Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1404526 times)

ag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r3
« Reply #4020 on: June 13, 2013, 01:52:10 am »

If this works on smooth constructed walls, it would allow multiplying rare stone.  Not sure whether that matters.  Also, it probably could only work on constructions made of rock materials.

There may be a way to at least delete the actual items used in the constructions, because Quietust found that worldgen constructions use a special flag that makes the game create the item on deconstruction, instead of creating all the items beforehand like with normal ones. Thus, deleting the items while simultaneously setting the flags shouldn't affect the resulting gameplay behavior.

And yes, turning constructions into map tiles can only work with rock, because they would have to be turned into mineral veins in order to preserve the material.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 01:53:52 am by ag »

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4021 on: June 13, 2013, 04:21:01 am »

Would it be possible to do a script which would turn constructions into rock? Games with a lot of constructed buildings get sluggish, and I expect they would work better if they had a few thousand stone blocks that were used to build the dwarven city be turned into natural rock formation and the items deleted. Just a thought, I have no idea how this would work out or if it would affect pathing, temperature, indoor, outdoor and stuff. But it would be a neat way to clean up the fort.

If this works on smooth constructed walls, it would allow multiplying rare stone.  Not sure whether that matters.  Also, it probably could only work on constructions made of rock materials.

Digging a tile as a 1/4 probability of giving you a stone. A stone can be turned into 4 blocks. 4 blocks can make 4 walls. You can do a random walk with the number of resources you have, but you can't reliably use this to gain resources.

On the other hand, gems and adamantine always drop stones, so just making it so you can't reconstruct gem tiles or adamantine tiles would prevent cheating.

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4022 on: June 13, 2013, 04:48:01 am »

Would it be possible to do a script which would turn constructions into rock? Games with a lot of constructed buildings get sluggish, and I expect they would work better if they had a few thousand stone blocks that were used to build the dwarven city be turned into natural rock formation and the items deleted. Just a thought, I have no idea how this would work out or if it would affect pathing, temperature, indoor, outdoor and stuff. But it would be a neat way to clean up the fort.

Digging a tile as a 1/4 probability of giving you a stone. A stone can be turned into 4 blocks. 4 blocks can make 4 walls. You can do a random walk with the number of resources you have, but you can't reliably use this to gain resources.

On the other hand, gems and adamantine always drop stones, so just making it so you can't reconstruct gem tiles or adamantine tiles would prevent cheating.

All small clusters always drop stones.  I forget whether there are any small cluster stones in vanilla, but there definitely are in Masterwork.  The script should ignore blocks made of any small cluster material (as well as adamantine and non-stone materials).  Reconstructing adamantine or small cluster tiles with uncut stone would be fine, since you'd only get back what you put in.

Although, that feature could be used to turn all of your floors to adamantine for extremely valuable rooms... not that room value is in short supply very often.  Constructed walls also do something screwy with the floor, but it's more localized (that is, the resulting floor material has to be native to the layer).
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4023 on: June 13, 2013, 04:59:48 am »

All small clusters always drop stones. I forget whether there are any small cluster stones in vanilla, but there definitely are in Masterwork.

No, they don't. Only stones with IS_GEM tag have a 100% droprate. There's like twenty minor minerals that only occur in small, <9 tile clusters. Graphite and brimstone and hornblende and chromite and borax and rutile and orpiment and realgar and and and and and.

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4024 on: June 13, 2013, 05:19:01 am »

All small clusters always drop stones. I forget whether there are any small cluster stones in vanilla, but there definitely are in Masterwork.

No, they don't. Only stones with IS_GEM tag have a 100% droprate. There's like twenty minor minerals that only occur in small, <9 tile clusters. Graphite and brimstone and hornblende and chromite and borax and rutile and orpiment and realgar and and and and and.

Hmm... Wolframite in Masterwork Mod has a 100% droprate, but I don't see any [IS_GEM] tag in the raws.  There is a [SPECIAL] tag, if that matters.

This is it:

Code: [Select]
[INORGANIC:WOLFRAMITE]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:wolframite][DISPLAY_COLOR:7:0:1][TILE:138]
[ENVIRONMENT_SPEC:GRANITE:CLUSTER_SMALL:75]
[ENVIRONMENT:IGNEOUS_ALL:CLUSTER_SMALL:75]
[ENVIRONMENT:METAMORPHIC:CLUSTER_SMALL:100]
[SOLID_DENSITY:2307]
[IS_STONE]
[MELTING_POINT:12457][MAX_EDGE:10000]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:15]
[REACTION_CLASS:WOLFRAM]
[SPECIAL]

...and that stuff has a 100% droprate.

EDIT: From the wiki:

When the wall-part is removed from a stone tile, there is a 25% chance that a single stone (also known as a boulder) will be left behind. The same applies to most ores. Any minerals that are found in small clusters have a 100% chance of leaving a stone or rough gem behind (and so does raw adamantine).

Not entirely sure whether "minerals" includes junk like hornblende or not, but it apparently includes wolframite (which isn't smeltable - it uses a custom reaction to get the bars instead), and for it to be based on whether the stone is economic or not would be rather strange.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 05:27:28 am by Brilliand »
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

crossmr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jeonsa
« Reply #4025 on: June 13, 2013, 05:38:19 am »

Yes, there are restrictions.

Is there anyway to further mod these made-owned dwarves to make them behave like a normal dwarf?

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4026 on: June 13, 2013, 05:56:58 am »

Hmm... Wolframite in Masterwork Mod has a 100% droprate, but I don't see any [IS_GEM] tag in the raws.  There is a [SPECIAL] tag, if that matters.

Oops, that's right. Adamantine (DEEP_SPECIAL) and gems both have a 100% droprate. The cluster shape or size still has no effect, though.

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4027 on: June 13, 2013, 11:25:27 am »

Oops, that's right. Adamantine (DEEP_SPECIAL) and gems both have a 100% droprate. The cluster shape or size still has no effect, though.

Uh... this is just [SPECIAL], not [DEEP_SPECIAL].

You're claiming the wiki is wrong (and none of the usual sources of wiki wrongness seem to apply).  I think you're going to have to provide something much stronger than your word on the matter.  Really, only tests with screenshots could overcome that hurdle.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 11:27:44 am by Brilliand »

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4028 on: June 13, 2013, 11:40:29 am »

...huh. I just tested it out myself in an old fort of mine (with red tourmalines and saltpeter) and what do you know, I was wrong. Maximum saltpeter droprate from like three separate deposits, just like the tourmalines.

I could've sworn up and down that non-gem small deposit stuff like hornblende acted just like ordinary stone. I'll go wipe this egg from my face.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #4029 on: June 13, 2013, 07:04:12 pm »

Uh... this is just [SPECIAL], not [DEEP_SPECIAL].

You're claiming the wiki is wrong (and none of the usual sources of wiki wrongness seem to apply).  I think you're going to have to provide something much stronger than your word on the matter.  Really, only tests with screenshots could overcome that hurdle.
Technically, DEEP_SPECIAL implies SPECIAL (i.e. setting the former is the same as setting both), so it's possible that it's actually the latter which forces 100% drop rate.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4030 on: June 13, 2013, 07:26:32 pm »

Though we've established that it's actually CLUSTER_SMALL and CLUSTER_ONE that cause the 100% drop rate, and that [SPECIAL] may have nothing to do with it at all ([DEEP_SPECIAL] probably does, though)

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4031 on: June 13, 2013, 08:00:42 pm »

Is there any way in DFHack to write a script that can take 2+ cursor inputs from the user? I want to do something where the user has to select two creatures, and then the script performs a certain operation regarding those two creatures.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4032 on: June 13, 2013, 08:08:37 pm »

Is there any way in DFHack to write a script that can take 2+ cursor inputs from the user? I want to do something where the user has to select two creatures, and then the script performs a certain operation regarding those two creatures.
there's a way to set it up where dfhack will wait for an imput via "getline" and you can realign the cursor to another unit.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #4033 on: June 13, 2013, 08:26:34 pm »

Though we've established that it's actually CLUSTER_SMALL and CLUSTER_ONE that cause the 100% drop rate, and that [SPECIAL] may have nothing to do with it at all ([DEEP_SPECIAL] probably does, though)
I've just located the code, and it looks to work something like this:
1. If it's a small cluster or single-tile inclusion, it always drops a stone
2. If it's a vein, it has a 1/3 chance to drop a stone
3. If it's a large cluster, it has a 1/4 chance to drop a stone
4. If it's not part of a mineral inclusion (e.g. layer stone or feature stone), it has a 1/4 chance to drop a stone
5. If it's made of a DEEP_SPECIAL or DEEP_SURFACE material (in case your DEEP_SURFACE material is diggable), then it becomes a 100% chance to drop a stone.
6. If it's made of a SOIL material, then it becomes a 0% chance to drop a stone.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4034 on: June 13, 2013, 09:14:58 pm »

there's a way to set it up where dfhack will wait for an imput via "getline" and you can realign the cursor to another unit.

I get an error about an "attempt to call global 'getline' (a nil value)" and something about main chunk tail calls.

Looking at sample script here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=93317.msg3625175#msg3625175
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 373