Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 379

Author Topic: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread  (Read 400203 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread
« Reply #3090 on: March 02, 2013, 03:11:19 pm »

*Roots for GW....then realizes he's saving ungrateful Dwarves instead of Soultaken/Dragonborn.*
Good point. Editing action.

Aww why couldn't anyone elevate me?  I would be an awesome god.  The god of evolution!  Anyway if there are no complaints I'm going to go to that spire and use it just once to ascend.  No problems with that right?
Nah, I'm planning to do something similar. Maybe we could team up afterwards?
IC the dragon was helping save seaspawn before, so Traurig would likely be willing to form an alliance.  Still for that to happen, our characters would have to actually meet one another or be introduced by someone.
[/quote]
We're both heading to the Spire soon, no?

Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: March 02, 2013, 03:15:54 pm »

The future has taken root in the present. It is done.
The way's paved with knaves that I've horribly slain.
See me coming, better run for them hills.
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: March 02, 2013, 03:16:35 pm »

GWG: Yeah, hopefully next turn if everything works out well enough with my current actions.

Edit: If you get to the spire before me, would you use your first act to ascend and then a smaller act to teleport me to the spire so I can ascend?  That would pretty much make Traurig eternally grateful and we could have each other's backs in case of attack.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 03:26:25 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: March 02, 2013, 03:20:17 pm »

Gervassen, I would suggest you change what you're using your act on. I doubt the overgod would appreciate you muscling in on his acts, and any of the gods can imprison you easily due to the lack of mighty acts in which to defend youself.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: March 02, 2013, 03:26:00 pm »

I will not. For the security of the dwarven race, I can do no other.

I suggest the overgod sleep on any rash acts and be mindful that, while I wish no part of plots against him, any potential acts toward an undergod, expressly born from the suffering of the worshippers whose god you defend, shall paint his reign as just or unjust. Thereby, even the mightiest in the heavens will face judgement, even as you offer to dispense on me.

What is more, those dwarves have glimpsed the history of Udil in the most evocative and memorable artwork that they've seen. Go ahead, ship them back to the butcher in that state of mind.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 03:27:42 pm by Gervassen »
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: March 02, 2013, 03:28:36 pm »

...You know you could just make more dwarves, right?

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: March 02, 2013, 03:30:06 pm »

I suggest the overgod sleep on any rash acts and be mindful that, while I wish no part of plots against him, any potential acts toward an undergod, expressly born from the suffering of the worshippers whose god you defend, shall paint his reign as just or unjust. Thereby, even the mightiest in the heavens will face judgement, even as you offer to dispense on me.

What is more, those dwarves have glimpsed the history of Udil in the most evocative and memorable artwork that they've seen. Go ahead, ship them back to the butcher in that state of mind.

If you know whats good for you, you will leave my people alone.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: March 02, 2013, 03:30:29 pm »

New dwarves would have no understanding of the history of their race, rendering his new creations moot.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: March 02, 2013, 03:31:24 pm »

Nay, their history is but a blank canvas. One which they can create a NEW history.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: March 02, 2013, 03:32:31 pm »

GWG: Yeah, hopefully next turn if everything works out well enough with my current actions.

Edit: If you get to the spire before me, would you use your first act to ascend and then a smaller act to teleport me to the spire so I can ascend?  That would pretty much make Traurig eternally grateful and we could have each other's backs in case of attack.
Only if you promise to do the same for me.
...Actually, I'll do it anyway, but could you make the promise regardless?

Or a new race, with chromatophores like cephalopods' and eight arms to complete more projects at once. Or something new.

If you know whats good for you, you will leave my people alone.
You'd probably eventually try to kill him if both of you lived long enough.
But yeah, lots of people are trying to save the dwarves.

New dwarves would have no understanding of the history of their race, rendering his new creations moot.
True. So don't make them?

Nay, their history is but a blank canvas. One which they can create a NEW history.
Very much true. Would an artist paint on another painter's artwork?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: March 02, 2013, 03:37:07 pm »

Then I wouldn't be the dwarven god of crafting. I'd be the things-that-look-dwarven god of crafting. The dwarven crafters called out to me in the void, and I was compelled to answer. Them, not things looking like them.
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: March 02, 2013, 03:38:29 pm »

Then I wouldn't be the dwarven god of crafting. I'd be the things-that-look-dwarven god of crafting. The dwarven crafters called out to me in the void, and I was compelled to answer. Them, not things looking like them.
You could also try calling older dwarven souls. Or only take some dwarves.
Sig

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: March 02, 2013, 03:39:18 pm »

You know, there is a god of knowledge willing to teach history...

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: March 02, 2013, 03:44:10 pm »

And let's face it. This gambit would have no chance of working on dwarves that actually had full faith in Udil. The speech of Gran tells why I dared to save them. Because they clearly became disillusioned and wanted saving.

Sorry if I took away some followers to those thinking the same, but it'll work out in the end, if you mean me peace. I don't claim to be god-king of the dwarves, only a god who is dwarven and knows dwarven interests best. Proselytize as you will among them.
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: March 02, 2013, 03:44:32 pm »

Dude, you can't just steal my people. This won't end well. Create your own, but don't take other people's stuff like that. You are asking for bad staff to happen to your god. Hell, I didn't even care that you are in the game or what god you are but this is just asking for harsh treatment. go to your own planet, create different species and do on; but anti-Udil cave paitings? This is meta as hell man. Even your behaviour and the date at which you joined B12 are fishy.
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 379