Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1403446 times)

celebrinborn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.04 r1
« Reply #780 on: March 07, 2012, 04:17:37 pm »

On the front page it lists df2minecraft as one of the example commands however apparently that command has been disabled. Could you please consider either removing that example or appending something to the effect of "not currently working" next to that example? This would save some people a lot of confusion. Thanks.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #781 on: March 07, 2012, 04:22:02 pm »

On the front page it lists df2minecraft as one of the example commands however apparently that command has been disabled. Could you please consider either removing that example or appending something to the effect of "not currently working" next to that example? This would save some people a lot of confusion. Thanks.
Actually, I fixed it to the point that it runs now. It will be back, with a big red warning sign that you use it at your own risk :)

celebrinborn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: March 07, 2012, 04:26:15 pm »

Actually, I fixed it to the point that it runs now. It will be back, with a big red warning sign that you use it at your own risk :)
SWEET!!! thanks man!
BTW, the original version of DFHack only exports to the indev version of minecraft, will this patched version allow me to generate levels that are compatible with the current version of minecraft or is it still indev only? Thanks

telamon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: March 07, 2012, 05:25:59 pm »

One of the major data structures changed slightly (an extra pointer got added to what we call 'world'), so an updated XML won't be enough.

sounds cool. Thankfully we didn't lose save compatibility, so I will be chillin in 34.04 in the meantime.

quick question: was there ever a command that instakilled a creature in dfhack? I can't remember if this had such a thing, or if runesmith had such a thing, and now I'm just curious.
Playing DF on Windows 98 since.... ?
At 55 frames per minute.

celebrinborn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: March 07, 2012, 05:30:20 pm »

One of the major data structures changed slightly (an extra pointer got added to what we call 'world'), so an updated XML won't be enough.

sounds cool. Thankfully we didn't lose save compatibility, so I will be chillin in 34.04 in the meantime.

quick question: was there ever a command that instakilled a creature in dfhack? I can't remember if this had such a thing, or if runesmith had such a thing, and now I'm just curious.
did you try die?
jk jk (don't try it, it will shut down you game and not save)

Although it isn't instant, I think I've used runesmith to either add the tag can't breath, or having trouble breathing to the creature. It doesn't kill them right away, however it will quickly wind them and often will allow you to get away. Other than that, I don't know

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #785 on: March 07, 2012, 05:34:11 pm »

SWEET!!! thanks man!
BTW, the original version of DFHack only exports to the indev version of minecraft, will this patched version allow me to generate levels that are compatible with the current version of minecraft or is it still indev only? Thanks
indev only, an it's horribly broken. It was written with 40d and 0.31 DF in mind, not really conforming to either, while the understanding of DF's material system was still pretty much minimal. And dfhack changed a lot since then.

Anyway. It will be there, but it needs a rewrite. Badly. When I say 'at your own risk', I really do mean it. Using non-square DF maps = corrupted minecraft map. And some of the tile shapes and materials changed, so what it gets from DFHack is no longer what it expects.

Nameless Archon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: March 07, 2012, 06:17:06 pm »

Don't recall ever seeing one, but using DFliquids to apply magma, or to create obsidian on a spot might work.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #787 on: March 07, 2012, 06:29:09 pm »

Don't recall ever seeing one, but using DFliquids to apply magma, or to create obsidian on a spot might work.
One tile of magma under its feet, one tile of water over its head...

MagmaSolutionsInc

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes elves for their screaming, bubbling noises.
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: March 07, 2012, 07:33:35 pm »

fair enough. thx.
stopped zombie cats from adopting dwarves

... with magma.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #789 on: March 07, 2012, 08:11:54 pm »

fair enough. thx.

BTW. Release is out already. See first post ;)

Includes df2minecraft with an added warning, a new plugin you can use to force creatures to not be 'missing' and some stonesense fixes.

TroZ_shack

• Bay Watcher
  • Narf!
    • View Profile
    • Shacknews
« Reply #790 on: March 07, 2012, 11:49:42 pm »

Anyway. It will be there, but it needs a rewrite. Badly. When I say 'at your own risk', I really do mean it. Using non-square DF maps = corrupted minecraft map. And some of the tile shapes and materials changed, so what it gets from DFHack is no longer what it expects.

Hey, cool!  I'll start taking a look at it tomorrow.  Hopefully I can get it working much better and fix some of the bugs.
I was originally going to try to use a library for writing the minecraft map instead of my own code as a lot has changed in the map format, but the only non-java one that I could find is in C# which probably won't port to Linux that easily. I guess I'll have to figure out how to implement the new region format and update the code.
DF2MC -> Convert DF Maps to Minecraft Levels so you can use Minecraft as a 3D visualizer for Dwarf Fortress
DF2MC - The cause of 15+ head explosions and counting!

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: March 07, 2012, 11:57:26 pm »

Runesmith had a Genocide button that would instantly kill every creature of the race selected and there were two tags for dead and killed that when used together would kill a specific creature, or if unchecked bring them back from the dead.  Only used it to bring companions back as zombies and skeletons, backfired when they attacked me.

Old versions of DfHack had a ressurect function that when used on a living subject had the opposite effect, it killed them, but luckily could still be used if you killed yourself. I used it to try to make myself a ghost then figured out I was using the wrong tool for that, and runesmith wasn't compatable for that version DF.
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.05 r1
« Reply #792 on: March 08, 2012, 12:15:13 am »

That no longer works because there's more that just a dead flag. There are ways to instantly kill somebody, but they are slightly more involved, like draining all his blood, or whatever.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: March 08, 2012, 07:15:57 am »

That no longer works because there's more that just a dead flag. There are ways to instantly kill somebody, but they are slightly more involved, like draining all his blood, or whatever.
shoot and here I thought I could revive souls by turning off the dead, killed flags once Dfusion/runesmith comes out.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: March 08, 2012, 07:25:45 am »

Yeah, you also will have to heal all his wounds and so on, which is more involved.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 373