Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 651773 times)

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Battle Analyzer patched out
« Reply #2430 on: December 17, 2013, 06:42:24 am »

Oh hell yes. After three weeks, I finally found my 3DS, and can start playing again.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: December 17, 2013, 08:13:54 am »

I was so impressed by a Prankster Sableye who ruined my bulky offense team in Showdown, I am now going to breed one. I'm going for physically defensive one but I'm wondering why most guides recommend Bold (+Def, -Att) instead of Impish (+Def, -SpA). My moveset will be:
Taunt
Will-of-Wisp
Knock Off/Foul Play/Night Shade
Recover

The reason I don't want a reduced Att is because of the three viable attacking moves that Sableye can carry (third slot above), none requires SpA stat.

Knock Off is a great utility move and now has a BP of 65 instead of 20. It is based on Att stat.

Night Shade, the only workable Special Attack move for Sableye is dependent on the user's level, not SpA stat.

And obviously Foul Play is dependent on the target's Att stat.

Did I miss anything??
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: December 17, 2013, 11:17:55 am »

No, seems fine to me. Just make sure you're running focus sash.

Sableye is really good against walls and stall teams. Too bad it can't run defog haha.

I think knock off is the best choice. The ability to destroy an enemy's item, especially leftovers, can really cripple enemy teams. Also, you can 2HKO Gengar with Knock Off. Night Shade is pretty stupid in that in the real game it will only do 50 damage. Flat.

Foul Play is nice for dealing with Aegislash, but has no real use outside of that I found. Rarely I'll run into someone stacking swords dances wherein my Sableye is already on the field, then it'll do some good damage.

Sableye is one of those severe "only has 4 moveslots" guys. I really wish he had like... 6 moves so he could run protect and toxic / substitute too.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: December 18, 2013, 04:28:38 am »

Thanks umi, I'll breed the Prankster Sableye then. Just got a 5IV Kadabra with Recover, Trick, and Disable. I am wondering if Sub-Disable Gengar is still good? I've been breeding exclusively stall Pokemons lately. :d
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: December 18, 2013, 10:24:14 am »

Thanks umi, I'll breed the Prankster Sableye then. Just got a 5IV Kadabra with Recover, Trick, and Disable. I am wondering if Sub-Disable Gengar is still good? I've been breeding exclusively stall Pokemons lately. :d
Definitely still a thing with regular Gengars.  Mega Gengar also turns into a devastating trapper/revenge-killer with that tremendous Special Attack and Shadow Tag, but it loses the recovery factor of Black Sludge, so it's a bit more of a toss-up there.  Both are still fragile as all get-out, but still quite dangerous.  Poison being super-effective against Fairies and Steel no longer resisting Ghost also greatly enhances both of its STAB attacks, and makes it harder to wall. 

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: December 18, 2013, 11:37:05 am »

Mega Gengar has one more ludicrous weakness that regular Gengar doesn't.

It's weak to earthquake. =|

Earthquake being the one move so freaking potent, feared, and common that there is literally an item and an ability (which the original Gengar had) revolving entirely around stopping it.

I'm generally more afraid of regular Gengar running sub-disable than the mega form. As Culise said, they're so freaking weak anyway that even if I was walled in, it's more of a "I'm not trapped in here with you, you're trapped in here with me" kinda situation. It's the same with Alakazam. It's so fragile, it dies to everything.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: December 18, 2013, 03:47:14 pm »

Everyone who acesses the pokemon bank before next october shall recieve a lvl10 celebi
It's FEF, not FEOF

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: December 18, 2013, 03:49:15 pm »

Everyone who acesses the pokemon bank before next october shall recieve a lvl10 celebi
Is it out yet?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: December 18, 2013, 03:51:26 pm »

Comes out next week on the 27th
It's FEF, not FEOF

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: December 19, 2013, 04:17:34 am »

Question about Pokebank:

I currently have a 3DS and Pokemon Y. If I bought Pokemon X, would I be able to play it on the same 3DS, transfer Pokemons from Pokemon X to Pokebank, and retrieve them in Pokemon Y?

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: December 19, 2013, 07:44:40 am »

Yep
It's FEF, not FEOF

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: December 19, 2013, 08:54:23 am »

That's good to hear. I just realised Pokebank doesn't allow item transfer... I really want all the mega evo stones from both games. Might as well get a 2DS. >.>

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: December 19, 2013, 10:25:30 am »

That's good to hear. I just realised Pokebank doesn't allow item transfer... I really want all the mega evo stones from both games. Might as well get a 2DS. >.>
There's another small trick with that.  Since the GTS allows item transfers, give the item to a Bidoof on X, post on GTS asking for a Yveltal or Xerneas in exchange (or some other Gen 6 legendary that can't be hacked into Gen 5), then head on Y, follow through on the trade, and then go onto Pokebank and swap the legendary right back over.  There's some risk that you might end up getting a legendary for a Bidoof and lose your mega stone in the process, though. 

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: December 19, 2013, 12:28:26 pm »

You're better off with something like a Rhyperior. People junk those two legendaries all the time for even things like Charizard. If someone sees a Mega Evolution stone on your Bidoof, they'll take the trade for sure as you can get those legendaries back any time.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: December 19, 2013, 05:13:55 pm »

It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 463