Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 62

Author Topic: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord  (Read 105549 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord
« Reply #435 on: April 04, 2020, 02:29:03 pm »

Git gud. Jk,

but I stepped back into Multiplayer now that I could actually play and spent a few minutes on an NA server and...

the "modernization" is both obvious and terrible. I feel like half the fun of Warband's MP was selecting equipment! Sure there was some classes, but it pretty much boiled down do you want to be vaguely ranged, vaguely melee, or vaguely cav? Now it's just... ugh it reminds of FPS classes and I hate it. Everyone looks the same in game and the lack of variety is frustrating.

the combat itself is still pretty good, obviously--again the lack of variety deadens things a bit methinks. Seems a bit laggier than Warband, but I'll give that a pass for now.

I'll need to play a few more matches before I can really give it a thumbs up or down. Although, honestly Mordhau is way better--heck I even considered just booting up Warband to compare.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: April 04, 2020, 02:35:07 pm »

honestly for online melee combat, mordhau is leagues better. but for teamplay, bannerlords siege mode is better. i already saw teammates form a shield wall to defend the guys pushing a ram to the gates. i already saw combat lines and spear guys poking over their teammates shield wall. in mordhau, however, i saw a shirtless memepeasant throw firebombs into an objective his teammates have already taken from an enemy group and the peasant racked up 5 teamkills. ive also seen the rare time a group of engis would work together to fortify a point with walls and spikes.

which ones better? different tastes for different times, methinks.

edit: i actually think the class thing was to promote teamplay; archers can't take super good armor and melee weapons, so they need melee guys up front and melee people cant get more than throwing spears/axes, so they need archer coverfire. clever but yeah, restricting.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 02:42:28 pm by JimboM12 »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: April 04, 2020, 02:40:49 pm »

Good point, also I'm gonna point out that Bannerlord somehow has a much lower TTK than Mordhau--I'm mid match literally one-shotting people left and right.

EDIT: Also there's no siege server in my timezone for some reason :)
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: April 04, 2020, 03:48:56 pm »

I don't understand why multiplayer is a separate program from singleplayer, I lament the ability to have a character name different from my profile name, and the fact that you can no longer go completely naked except for the killiest two-hander your faction has as a terrible design choice.

Also smithing stamina is a horrible mechanic and I'll praise any mod that removes it. That is all.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 03:55:46 pm by Blastbeard »
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: April 04, 2020, 04:00:28 pm »

I don't understand why multiplayer is a separate program from singleplayer, I lament the ability to have a character name seperate from my profile name, and the fact that you can no longer go completely naked except for the killiest two-hander your faction has as a terrible design choice.

Also smithing stamina is a horrible mechanic and I'll praise any mod that removes it. That is all.

i like the seperation, the two sides of the same game require different mindsets. i cant speak to the character customization except for the fact it's fostered more teamwork than ive seen in a while, which brings me great joy. i love seeing a shield wall come about on its own without anyone shouting for everyone to join them.

and yeah, smithing stamina sucks. its already a costly endeavor to level up. so using that mod i posted earlier, which sets crafting stamina costs to 0, i spammed making charcoal using the improved ratio recipe cuz you will need a lot of charcoal to smelt all those leftover axes and swords youve looted. its working fine and you can even get some profit out of it if you bought the hardwood cheaply and offloaded the resulting iron or even charcoal to the right market.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: April 04, 2020, 05:07:06 pm »

It'd be fine to me if you just got about twice as much. All I want to do is make enough fuel to breakdown the crap in my inventory, but after 4 weapons or so, yer done son. Not being able to centralize those skill ups annoys me. I get why they did it, it's just too aggressive.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: April 04, 2020, 05:17:42 pm »

Given the timescales in the game it kind of makes sense - simulating the time it takes to smith, I guess - but doing it that way is odd.

Splitting the smelting and refining up between companions helps a bit, though you'll obviously skill up slower that way.

(Click the portrait in the lower left to switch characters)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: April 04, 2020, 05:34:49 pm »

There are multiple mods that remove it and/or allow you to adjust it in various ways that can result in it being removed.

I'm running three mods right now. A mod that enables automatic block direction, a mod that adds an automatic trade button to cities (it isn't amazing, manual trading is better), and "Bannerlord Tweaks" a mod that makes a lot of little things better, including smithing stamina (I edited the config to turn it all the way off though).
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 05:37:49 pm by milo christiansen »
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: April 04, 2020, 05:51:03 pm »

Where are you finding mods?
Love, scriver~

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: April 04, 2020, 07:44:11 pm »

Given the timescales in the game it kind of makes sense - simulating the time it takes to smith, I guess - but doing it that way is odd.
Splitting the smelting and refining up between companions helps a bit, though you'll obviously skill up slower that way.
(Click the portrait in the lower left to switch characters)

My only objection is that Stamina does not regenerate while traveling. You literally have to sit inside a town and let time pass to regain smithing stamina.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: April 04, 2020, 08:30:24 pm »

On Nexus of course. They have mods for everything.

My only objection is that Stamina does not regenerate while traveling. You literally have to sit inside a town and let time pass to regain smithing stamina.

If smithing stamina regenerated while traveling I would be fine with it.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 08:32:14 pm by milo christiansen »
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: April 04, 2020, 09:30:48 pm »

That's why I'm guessing it's meant to be 'time spent forging' - makes you sit in town to simulate the time you spend using their forge. Of course, in practice it's more like some sort of replicatatron that spits things out then needs to recharge (while you hand-crank or something, I don't know)... hence why it's odd like that.

From an 'actually playing the game' perspective, I agree it's not fun as-is.

Nexus is where I've gone. There's probably better places, though.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: April 04, 2020, 09:59:18 pm »

Small feature I just found. Maybe it was in Warband or earlier, I dunno.

Double tapping forward while mounted makes your mount jump forward into a light trot. Great if you need to get going in a hurry. Repeatedly tapping forwards gets your mount up to a gallop quicker than just holding it down. Likewise, double tapping backwards makes your horse brake hard. It won't bring them to a complete stop, but again, is faster than holding back, and can help you turn in sharper arc, faster, from a gallop.

Has really made a difference for my horse archer gameplay.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: April 04, 2020, 10:01:49 pm »

I would be more okay with smithing stamina if the time went by automatically, preferably without even leaving the menu.

On Nexus of course. They have mods for everything.

Nexus is where I've gone. There's probably better places, though.

Thanks! I assumed it was too early to be a nexus but I see I was wrong ;)
Love, scriver~

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: April 04, 2020, 10:20:13 pm »

Thanks! I assumed it was too early to be a nexus but I see I was wrong ;)

Never underestimate the power of human ingenuity/impatience. Certain communities I monitor for purely educational purposes have had interest in nude mods for bannerlord since at least a day before release. Long story short, some madlad worked with a beta build until they cajoled the underwear off the female model, a mad dash to add nipples and lady bits ensued, but the whole thing ended in the surprisingly restrained consensus of "wait for a more stable version".
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 62