: March 03, 2012, 05:20:39 am »

normally I'd say use liquids to magma the creature, but since this is a ghost, I don't know.

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: March 03, 2012, 05:34:31 am »

normally I'd say use liquids to magma the creature, but since this is a ghost, I don't know.

Oh, i tried that, doesnt work  ;)

Since the ghost doesnt show up on the slab menue (to put him to rest) I need to get rid of him by hacking somehow ...
---=== Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam ===---

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: March 03, 2012, 06:55:36 am »

I'm trying to use Tiletypes to make some Fire Clay for stoneware, rather than use regular clay and earthenware -- the prospect of building my entire fort out of brown is not so appealing.

But... I can't figure it out. paint material FIRE_CLAY does nothing. paint material soil just gives me existing regular clay.

Can't use the vein changer to transmute something into fire clay. Is there another tool I could use? Or am I using Tiletypes wrong?
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

SkulkingFilth

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: March 03, 2012, 08:56:41 am »

I'm also trying to use the tiletypes tool, but to make a sand floor. I can't get it to work. I managed to paint some random soil, using paint material soil, but any attempt to make a sand soil floor was unsuccessful. I'm trying to mess blindly with the variant and special commands but, until now, fruitlessly.

Any idea ?
Thanks.

Goncyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: March 03, 2012, 09:16:50 am »

I just started digging into this tool, and it's great! Thanks! I particularly like the "workflow" command. It takes away a ton of the tedium of keeping a fort running, and for that I love you.  :D

Where does workflow save its list of constraints? I am building some standard ones I want to use in future games, so I want to know how to move them around.

Also, I see people talking about changing the job input items to control what the automated jobs produce. Is there any kind of intro guide to doing that anywhere?

Lastly, is it possible to use workflow to keep a certain number of rock crafts stockpiled? The job produces a variety of items, so I'm not sure how to set up the constraint.

Thanks again!

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #717 on: March 03, 2012, 09:38:13 am »

I'm trying to use Tiletypes to make some Fire Clay for stoneware, rather than use regular clay and earthenware -- the prospect of building my entire fort out of brown is not so appealing.

But... I can't figure it out. paint material FIRE_CLAY does nothing. paint material soil just gives me existing regular clay.
Can't use the vein changer to transmute something into fire clay. Is there another tool I could use? Or am I using Tiletypes wrong?
I'm also trying to use the tiletypes tool, but to make a sand floor. I can't get it to work. I managed to paint some random soil, using paint material soil, but any attempt to make a sand soil floor was unsuccessful. I'm trying to mess blindly with the variant and special commands but, until now, fruitlessly.

Any idea ?
Thanks.

It's the same problem. The tool can only work with tile types, not the materials themselves. In case of layer stones, the material is pulled from the geology of the region. So when the region has a layer of sand, you will have sand when you paint a SOIL tile on that layer. Changing the material would require changing it for the whole region. It's certainly a good idea for a new tool. Layerchange? Maybe! :-)

Oh, i tried that, doesnt work  ;)

Since the ghost doesnt show up on the slab menue (to put him to rest) I need to get rid of him by hacking somehow ...
The tool was there for 31.xx, but wasn't ported to 34.xx. It's likely that it would be much cleaner to fix those ghosts now... (see code here)

ag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: March 03, 2012, 09:41:33 am »

The tool was there for 31.xx, but wasn't ported to 34.xx. It's likely that it would be much cleaner to fix those ghosts now... (see code here)

Could you upload a save with your ghost so we can try finding the best fix for the current version?

EDIT: Is your ghost missing? If not, are you sure it isn't on the slab menu - I've tested with a vampire ghost save from a bug, and it seems that vampires appear by their true names in the list. To be sure, you can try setting a nickname using 'rename unit' in dfhack: unlike the in-game ui, it doesn't care what type of unit it is.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 10:38:26 am by ag »

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: March 03, 2012, 09:42:15 am »

Well... at least I have some sand on this map too, so I can make a fort out of green instead.

Thank you for the answer, and for Hack itself as well!
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 373