Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Best trolls you pulled off in Minecraft  (Read 31093 times)

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
Best trolls you pulled off in Minecraft
« on: June 25, 2013, 10:35:21 pm »

I want to know what the best trolls you ever pulled off in Minecraft are.

Spoiler: Mine (click to show/hide)
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
Re: Best trolls you pulled off in Minecraft
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 10:41:01 pm »

I turned some guys massive base into a forest one night, it was large and complicated, and had a lot of loot. I took every single block, placed smooth stone, iron ore, dirt, planted and grew trees. The works, everything. He logged on a few hours later utterly livid and wondering what happened to his place. Admins were confounded.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 10:43:15 pm »

There was that time Twi set up a pressure plate to play a server wide announcement whenever it twas stepped upon. But then it got stepped on so much that he fenced it off because it was driving him crazy.

So then I spawned a slime on top of it when he was afk.
It's FEF, not FEOF

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 07:52:44 am »

The admin of a server that I used to play on absolutely hated MLP. Not like "It irritates me", but a livid-with-rage kind of hatred. So as a send-off when I finally found a better server that had enough people to play with, I spent a night covering the inside and outside walls of his fortress with signs with the theme song's lyrics, quotes from the show and variations on "MLP Rules!". I don't even like the show that much (anymore), I just knew it would irritate him to no end. I wish I could have seen his reaction :P

Also, on a friend's server, I built a cobble generator under the front wall of his house and wired it to his door switch.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 07:55:23 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 08:04:31 am »

I just walked around with a bucket of lava, standing nearby people and not saying anything, with my skin set to look like a tuxedo.  I got banned pretty quickly.  It was just some public server.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 08:25:34 am »

minecraft mobster?

it's not what you do, it's what you might do!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2013, 10:34:48 am »

Wired up a pressure switch just inside a friends' door to a chain of four monster spawners using the Soul Shards mod; dropping six of four different type of mobs every time someone came through the door, right on top of their heads. xD All told, it took them more than three hours to find a way to get to the roof to disable the soul cages. Mwhahahaha.

PS: I forgot to mention that I had surrounded the spawner cages with warded stone; so it took them a couple of nukes to remove them.  8)
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

Kydrasz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2013, 11:13:19 am »

I once built a slender reserve over where my friend logged off. Complete with lots of trees, flat area, and ridiculously dark. The first thing he saw when he logged on was a sign that said, "Collect all 8 pages." His reaction was along the lines of, "Yeah I'm on the wrong server, let's log off."
Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Spoiler: Inspirational words (click to show/hide)

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2013, 12:57:35 pm »

Off topic (but epic enough :P):

I was part of an MMO forum well known for trolling and hating all MMOs. So, a couple (a female and a male) that was engaged to each always trolled everyone and were asses. A perfect match I guess, since they both were douches. So when I "found out" that one was a female...I used a few words as a joke. "OMG A FEMALE ON THE INTERNET!!! A/S/L????"...yup that is it. I then left the thread and didn't bother looking at it. A month later, I found out the female started screaming (through text, but probably in real life too) and flaming me hardcore. Dunno what she said, but her fiance joined her. The guy was banned for a year, female was perma banned. I then also found out that because I trolled her so hard (even though it was a joke), the pre-marriage ended and they split up because of me and had a huge in real life fight. All because I said OMG A FEMALE.

Needless to say, I still laugh lol.

Now for a on topic post.

One of my friends (he lives in Europe, I'm in US...so time difference)...and I were playing on a multiplayer server that didn't have zones that people could own. So you could go anywhere and troll anyone, even though for some reason it was against the server rules. In fact, the admin had no mods on this server...it was just plain minecraft. He said he didn't know how to add mods to his server. Which was rather dumb or maybe he just didn't want them or something. So seeing that me and him were gonna move on, we waited for him to log out for the night. We made a lot of iron buckets, and put lava all over the place. We kept having to go to the lava layer to get it, so it was quite time consuming. But we must have spent like 3 hours gathering lava and putting it everywhere. Dunno whatever came of that, but a few days later the admin took the server down lol.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2013, 02:48:02 pm »

It was a faction server, and I found a hideout in a hole. Put a pressure plate so that the next person going in would explode with tons of TNT. Also, claimed the main chunck of another faction's town, where they had put all their ressources. We used said ressources to produce so much TNT the whole town dissapeared. The faction world closed soon after, cause our faction (and one allied faction) just made everyone rage. It was only one world of the server though.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2013, 04:18:47 pm »

On our house server, my girlfriend and I started on a little island and formed our towns in different parts of it. I was expanding pretty quickly, and decided I was going to lay claim as King of the Island.

While I was at work one night, she dismantled her entire village block by block, including the roads, and rebuilt it exactly on the other side of the ocean.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2013, 04:25:21 pm »

The one time I played online with my cousin, I dug up a bunch of ore... and gave it to him!

Classic. He never saw it coming.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2013, 04:38:43 pm »

One time my brother completely covered his friend's house in a dome of dirt creating a new island.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2013, 05:57:59 pm »

I dug out a large chamber underneath my friends house just short of his mine and built a statute of Herobrine and had a temple built into it.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

LuckyNinja

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Mr. Squiffy || AKA LuminiferousPen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2013, 06:22:00 pm »

Ohhh, back in the early days of client-sided inventory, boy did I have some fun trolling/griefing on servers. My crowning moment was one that took a week to set up, and six hours to pull off.

There was a server populated by douches. Talented douches, but douches nonetheless. They were a pretty strict community, very harsh to players until you were whitelisted, which often took up to a week. I persevered, if only for the fact that my friend was already with them and helped me circumnavigate most of the blocks placed on me. Soon after I was whitelisted, however, he was banned by the god-complex admin, over a pitifully petty argument, and lo were the seeds of revenge sewn.

Temple Cliff, the main building project of the server, the summation of two month's work. A sprawling city over cobblestone avenues illuminated by streetlights, majestic mansions and taverns and towers. Interweaving patterns of iron and gold lined the murals, as flowers adorned the streets. Above it all, upon its namesake cliff, sat 'The Temple', the admin's glorious monument to himself. A towering citadel set against the rising sun, its silhouette against the rising sun many a first-timer's welcoming sight to the server.

Naturally, this all had to go.

So I spent a week, week and a half maybe. I recorded who was on at what time and when, who was building what and where. When the admin was on, when the least number of the Moderator cohorts were roaming about. When the server saved, and how often. An innocent question here, a little exploring there. All the while building my own project to alleviate the inevitable suspicion that would befall me once my plan had been realised.

I found it.

At 1200 GMT, every day, the server saved its single backup. On a weekday, the players usually didn't hit until after 1600 (work & school I assumed). Heavy snowing the previous night, a snow day for my school was a guarantee. So I slept earlier that night, and woke up in the wee hours of the morning. I logged on to the server, and began the long task of casting down this digital Jericho.

I acquired TNT. And a lot of it.

Gunpowder, treason and plot. With those words I carved a labyrinthine maze beneath the city, a network of tunnels below the foundations. Below each building I carved out a massive hole, and filled each with scores of TNT. One errant click, one accidentally-set block, and the whole plan would blow up, so to speak. It was a good five hours when the final pit of TNT had been filled. Then I began connecting them. The maze became a giant fuse, a block of TNT every four spaces to ensure they didn't fly off when detonated. Another hour passed at least before I was done connecting them, and then I carved the final tunnel: the primary ignition. Far away from the city, and the Temple, it was the final piece in this plan, the 'kill-all' switch. 1130, the time till execution was still a half-hour away, so I bided my time, and watched as trickles of other players began to enter the server.

With 10 minutes to go, I ran to the Temple, and spawning some obsidian, covered the place in the stuff. I retreated back to the primary ignition hole. I needed to draw the others to the hill, too see their kingdom fall, see their arrogance that was built in iron and stone fall.

"Someone's griefed the temple, there's obsidian EVERYWHERE."

Like locusts the other players swarmed in, removing the obsidian before the wrath of the yet-to-emerge admin could befall them.

I hit the first block of TNT, and ran to the Temple.

A steady monotonous beat. *boom*....*boom*...*boom*...

Nothing. The server chat remained full of the ramblings to each other. I had failed. Somewhere the TNT had failed to detonate, was too far away. It was too risky to rebuild the tunnel, someone might notice me running off again, someone might-

"HOLY FUCK THE CITY'S EXPLODING".

Like the calm before the storm, there was but a deathly silence.

Then came the downpour.

They rushed out of the Temple, screaming disbelief until, as they reached the edge of that lofty cliff, saw their buildings fall under smoke and flying TNT. Some were in disbelief, or maybe reluctant acceptance as their buildings turned to ash, while some desperately tried to save their creations, charging off into the hellish ruins. It was all in vain. The chat was a torrent of accusations and rants and complaints, until someone mentioned that the server had a backup.

They needn't worry, they can just get the admin to revert to the previous day, their work will be safe, their precious city saved-

*SERVER BACK-UP COMPLETED*

Silenced reigned in the court of this ruined kingdom, save for a solitary "fuck".

Two months of their work, now but a pockmarked landscape. They left en masse, their rage palpable across the internet, while others, like vultures, picked through the remains for anything of value. One by one, even these scavengers logged off, never to return.

As the last one left, the sun began to set, casting its dusky glow one final time over the ruins.

Then for shits and giggles I stuck a phallus made of bedrock on the front of the Temple, and made a stream of lava come out of the tip.

TLDR: Successfully re-enacted the gunpowder plot on server full of douches
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 04:46:57 pm by LuckyNinja »
Steam page!

Also know as 'Mr. Squiffy'
On Reddit as LuminiferousPen!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9