Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1192608 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to magic
« Reply #105 on: June 30, 2014, 07:41:55 am »

Am I immune to heat? I should be, but if not that's fine. Hang around the top of the volcano. If anyone other than Ryan approaches, hurl a fireball at them. I believe it should be Summon to create the fireball, and Ranged to throw it.

You are about as resistant to heat as somone who visits sauna regularly. You can stand heat quite well, but you'd burn just the same. Same goes for Ryan.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 30, 2014, 08:29:14 am »

"This forest reminds me of home."

Allow David to draw the runes.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 01, 2014, 09:19:01 am »

Turn 4
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Examine the throne.

LUCK [10]

Kirby carefully examines the throne, short search determining that it is made entirely out of gold, save few gems that were decorating it and a pillow to make sitting more comfortable. Round wiard decided to try out the softness of said pillow, and jumped on the throne. Immeidetly, golden chains grabbed onto Kirbys hands and legs, some even wraping around him, binding him to the throne. Panicing, round mage accidetialy releases a bit of his power.

POT [4+1=5]

All golden chalices and chandaliers start flying all over the throne roon, while golden throne rams into the left wall. It seems that this throne is an artifact that grants gold affinity to whomever is sitting on it.

Form a consealing cloak of shadows around myself!

(Summon)

CMP [4]
POT [3-1=2]

Whaz was at the moment trying to create a cloack of shadows to suround him. Unfortunately, while his spell was executed well, it failed to take hold becouse Whaz did not use enough power.

"Now for my actual plan. Give me your back."
Draw unknown runes on the trees and James. ((Will PM DG and Nav when I'm off my phone.)
"This forest reminds me of home."

Allow David to draw the runes.

CMP [5]
POT [4+2]

David sucessfully painted the runes onto all the trees duo had just grown, and on James, using juice from some plums that were growing on the plum trees. He then began the binding of tree's lifeforce to James' magic power. David's spell covered the trees that he had marked, but then it started spreading. It spread out to every blade of grass that was there, and to the treehouse they had conjured. James was overcome with the influx of natural power, and fell down with a shout. As he got back up, James noticed that he could now feel the life of all the plants that were affected by David's spell. And that the tree house they had summoned felt somewhat more alive than other plants.

To the cave! Aether senses to detect any traps or obstacles.

LUCK [3]
POT [3+1=4]
DEX [6]

Jase, unburdened by shenenigans of other mages, decided to explore the strange cave. As he walked in, he noticed that crystals he felt erlier were emeralds, and that it was rather dark further into the cave. Wisely, he decided to use his powers to explore without needing to see. And his caution paid off, as his supernatural senses warned him of lose shards of emeralds just over his head as he walked in. Jase managed to roll away but in his rush to not get his head impaled he did not lopok where exactly he was roling to and was rewarded with a shallow cut on his right arm by a small emerald shard perched on the wall of the cave.

Harvest seeds from nearby plants by causing them to grow faster.

CMP [3+1=4]
POT [2]

Isaac was meanwhile trying to grow some plants of his own. Well, they did look a bit taller now, but no harvestable seed yet.

"That was... uncool."

Stand up. Kick the tree and amplify the force of the attack with enough power to make the tree visibly shake.

STR [5]
CMP [4+1]
POT [6+1]

Crimson, deciding that best way to heal bruised ego was to let frustration out on inanimate objects, came up with a bright idea to kick the tree he just fell out off. Wether he was stronger than he thought, or wether he used too much power in his spell, it maters not now, as he kicked the tree clean off. Thankfully, the tree fell away from Crimson, though it did dragg down several more trees with it.

Generate a heat haze around me to make me more difficult to target. (summon)

oh, and if necessary, fire generates heat (-1).

CMP [5-1=4]
POT [6+1=7]

Ryan feng, desiring even better protection, decided to craft a visual distortion by heating air. One quick cast later, anyone looking at his hiding place was more likely to see mirages than anything else, though it did get hotter a bit. Nothing troublesome for a praticioneer of fire magic, though Ryan would be wise to consider twice before heating up his suroundings any further.

Am I immune to heat? I should be, but if not that's fine. Hang around the top of the volcano. If anyone other than Ryan approaches, hurl a fireball at them. I believe it should be Summon to create the fireball, and Ranged to throw it.

LUCK [2]
DEX [5]

Leo had decided to explore around a bit, see if he could find anything interesting. In a way, he succeded in his endevour, by finding a rather violently exploding gass pocket. He managed to dodge both gass and pieces of rock, so mabye he did know how to act near an active volcano. Time will tell the truth.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Uploaded the map through a diferent site. Can you see it now Cptn Kaladin?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 09:22:04 am by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 01, 2014, 09:23:19 am »

Hmm... This could prove useful, provided I can find some way to carry it.
Transform the floor (-1) into gold(-1).
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 01, 2014, 09:34:16 am »

Hmm... This could prove useful, provided I can find some way to carry it.
Transform the floor (-1) into gold(-1).

There is "mobile" spell mod. You could make your throne flying.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 01, 2014, 09:35:34 am »

"Huh..."

Examine dungeon while thinking on the problem of power deficit.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 01, 2014, 09:36:06 am »

((Yep. But I want to make this place my base, and a home advantage is always nice.))
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 01, 2014, 09:51:20 am »

"Nice! High five for the power boost! Juice these up with healing right. We can sell them for mats or shards."
Summon -1 some bottles -1

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 01, 2014, 09:59:50 am »

Further into the cave, towards the object. Keep using my aether senses to detect danger.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 01, 2014, 10:01:58 am »

Move towards the castle, going to the west of the whirlpool.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 01, 2014, 11:05:28 am »

"Whatever you did, it worked."

Try to communicate with the treehouse.
Also, summon some healing potion.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 01, 2014, 11:24:12 am »

"Nice! High five for the power boost! Juice these up with healing right. We can sell them for mats or shards."

You have power over runes, NAV has power over healing, neither of which is great bottle material.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 01, 2014, 11:56:35 am »

You have power over runes, NAV has power over healing, neither of which is great bottle material.
I'm doing a summoning ritual and filling the bottles with water. I thought that it didn't matter what the material was for our purposes as long as it was solid and bottle shaped.

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
  • FREEDOOOOOMM!!!! And cake.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 01, 2014, 01:56:28 pm »

Sit on the edge of the volcano. Again, hurl a fireball at anyone who approaches, using Summon and Ranged.
As he waits to be unrestrained and taken backstage, he can't help but think I miss my fun bits.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 01, 2014, 04:41:03 pm »

I'm doing a summoning ritual and filling the bottles with water. I thought that it didn't matter what the material was for our purposes as long as it was solid and bottle shaped.

The problem is, that even when summoning, you can't summon something that is not at least remotely related to your affinity(ies).You could try to use runes to make something take a bottle-like shape, but no summoning. Simmilarly, NAV could use his trick to make trees grow into bottle-like shapes.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 506