Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1404452 times)

kingubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.07 r1
« Reply #1170 on: April 02, 2012, 07:07:03 am »

If it takes over the terminal in TEXT mode, then that's a bug. Does it?

Yes, all I get in the console when I run ./dfhack is "DFHack is ready.  Have a nice day!" etc.

I can hear the game running the opening movies and the menu music.  Can't see the opening menu.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: April 02, 2012, 02:37:44 pm »

I can't remember if I ever said thanks, for making this great tool.

So... Thanks!
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

BigFatStupidHead

• Bay Watcher
  • obscure to the point of being cryptic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: April 02, 2012, 03:08:54 pm »

I think autolabor is assigning labours to active military dwarves. This might be a problem in fortresses with an extremely large proportion of active military to civilians, where most of the civilians have been auto assigned to tasks such as mining while hauling tasks need to be done. (My current fort matches this description; there is a large excavation occuring and noone is assigned hauling to take food from the depot, or dump the rotten food in the depot. The military has had hauling labours auto assigned to them.)

shadus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: April 02, 2012, 05:57:30 pm »

I have a few points of feedback on autolabor as well:
1) should be an option for medical tasks being changeable, it keeps switching on and off medical tasks on my medical dwarves (especially my chief medical dorf)... this is "really bad(tm)".
2) some tasks are never getting done... ever because of how rapidly it changes tasks, seems to be primarily an issue with tasks that require specialized tools, specifically woodcutting in my case.  I've had a tree for 3 seasons marked to be cut and it wasn't done.  a single tree on the entire map (was in the way of a wall.) I often see someone assigned to wood cutting but it never gets cut.  I finally said screw it and turned off autolabor and assigned everyone to woodcutting and it was cut in 5s. then turned autolabor back on.
3) it's assigning ~way~ more miners than i have it set for (5)... currently has 9 assigned to mining.
4) needs to be a way to exclude certain people from being messed with period... like my broker... and chief med dorf.
5) needs to be an option to exclude military dwarves from active labors... not an issue with current fort but will be with larger one when i separate civvies from military entirely.
6) weighting for certain jobs needs adjusted... gemcutting, gemsetting, architecture, etc... i really only EVER want ONE dwarf doing them for the most part because they take so much work to raise, yes... i have a job queued for cutting stones but that doesn't mean its not better to wait for the skilled dwarf to go off break.
7) with changes to animal training my dogs don't seem to be getting trained because of rapid job changing.
Really neat program though!  Hope it sees a lot more development!

« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 06:00:18 pm by shadus »

quintilius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: April 02, 2012, 06:14:46 pm »

thanking whoever was responsible for tweak clear ghostly... toady's 07 ghost fix did not fix caravan guards, and this is the only way to clear them.
So far - i havent had any weird issues like them returning etc (i've had to clear 2 so far) - so this tweak has been the only reason i've continued my current fort

telamon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: April 02, 2012, 09:16:02 pm »

quick question - DFhack has no way to edit the stagnant flag on a given tile, does it? I checked tiletypes but it doesn't seem to be one of the special painting options. stupid stagnant water.... the last time I played a fortress through to the stage of building an advanced well, it was way back in early 0.31.xx where this crazy stagnation plague wasn't in effect >_>
Playing DF on Windows 98 since.... ?
At 55 frames per minute.

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: April 03, 2012, 12:03:47 am »

You can use the liquids tool to clear the stagnation flag. (probably also tiletypes as well)

telamon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: April 03, 2012, 12:15:52 am »

Ahh, so that's where wclean was! I thought it was its own command; I was accustomed to the liquids commands from 0.31.xx so I didn't know there were new ones. Thanks!
Playing DF on Windows 98 since.... ?
At 55 frames per minute.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: April 03, 2012, 12:25:20 am »

Is there a fix for embark anywhere with Dfusion it just crashes DF when I use it?
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

BigFatStupidHead

• Bay Watcher
  • obscure to the point of being cryptic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: April 03, 2012, 12:34:48 am »

I have also found running prospect on the embark map several times causes the dfhack window to become very slow until after I restart DF.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: April 03, 2012, 12:47:03 am »

Is there a fix for embark anywhere with Dfusion it just crashes DF when I use it?
you could use the original non dfhack dfusion for 34.xx still works if you just use embark anywhere.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

bigstuuu

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: April 03, 2012, 12:18:53 pm »

When I try and run DFHack 0.34.04 on ubuntu 11.10 i'll get:

Code: [Select]
ERROR: ld.so: object './hack/libdfhack.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
Sound devices available:
PulseAudio Default
ALSA Default
No Output
Picking PulseAudio Default. If your desired device was missing, make sure you have the appropriate 32-bit libraries installed. If you wanted a different device, configure ~/.openalrc appropriately.
Perfect OpenAL context attributes GET
Loading bindings from data/init/interface.txt
New window size: 640x300
Font size: 8x12
Resizing grid to 80x25
Resizing font to 8x12
Picked font at 9 points for ceiling 12

Resetting textures
^CResizing font to 8x12
Picked font at 9 points for ceiling 12

and it will never get to the 'Welcome to DFHack' stage. Dwarf Fortress itself will load up normally. Anyone got any ideas whats going on?

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1182 on: April 03, 2012, 01:26:59 pm »

Is there anything in stderr.log?

bigstuuu

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: April 03, 2012, 02:52:19 pm »

Is there anything in stderr.log?

stderr.log contains the following, after booting DF and loading a game:

Code: [Select]
dfhack: hooking successful
Identifying DF version.
Loading hack/symbols.xml ... OK
Dummy symbol table entry: announcements
Dummy symbol table entry: announcements
Loaded 4 DF symbol tables.
Unable to retrieve version information.
File: /proc/self/exe
MD5: f4fc83475f9fdaa645f3217c57458235
working dir: /home/stu/desura/common/dwarf-fortress
length:14104364
1KB hexdump follows:

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: April 03, 2012, 03:13:36 pm »

thanking whoever was responsible for tweak clear ghostly... toady's 07 ghost fix did not fix caravan guards, and this is the only way to clear them.
So far - i havent had any weird issues like them returning etc (i've had to clear 2 so far) - so this tweak has been the only reason i've continued my current fort

Glad the tweak helped you and please report back if anything weird happens in your fort in the future (I kinda suspected ghosts coming back etc, cool that they don't). And please report your problem with the deceased caravan guard(s) on Mantis because not everybody uses dfhack and it seems Toady missed to fix that special issue.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 373