Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 112

Author Topic: Smster W/ Love - Game Over  (Read 212002 times)

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - Day 1 - Class Selection
« Reply #720 on: January 30, 2014, 12:06:30 am »

Nerp. Yes, that was addressed to wolf, sorry.

Say, Walnuts, do you sparkle in the sun, or burst into flames like a proper bloodsucker? Do we need to call in Blade, or will you just angst to death?
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: January 30, 2014, 12:16:15 am »

Ya know, something else just occurred to me. What the heck does this part mean?

In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: January 30, 2014, 12:17:14 am »

Ya know, something else just occurred to me. What the heck does this part mean?

I've been wondering that too.  I'm sure it is related, but we aren't selecting our classes, we're in history class.  Even in a more vague sense, we didn't select our roles.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: January 30, 2014, 12:20:16 am »

I've also been kinda confused on that. It doesn't really make any sense.

Webadict: What is the "Class selection" bit about?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: January 30, 2014, 12:23:26 am »

... you realize that questioning the mod has gotten us nowhere, right?

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: January 30, 2014, 12:24:16 am »

Well, at least it's consistent... :o

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: January 30, 2014, 12:33:57 am »

Looks like you're the winner of the one free question.

I messed it up. It should read Class Slction.

My bad.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - Day 1 - Class Slction
« Reply #727 on: January 30, 2014, 12:41:43 am »

Every non-mod: does anyone have a firm idea of what their wincon is, because I have no idea.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: January 30, 2014, 01:52:58 am »

-snip-
Nothing personal, Tiruin, I will likely do this to everyone given time.
That's the most recent notes. You like poking at recent notes. Without getting that I take pronouns seriously. :I
My apologies if that sounded harsh, you asked for a few examples and I provided them.  Should more examples be required, I can provide them.
You'll never understand. And sure, more examples other than recent notes. Which was just noted afterwards that happened. <_<

My suspicion on you rises by 1d6.

Yeah I'm playing that nerd-stereotype out thing straight, because as y'all got nice references to famous modern media, I got fluff and cheese. :I
Anwhoo~
What you did say about me saying those irrelevancies contradicts...what you defended me against NQT earlier-about my attentiveness...

I'm not getting what meanings you're putting in your terminology though.

Looks like you're the winner of the one free question.

I messed it up. It should read Class Slction.

My bad.
I believe its in the historical basis of Class--castes, so to speak. Here, we're segregating and classifying each other according to stuff'n'stuff.

However, the 'selection' part bugs me. 'Select' being the root word...erh.

Mr. Mozarella
Ok, I've been thinking on this quite a bit, (this is about the wincons). I think I know my wincon. Mine seems to be the defeat of Evil. NOW. Go back to the OP, and see my (the inquisitor's) flavor, it says he "doesn't follow your rules".
Think about for a second.
My rules for this game are not the same as your rules.
Why?
Because I have a normal wincon! I need to defeat the scum, like a normal freaking game!
That means you guys don't.
Do you see what I'm getting at here?
That means that you guys don't need to actually vote anyone in order to win, because your wincons don't require anyone to be voted out or otherwise eliminated. And it seems to me that at least a few of you have this whole "love" thing (whatever that's supposed to mean) as your wincons, and I don't think that voting people would have anything to do with that.
I think we need to focus on everyone's suggested wincons, and seeing how we can get the most of them complete.
(I was going to write up a brief summery of what seems like suggested wincons for everyone, when I realized I forgot most of them.)
I know Cado needs to find love, does someone of the opposite gender also need that? If so, how do we make that happen?
Quite frankly, my wincon seems to need 3 people gone. That would likely equate to 3 people who can't complete their own wincons, and I don't want to be greedy, so I'm fine with not smiting evil right now.

I would vote for a no-lynch, but people seem to be against that.

NQT seems to be pressing for a KILL SCUM NAO tactic, and I don't like it, particularly when you take into account his whole IF I DIE YOU ALL SO SCREWED YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW thing. I don't like it.
Leafsnail seems to be pressing for a KILL NQT NOW thing. I also don't like this. But he makes some points that I can kinda agree with.
Tiruin seems to have no wincon, at least not one that is identifiable. Although you also go up in levels, apparently. Do you know how to level up? This is most likely related to your hidden wincon.
That's actually the name of my ability (with roots in the name so...)-which doesn't make sense in that said ability works just like it normally works!
And everything else is fulff! Fulff!
I mean really-the best I can infer is to stick t-..

Guys, I believe the Not Evil already has an (implied) wincon. What do Not-Evil people do when a meteor--or a danger presents itself?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: January 30, 2014, 04:45:01 am »

I do not like how Caz disappears just to vote NQT, because Rebel(?)

come at me bro

You guys are talking too damn much. 50 pages for Day1 where we basically have no information anyway on our wincons. Lynch someone or don't, whatever. NQT has been the only one to threaten us so far, so she is the #1 candidate imo. Massclaim looks better for day 2. Too many here are waiting to stand back and see what others do... 3 extends used in this day alone. It's insane.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: January 30, 2014, 05:16:29 am »

Leafsnail
I'll explain why it has to wait until tomorrow, tomorrow. You'll understand then.
Translation: "I have an advanced doppelganger type ability"
No, I was completely honest about my ability as claimed earlier.

I'll explain why it has to wait until tomorrow, tomorrow. You'll understand then.
Bullshit.  Earlier you said that you had fully claimed your role.
And I did. You'll understand tomorrow.

NQT:  So you're not an Advanced Dopp or anything like that?
Either that or some kind of Cult Leader.
If there's a tracker or ability-cop in the game, they're welcome to confirm that this isn't the case.

I am honestly amazed that anyone is falling for NQT's lie.  The idea that there exists hidden information that will somehow cause something bad to happen if one so much as hints at it is unlikely.  The idea that a legitimate townie (that is, a member of the uninformed majority) would have exclusive access to this information is completely and utterly laughable.

By claiming to have access to this information NQT is basically claiming to be true scum, regardless of whether his alignment technically lines up with that of a townie.
Nonsense. I just don't want to undermine town's chances by giving too much information to Team Evil right now. It'll be safe to do so tomorrow and you'll all understand why a legitimate townie has access to this information.

An entertaining exercise: imagine that NQT is town.  Try to imagine what information could cause him to behave in this way.  I'll go first.

If you get lynched on day one the world will explode because ???.  The world will also explode if you make any kind of direct hint towards the fact that the world will explode if you are lynched day one (but you can replace the thing about worlds exploding with a generic "bad thing" and that will be ok).  The world exploding will be a bad thing for all non-evil players, who by the way are the majority in this game.

On day two this restriction is lifted and you will be allowed to talk about the world exploding if you are lynched on day one, and also the world will no longer explode if you are lynched.  Again you can talk about this but if you mention any specifics about the world exploding the world will explode.
Not even close.

You are a Confirmed Townie and Day One Anti-Jester
Half right. I'm just a confirmed townie and that's all. I'll explain all on Day 2.

Wolf
Okay, make, maybe not you, but does anyone else (besides the sandwich) have anything that explicitly states not evil or not teenager.  THIS IS NOT FOR THE TEACHERS AND FACULTY!
Well, me obviously.

I agree with LeafSnail.  A jester tried to pull a very similar thing in the game "kill webadict now": claiming that he had some ability in his role that would mean that killing webadict was a bad idea until he was lynched.  The gambit didn't work, and he lost the game when the town won, but the morale of the story is thus: when someone claims that they have some horrible ability that you really don't or do want to lynch them because of, be wary unless you're playing a BYOR with the wall of flesh.
Did I say ability? You're making false assumptions. If this was a jester gambit it'd be pretty idiotic.

NQT: why don't you tell us the details of what you are hiding from us.  You claimed to have only one ability, but now you say that there is something we have to keep you alive for, and your only arguments against being lynched have been "I'm confirmed town" and "Is this really going to go down as that game where confirmed town was lynched day one".

Basically, tell us what you know/suspect.  Playing the "saving it for later" card doesn't have much influence.
Have you been listening to a word I've said? If I tell you now it'll be as good as letting the bad thing happen! It has to wait until tomorrow. If I say now, then the forces of Evil will have information they can use in the night that will benefit them but not us.

All non-mods: Is that how Tiruin normally plays?  With a large number of posts, often put up one right after the other?
Alas, yes. If Tiruin has a low amount of posts then they're almost certainly scum or have exams or both.

Everyone non-mod OOC: For my own personal development as a mafia player, would this be considered acceptable scumhunting in a non-bastard-mod game?
I've certainly seen worse, but this is only Day 1 and real scum hunting only gets some momentum after there's been some flips.

Every non-mod: does anyone have a firm idea of what their wincon is, because I have no idea.
Vaguely, yes. I know one thing that may cause me to lose (the Very Bad Thing), but I don't know what will cause me to win but right now I assume that eliminating the possibility of the Bad Thing coming about is a good way to go about.

Hapah
I have absolutely no idea what is going on anymore.
Short version: if I die today, disaster may befall the town but I can't safely explain until Day 2, so we're going to lynch Ranger, who's claimed to be an evil meteor summoner.

Makeinu
Now I wanna lynch him just to see what happens!!
It won't be good for Team Not Evil.

Tiruin
NQT: Remember that game wherein you had powers to make two people lovers and such-such? The game where you trickled claims per day in and day out? Could you explain why you 'tout' or better yet, push forward the notion that letting you live, with the promise of information, is a 'good thing' for you?
I remember that game fondly. Unlike in Magic Mafia, where I peppered my role claims with small untruths to manipulate scum, I've told the absolute truth about everything so far. I'm not concerned with my long-term survival here: letting me live until tomorrow is absolutely in the benefit of any player who considers themselves Not Evil. After that, they're free to lynch me.

Caz
Why are you still voting me?

NQT has been the only one to threaten us so far, so she is the #1 candidate imo.
What? I'm not threatening you! I'm saying that if I'm killed today, the chances of disaster befalling Team Evil rise considerably and that there's a very good reason for this, which I'll explain tomorrow.

Cheese
And do you have no other comments about me? Why do you keep trying to drag me into your lynch frenzy?
Ugh, we're on the same side here. You want to defeat Evil, so do I. I can't see why you're not voting one of the players that has actually claimed to be evil.

Dude, chill.
Don't start shaming people, that's not right.
I'm chilled, I just know it's town's duty to ensure their fellow players don't make idiotic decisions.

Because I have a normal wincon! I need to defeat the scum, like a normal freaking game!
That means you guys don't.
Perhaps, but I'm not entirely sure. The OP seems to indicate that we should all be hunting for meteor summoners.

That would likely equate to 3 people who can't complete their own wincons, and I don't want to be greedy, so I'm fine with not smiting evil right now.
That's very magnanimous of you but I don't think that's entirely conducive to your wincon as you understand it.

NQT seems to be pressing for a KILL SCUM NAO tactic, and I don't like it, particularly when you take into account his whole IF I DIE YOU ALL SO SCREWED YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW thing. I don't like it.
I'll explain in full tomorrow. You don't have to like my methods, but I'm telling you categorically that it's in your interests most of all given your wincon.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: January 30, 2014, 05:51:44 am »

Caz

NQT has been the only one to threaten us so far, so she is the #1 candidate imo.
What? I'm not threatening you! I'm saying that if I'm killed today, the chances of disaster befalling Team Evil rise considerably and that there's a very good reason for this, which I'll explain tomorrow.

Webadict told us that all teenagers are Evil. Therefore the town is Evil. You are Not Evil (confirmed). Therefore you're our enemy?

I'd like to hear the very good reason for why we shouldn't nominate you.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: January 30, 2014, 06:07:47 am »

Webadict told us that all teenagers are Evil. Therefore the town is Evil. You are Not Evil (confirmed). Therefore you're our enemy?

Wuba said all teenagers were evil and that if you hadn't been told you were evil then you're not. We haven't been told we're teenagers and I have a very good reason not to nominate me that I will explain in full and glorious detail on Day 2. I would seriously recommend not nominating me if you don't want an unspecified Very Bad Thing to happen and you're patient enough to wait until tomorrow to find out.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: January 30, 2014, 06:49:19 am »

Caz

Wuba said all teenagers were evil and that if you hadn't been told you were evil then you're not. We haven't been told we're teenagers and I have a very good reason not to nominate me that I will explain in full and glorious detail on Day 2. I would seriously recommend not nominating me if you don't want an unspecified Very Bad Thing to happen and you're patient enough to wait until tomorrow to find out.

I'm siding with NQT here. I'm not even told any vague resemblence to how I look or how old I am or-
*asks webadict for physical desc*
> Average looking fellow with brown hair.
:I
Yeeaah. Let's just assume that those who got all teenagers are evil, are evil--note 'are'.
NQT..you said 'were'?
?

Everyone (except Nerjin/Web): So, notes on why Cado is better than LS/TDS again, please?

webadict: Do you deal in half lies-as in, is it correct to assume that you're still withholding information in things you deem as 'the truth'?
Well, I clearly can't tell you EVERYTHING.

But, if you want, I might answer a question.
how can I get cooler magic? :v

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: January 30, 2014, 07:21:08 am »

Tiruin
NQT..you said 'were'?
The whole sentence was in the past tense, so 'were' was correct. I didn't mean it in the sense of 'used to be' but in the sense of 'are'. 'If you were not told you are evil then you are not evil' would be a clearer rephrasing.

Everyone (except Nerjin/Web): So, notes on why Cado is better than LS/TDS again, please?
I see your argument, that if there's a flip and Leafsnail is a meteor summoner then we'll know that evil doers are meteor summoners. I'd rather there were a consensus on this so we could hammer rather than drawing Day 1 out all the way until Friday. If people want to go for Leafsnail instead, that would be ok.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 112