Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 654372 times)

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Poll added!
« Reply #2401 on: December 07, 2013, 09:16:26 pm »

I'm still disappointed there's no R/S remake. I started the Plat game months ago with the intent of getting shiny Pokemon with the PokeRadar, then transferring them to black, then trading those to the R/S remake. Shortly after I started Gen 6 was announced.

I still don't know why people think this is a possibility. Fire Red and Leaf Green? Needed remakes because they revamped the system so badly that you couldn't transfer your old guys forward. Also they claimed the hardware wouldn't support it, but that always smelled fishy to me. Anyways, one way or another, 1st and 2nd-gen pokémon were stuck in their old games, and you couldn't replace them. But 3rd-gen? If you still own an original-style DS and a 4th-Gen game, you can still transfer them. There's no reason for GameFreak to remake them. (Other than money, of course, but they can probably get more money making brand new games than remaking an older one.)

Mind game city, yeah, but...Being pure dark and losing it's ability in one go, probably just a gimmick-worthy only pokemon.

It does lose its illusion on getting hit, true enough. One of the neater tricks I've seen with it is Substitute. Nearly everything learns Substitute, so it's never a giveaway unless you are - for some reason - keeping a Caterpie or Magikarp in the back of your party. And attacks that hit the Substitute dino-doll don't break the illusion.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: December 08, 2013, 01:52:57 am »

Check out the team which makes critics say...

"fking gay stallers"
-Ezrealswag

And makes battles last EIGHTY ONE turns!
"Seriously?"
-nauton

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: December 08, 2013, 07:41:14 am »

umiman, that's really entertaining! I am wondering if you've a spare Poison Heal Gliscor? Any IV and nature will do.

Also, I just discovered how painful it is to breed 5 perfect IV genderless 'mons with only 3 perfect IV Ditto. >_>
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: December 08, 2013, 08:41:31 am »

Would it be an idea to breed the Ditto into having more IVs first?

Calech

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: December 08, 2013, 11:44:32 am »

Would it be an idea to breed the Ditto into having more IVs first?

That would work, except that Ditto can't breed (which leads to the question of where all the Ditto come from).

The only way to get a good IVd Ditto is to catch it; either via Friend Safari or chaining, which would both reduce the reliance on luck (for the IVs at least). 3IVs is about the best you can get easily, although 4 or 5 are not impossible (just highly unlikely). 6IV Ditto is not entirely out of the question; assuming that you're using Friend Safari and further assuming that the guaranteed 31 IVs are set independent of the random ones, the odds are a little worse than one in 2 million - which is still tons better than the one in 1 billion or so it would otherwise be.

An alternative for the patient Pokemon herder, though, would be to wait for the transfer system to become available later in the month and get said 5-6IV Dittos from previous gen games, where they could be caught via RNG manipulation tricks.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: December 08, 2013, 12:57:23 pm »

That would work, except that Ditto can't breed (which leads to the question of where all the Ditto come from).
I like to thing that after a ditto mates with a Pokemon, the Pokemon born will carry another very small ditto living as a relatively harmless parasite in the pokemons gut. These dittos can only survive in certain species, hence why ditto only live in certain areas.

Alternatively, it could just be fucking magic.

Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: December 08, 2013, 01:08:15 pm »

I like to thing that after a ditto mates with a Pokemon, the Pokemon born will carry another very small ditto living as a relatively harmless parasite in the pokemons gut. These dittos can only survive in certain species, hence why ditto only live in certain areas.

Alternatively, it could just be fucking magic.

Ditto could be the compressed remains of Pokemon. It just rearranges its cellular structure to imitate another Pokemon's dead predecessor. Also, it might explain how the scientists can revive ancient Pokemon from fossil structures. They just use a Ditto.

Mew is supposed to have the genetic code of all Pokemon. Maybe Mews were far more plentiful in the past and all current Dittos are dead Mews or formed from the corpses of Mews?
Also often called Boowells.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: December 08, 2013, 01:09:43 pm »

there is s theory that's floated around the internet for ages that they're leftovers from the initial failed attempts to clone mew.
It's FEF, not FEOF

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: December 08, 2013, 01:59:04 pm »

It seems people love to forget about Asexual Reproduction.
Many single-cell organisms use this as their way to reproduce: basically, Ditto would split itself into two ditto, no need for a partner or an egg. this would also explain how it can produce eggs with either a male partner or female one.

Of course, nothing says ditto is a single cell but w/e.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: December 08, 2013, 04:18:18 pm »

An NPC in Gen VI claims that Pokémon eggs are more like "Pokémon cradles." This could mean that the Daycare eggs are not how Pokémon reproduce in the wild, but rather just another way in which Pokémon seem to be catered to interaction with humans.

In fact, most clues about the true nature of Pokémon seem to point towards Pokémon being the organic components of a terraforming system that went rogue, but is still active.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TL;DR: Pokémon are possibly man-made constructs and don't actually 'breed' in the daycare.

All of this is of course pure speculation, but I like how it fits the entire Pokémon universe so neatly.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: December 09, 2013, 02:04:00 am »

Sooo... I'm late to the FC party, but I want to get into this Safari Zone thing and random Passersby are somewhat hesitant to become more than acquaintances. :P

My code is 3668-8305-2950, and I have no idea what my own zone contains.

Also, I managed to catch the Pokerus like 2 days into the game. I of course backed that stuff up on some permaboxed Pokes for further spread. But I guess Pokerus is obsolete now, what with Super Training and all?

Cerol - Normal Type: Audino and Teddiursa, not sure on 3rd pokemon yet.

EDIT:
As for the terraforming theory, I don't see that being even remotely the case but i do agree that it does fit. Gotta love fan-theories even they are not even remotely possible.

As for any BAY12 league, I Think I'll go ahead and Opt out, my fairy team hit one major snag that i don't think i can remedy on time to my self-set-deadline, even with bank.

Oh yeah speaking of Fairies, I'm a little sad we haven't heard if Cresselia is psychic fairy: I know the Whimsicott line was announced as grass/fairy but seriously with the fairy type's lore - why isnt cresselia Psy-Fairy? and just look at her, she'd fit perfectly, If Cresselia finally imports and Isnt Psy-fairy, i will likely punch the nearest thing to me. (dont worry that's just an inanimate thermos-style cup, lol.)

« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 02:12:41 pm by RekkaAtsuma »

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: December 09, 2013, 04:08:20 am »

We already have Mr Mime, and Gardevoir's line for Psychic/Fairy. While it makes sense for Cresselia, especially given that will give it an advantage over Darkrai, its opposite, I don't think it'll change.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: December 09, 2013, 01:56:40 pm »

We already have Mr Mime, and Gardevoir's line for Psychic/Fairy. While it makes sense for Cresselia, especially given that will give it an advantage over Darkrai, its opposite, I don't think it'll change.
Mrmime and gardevoir are also not legendaries, so that's why i feel it may be possible it will happen.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: December 10, 2013, 08:49:17 am »

Does anyone have a female Dragonair with Multiscale and/or a female Gliscor with Poison Heal? Nature and IVs are not relevant, I just don't have them in any of my safari but would like to breed them.

On a sidenote, I bred my first ever shiny by accident, an Adamant Kangashkan with 31/31/31/x/31/x. Also bred a 6 perfect IV Adamant Kangashkan in the next batch. Must be my lucky day. :D
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 463