Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 651873 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Don't let your bank run out without withdrawing!
« Reply #2805 on: February 11, 2014, 10:13:20 pm »

...you rarely use ghost types?

No spinblocking?
Not even with the recent buff rendering steel no longer resistant to ghost?
I didn't often use ghost types for some time, either, either in-game or competitively.  Spinblocking isn't as important with the Defog buff, and the Steel debuff enhances Ghost attacks rather than Ghost types (though the latter obviously gains a STAB bonus when using the former, which is not negligible).  That said, I've been using them off and on - Misdreavus, Jellicent, and Aegislash all made appearances on my in-game teams in Gens 2, 5, and 6, and if I used stone evolutions in-game instead of hoarding evolution stones endlessly, Froslass and Chandelure might have as well. 

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Don't let your bank run out without withdrawing!
« Reply #2806 on: February 11, 2014, 10:23:30 pm »

...you rarely use ghost types?

No spinblocking?
Not even with the recent buff rendering steel no longer resistant to ghost?
I didn't often use ghost types for some time, either, either in-game or competitively.  Spinblocking isn't as important with the Defog buff, and the Steel debuff enhances Ghost attacks rather than Ghost types (though the latter obviously gains a STAB bonus when using the former, which is not negligible).  That said, I've been using them off and on - Misdreavus, Jellicent, and Aegislash all made appearances on my in-game teams in Gens 2, 5, and 6, and if I used stone evolutions in-game instead of hoarding evolution stones endlessly, Froslass and Chandelure might have as well.
Doublade, Frosslass, Sableye and Chandelure - the only ghost types I even remotely care for
My Frosslass, Oyuki. My Doublade, Valor. Gremlacks, my Sableye. My Chandelure, Ender.

Really only Ender has been fully set up and is as her name states: The end of her foes.
Doublade I like better than aegislash due to it's design being two shortswords.
I do have an aegislash planned though, "Yuuji" (A Shakugan No Shana ref).
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: February 11, 2014, 10:39:24 pm »

Aegislash is just so cool, though. Even if it was useless competitively, it's still a Pokemon with a very unique gimmick. Unless you've got one of a handful of legendaries, it's the only way you'll get a Pokemon with multiple stances.  :D
(The fact that it's really good competitively doesn't hurt, though!)

Also, I think I've used up my year's supply of luck. I got an Adamant Marvel Scale ESpeed Dratini from a Wonder Trade (which was the second ESpeed Dratini I got!), then someone Wonder Traded me a Porygon. Now, some kind soul handed me a Ditto Friend Safari, despite me having a pretty useless Poison safari to offer.  :o

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: February 11, 2014, 10:52:09 pm »

Here's a question for all of you - how often do you nickname pokemon, and what do you use for their nicknames?
I tend to nickname every new pokemon I catch with something vaguely related to it and punny - my first runthrough of Black, I had a Durant called "Tertanium" (Termite + Titanium), for example.

In my X runthrough, my starting Greninja was "Glenn", even though Frog in Chrono Trigger was a knight, and not a ninja, it instantly reminded me of Chrono Trigger.

In my current Black runthrough, my party consists of:

Solid - Level 37 Serperior (solid snake, hurhrurhurhruhr)
Gulliver - Level 36 Stoutland (lillipup = lilliput = gulliver's travels? - other Stoutlands have been named things like St Bernard or Lord Brit)
Turbine - level 28 Tynamo (because it generates electricity in a chain)
Steroider - Level 27 Gurrdurr (i will evolve it at about level 37, when it should learn some better moves)
Klubba - Level 30 Krokorok (because every Sandile family mon i've had has been a variant of Kremlings, from DKC1/2/3.)
Huntsman - Level 24 Joltik (because huntsman spiders are cool)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: February 12, 2014, 01:31:43 am »

I nickname my pokemon the names of different pokemon just to screw with people.

Jellicent = Aromatisse

Sableye = Carbink

etc.

It probably also pisses off people who don't know what they're fighting and now can't google search it because there's no name.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: February 12, 2014, 07:09:34 am »

I nickname everything I catch. Not always good or clever nicknames, mind, but I like giving that personal touch.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: February 12, 2014, 08:00:46 am »

Also, I think I've used up my year's supply of luck. I got an Adamant Marvel Scale ESpeed Dratini from a Wonder Trade (which was the second ESpeed Dratini I got!), then someone Wonder Traded me a Porygon. Now, some kind soul handed me a Ditto Friend Safari, despite me having a pretty useless Poison safari to offer.  :o

You could've just asked me as I was WTing my breeding rejects. :p

I have the following that will go to WT unless anyone wants them:
Yamas - Mummy - Bold
Porygon - Trace - Calm
Squirtle - Torrent - Modest (Aura Sphere, Dragon Pulse, Muddy Water)
Darmanitan - Hustle - Adamant
Clefairy - Magic Guard - (Charm, Wish, Aromatherapy, Stored Power)
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: February 12, 2014, 08:10:27 am »

I rarely give nicknames to my Pokémon. Only one I've got at the moment is a pidgey called Speedy since that was the name In gave to the first Pokémon I caught, also a pidgey.

Trainers in the games rarely/never have nicknames on their Pokémon. Traded ones do but Gym Leaders don't have nicknamed pokemon and neither do the Elite Four. I wonder if that'll change sometime.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: February 12, 2014, 01:56:57 pm »

I nickname everything I plan on using.
Crush - my Scizor
Cloe - my Starmie
Asuka - my Gardevoir
Bowen - my Gallade
Fred - my Ludicolo
Yuuji - my Aegislash
Wargale - my Braviary
Fleur - my Lilligant
Valentine - my female Charizard(Y) - based on a weird dream whee I had a Y charizard-like dragon pet born on v-day
Fangflame - my male Charizard
Ender - my Chandelure
Jetfire - my Talonflame, uses it's own version of Oogie Boogie, even if unreliable at times.
Shane - my Bisharp
Kyuubey - espeon female
Madoka - Sylveon female
Homura - Umbreon female
Sayaka - Vaporeon female
Kyouko - Flareon female
Mami - Jolteon female
Takato - another flareon, male
Hellburn - my Houndoom
Gremlacks - my sableye
Oyuki - my Frosslass, not really a creative name due to the japanese folk tale/legend she was based on.
Rekka - My rash Magmortar (it's a role play of my darkside)
Brohawk - my pansear
Broette - my Simipour
Brotupe - my Simisage
Annoyance - my fly+dig Flygon (note I personally would ride a flygon if i must choose any pokemon as a mount)
Aurora - my Togekiss
Amalia - my Celebi

And many many many more....
If I'm going to use it, it has a nick-name, so there's likely one for every Pokemon in the dex, even if the games wont let you rename it. As you can see with flareon though: some have more then one based on their sex.

EDIT: not to mention but all of the listed above named pokemn are in lux balls, except Asuka who is in a love ball. (Shut up.)
Crush, Asuka, Jetfire, Annoyance, Fred, and Aurora make up my main team in-game. With Crush or Asuka likely to mega-evolve. Though any of them can be swapped out for any of the others on a random whim.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 02:06:15 pm by RekkaAtsuma »

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: February 12, 2014, 02:48:59 pm »

I likewise name only what I plan to actively use, or actively used in-game.  I try to give them meaningful but interesting names.  From Gen 6 alone, so far...

Ajaccia - Delphox
Desideria - Gardevoir
Durandal - Aegislash
Étienne - Jolteon
Cz - Clawitzer
Aisin - Pangoro
Meilong - Dragonite
Loire - Mawile
Siyah - Espeon
Kaumei - Swinub

Other past ones include Grenoble (Aggron, Gen 3 - yes, I've been naming Pokemon after French places since long before Kalos), Noire (Raichu, Gen 4 - ironically, because I started from "Lux"), Erzebet (Gliscor, Gen 4 - which still remains my favoured name choice in Pokemon Showdown), and Amaryllis (Bellossom, Gen 3).  I'll gain more as I continue breeding, though, and especially once I finally download Pokebank and start transporting Pokemon over. 
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 02:53:58 pm by Culise »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: February 12, 2014, 03:18:53 pm »

Awwww yeah.

Pokemon Showdown now has XY random double battles. Now the shenanigans can begin.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: February 12, 2014, 03:40:59 pm »

Had a 2nd successful critical capture today. Not sure why you guys were talking about having problems with them O_o
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: February 12, 2014, 05:08:05 pm »

Had a 2nd successful critical capture today. Not sure why you guys were talking about having problems with them O_o
You mean me, keep at them, you'll see.
They have high chance of success, like better-then-ultra high, but not master level.

Anyways, furthering the convo on personalization, I am almost finished with my Trainer Customization for my male trainer.
I just need one item and can get it tomorrow if my luck holds out. I've even got the right hair, once i get this item he'll be perfect.
Then I can have him Ham it up in the PR vids.

I refuse to even try to get Xerneas or E4 taken care of until I perfect him(Due to cinematics in those events displaying your customized Trainer's awesomeness in better graphics). And I'm to Anistar which is where my final item is to be bought, tomorrow.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: February 12, 2014, 06:14:45 pm »

Critical captures just skip two of the four RNG checks, IIRC.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: February 12, 2014, 07:08:28 pm »

Speaking of critical captures, I just got my first critical capture on a shiny Kirlia today. I was especially happy because the Kirlias sometimes use Teleport, and I definitely didn't want it escaping.

You mean me, keep at them, you'll see.
They have high chance of success, like better-then-ultra high, but not master level.

Anyways, furthering the convo on personalization, I am almost finished with my Trainer Customization for my male trainer.
I just need one item and can get it tomorrow if my luck holds out. I've even got the right hair, once i get this item he'll be perfect.
Then I can have him Ham it up in the PR vids.

I refuse to even try to get Xerneas or E4 taken care of until I perfect him(Due to cinematics in those events displaying your customized Trainer's awesomeness in better graphics). And I'm to Anistar which is where my final item is to be bought, tomorrow.

To be honest, I'm almost tempted to use the female trainer instead just because of better customization. I felt like the male trainer was kind of...boring in terms of options, really. In my opinion, the personalization of both trainers is rather weak, though.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 07:11:48 pm by Knirisk »
Also often called Boowells.
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 463