Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 651197 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans
« Reply #330 on: February 04, 2013, 12:08:56 pm »

Golly, that would be neat. I don't think I've ever traded directly over wi-fi either. The alternative is to set up a time to do that trade and you ask for something incredibly specific, which I will only have due to preparation. (Say, a level 38 Azurill.) It'll be at least a few days before I can do anything with Pokemon, though, since I have midterms coming up this week.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 04, 2013, 12:51:53 pm »

Golly, that would be neat. I don't think I've ever traded directly over wi-fi either. The alternative is to set up a time to do that trade and you ask for something incredibly specific, which I will only have due to preparation. (Say, a level 38 Azurill.) It'll be at least a few days before I can do anything with Pokemon, though, since I have midterms coming up this week.

Cool, that'll give me time to grab one.  I guess I'll poke around and see how one goes about doing this thing. 

If you have a Wii, $10, and a lot of time, you can get the Mew yourself, though =P

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 04, 2013, 01:18:27 pm »

I just got Black 2, and I'm heading over to get challenge mode so I can start playing. This'll be sweet.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 04, 2013, 06:17:23 pm »

Challenge mode is also unlocked when you defeat the league for the first time iirc in B2.

I wish I had a DSi/3DS so I could use my wireless connection with my games, but I have an old DS Lite that can only connect via unsecured or WEP secured (as good as unsecured).

Tempted to record a battle or two and post it on here. :P

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 04, 2013, 06:18:31 pm »

I've only got the phat DS :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 04, 2013, 07:17:45 pm »

Challenge mode is also unlocked when you defeat the league for the first time iirc in B2.

Yeah, I got it from my friend who beat it. I wanted to play through the whole game with it.

So I lost a couple times to Cheren because I'm too lazy to grind up to level 14 on level 7 pokemon. Then I realized Counter is overpowered and oran berries are useful, so I cut through his first two Pokemon with that and then thundershocked the Pidove with my Mareep. Mareep is now a Flaaffy.

Now I'm trying to get my dunsparce onto the game but I need to be able to do online trades first.

edit: where did that pal pad in my key items come from
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 07:20:17 pm by penguinofhonor »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 04, 2013, 07:34:06 pm »

EDIT:Oh wait nevermind ignore this post
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 07:37:17 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 05, 2013, 04:13:09 pm »

Current summary of Pokemon B2 affairs:

At my friends' suggestion, I'm giving my team/game a theme. It started out as Madoka, but I realized there are no male characters in that so I'm expanding it to Evangelion as well. It is the animes.

Character Name: Mami
Rival Name: Shinji

Team:
Gendo, Servine (male) - My trusty starter that doesn't know any damn grass moves worth knowing.
Kyoko, Flaaffy (female) - Electric types are useful. She'll probably end up getting replaced though.
Tomohisa, Leavanny (male) - I like bugs, so I jumped on the first one I could find. Probably overlaps with Servine too much.
Kyubey, Dunsparce (female) - I traded her over from B1 because I swore I'd play through all of B2 with a Dunsparce. Definitely my strongest Pokemon.
Unnamed Tranquill - I'm going to replace it with Hitomi the Tropius as soon as I breed one up.
Unnamed Grimer - I'd like a grimer, but I'm going to replace it with a water type because I need surf and something to deal with the fire types that threaten my 50% grass team.

Ex-Team Members:
Kaworu the Riolu (male) - Replaced by grimer. He just seemed mediocre.

Currently I have three badges, and my greatest accomplishment is getting people on my Join Avenue to say "Slam jam" constantly.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 05, 2013, 04:20:42 pm »

I'm here to shamelessly plug my LP :P

Also wondering how many people have seen this. It's like the closest thing you'll find to 3D Pokemon until X and Y come out, and it's multiplayer.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 05, 2013, 04:37:15 pm »

Oh yeah, I found this amazing Pokemon comic the other day. It's a few pages long, just read it.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 05, 2013, 05:39:14 pm »

It is pretty great (link). A Nuzlocke run of randomized Emerald has all sorts of potential.

Also, I've seen a few Pokemon MMOs and another 3D attempt, but something in Minecraft is interesting. I'll have to take a look.

Edit: OH apparently that's not actually in Minecraft, it just really, really, really looks like it. Huh.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 05, 2013, 05:41:27 pm »

It is pretty great (link). A Nuzlocke run of randomized Emerald has all sorts of potential.

Also, I've seen a few Pokemon MMOs and another 3D attempt, but something in Minecraft is interesting. I'll have to take a look.
Er...I'm fairly certain the 3D thing I linked has nothing to do with Minecraft :P

But hey, thanks for the support!

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 05, 2013, 05:46:16 pm »

Guys, I need your suggestion.

Being a perfectionist, I started to not being able to get into Pokemon once I found out about IVs and EVs. I wanted all my captured Pokemons to have the ideal stats for their respective types/uses and considering how impossible that goal was without massive time investment to beat the RNG, I lost motivation and gave up. So I am wondering how far have you gone into capturing the perfect Pokemon?

I am planning to get 3DS XL and either Pokemon X or Y (the legendary in X has more appeal) but I don't want to fall into the same trap.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 05, 2013, 05:48:13 pm »

Do what I do:
Don't worry about any IVs or EVs except Eevee :P

Seriously, unless you have a burning desire to be competitive, just enjoy training the Pokemon you get.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 05, 2013, 06:03:19 pm »

BuriBuriZaemon, I had the exact same problem, and I used Sirus' exact same solution. :P

Unless supremely unlucky, a decent team is going to be able to beat the game handily without the best IV's or stats.

Natures are more visible and you can still worry about those if you want. :P
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 463