Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 379

Author Topic: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread  (Read 399833 times)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread
« Reply #3135 on: March 02, 2013, 05:33:20 pm »

Hey Aldemas gave me the power to communicate with others telepathically right?  Is there a distance limit on that?
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3136 on: March 02, 2013, 05:37:56 pm »

I have nothing against all that dwarf teleportating

my problem is that a God enters the Game with a hate already for a certain other god even before any IC happenings. Let me specify that for you. Even if you want to be the Dwarven God of Crating you have no idea on what is going on in the Universe the moment you enter. You know nothing of its history, nothing of its people and nothing of its gods. What you know is what you see,watch, read and get to know over talking.

Joining in and saying "I hate God A because he did B although i can't even have the slightest idea why" is not going to happen. Your god may very well be drawn by the Death of all those Craftsdwarves, but you are not sharing their memories nor do you know why they died or how.

So then I ask them. Enough of them are disillusioned by now, and terrified out of their wits at their ordeal that I'm sure to get a juicy tale filled with curses. Whether I know, or whether I ask, same difference. Even without the extra poke in the eye by carving anti-Udil proganda along the wallls, a large majority of these dwarves are probably fed up with marching around at the behest of a god that never builds anything for them that doesn't directly make them more deadly in battle.

Udil never spoke to them and told them anti-Az propaganda, either, because they weren't worth the effort of courting as actual beings with minds and free wills. They knew the score beneath their fearful obedience, as the recollection of Gren hints. What I'm writing is info any of them could remember. They'd also probably mention that scary God-king who jealously claims all of them.
The way's paved with knaves that I've horribly slain.
See me coming, better run for them hills.
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3137 on: March 02, 2013, 05:43:47 pm »

amount of metagame is going way overboard :(

I see no IC reasons for many, many recent acts

First... How the hell you all teleport, granting
major acts to Udil, when he is invisible for all gods? Or I missed destruction of that protection?

Second, why Overgod care about what happening on the one planet and some battle here when he is operating with galaxies? I see nothing in his character that would explain that... It stinks of OOC relationships...

Third, all that interest in dwarves... I understand it's Bay 12, but we have a shitloads of sentient creatures to care about...
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3138 on: March 02, 2013, 05:44:34 pm »

I don't know these people. You might be right about others, though.
The way's paved with knaves that I've horribly slain.
See me coming, better run for them hills.
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3139 on: March 02, 2013, 05:46:01 pm »

major acts to Udil, when he is invisible for all gods?
Or I missed destruction of that protection?

Second, why Overgod care about what happening on the one planet and some battle here when he is operating with galaxies? I see nothing in his character that would explain that... It stinks of OOC relationships...

Third, all that interest in dwarves... I understand it's Bay 12, but we have a shitloads of sentient creatures to care about...
I remember that! Sapt Golgo's 'blessing' shields him from ALL divine power - blessings as well as attacks.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3140 on: March 02, 2013, 05:48:53 pm »

major acts to Udil, when he is invisible for all gods? Or I missed destruction of that protection?

Like the Shades. Seaspawn. Crowborn. THE FREAKING HUMANS.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3141 on: March 02, 2013, 05:55:08 pm »

Your people? What have you done for them other than led them to your own puffed-up dreams of glory? Neyra has a better claim to these being "her people."
Their. But thank you.

You're just an upjumped mortal brute with no aesthetic taste. Even the small gifts that you bestowed on "your people" such as the rock of life and golem creation were really just ways to make the dwarves fight your wars of surface-dweller conquest better.
Aye. There's one thing, though: Udil is a "dwarf."

GWG, as Nelkathar your Maker Feros commanded you to save the Soultaken and not the Dwarves. Right now several hundred of them are propably dying in a godly battle between THaneos and Az-Sho also not really IC.
Really, he only said to save Soultaken? My bad; he wasn't mine at the time, I didn't bother remembering it too well.
And I daresay I have a pretty good IC reason to not like Udil. Feros made Nethalkar; Feros sees himself as a sort of continuation of Neyravah; Udil killed Neyravah. This was mentioned in my first post as Nethalkar, and in previous posts about him and (I think) by the previous Nethalkar.

The Same goes for Corvus. Though he has a IC reason for hating on Udil he certainly is not all knowing. The Aspect of Knowledge gains him no extra bonus points in that aspect aswell as THaneos doesn't gain a combat bonus from being the God of Might.
Wait, Corvus's knowledge of all things mortals know doesn't let him know what Udil has been plotting with the dwarves?

OVERGOD
WHY YOU DO DIS
Because you killed a LOT of people.
So punish Az-Sho. When the Justice League causes collateral damage, do they give The Joker, Lex Luthor, et all a big grant to attack the League? No, they...well, they should use that grant money to punish the League properly.
You're encouraging Udil to start more conflicts, which will lead to him attacking more people, which will lead to more deaths. Do you really want that?

Not everyone is, just the people who are getting into fights.
I suspect that I may be a big part of the reason, what with causing huge changes to the Ninth Continent and summoning the first Ascendant there and all, but Udil's contentious nature is also a big cause, what with attacking a bunch of people and all.

Anyways, Nethalkar is on the 9th, so he'll be dealing with its inhabitants for a bit.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3142 on: March 02, 2013, 05:57:30 pm »

on the matter of THaneos Teleporting Udil im, not really sure.

And Taricus iw ould prefer if you could give a proerp IC reasoning for killing Az-Sho/supporting THaneos /Udil

Gervassen. Even if you were born by the Death of thsoe Dwarves/attracted by it. They are dead. How do you know they came back to life and even more so how do you know where they are?
But apart from that point, that Udil thing is and stays metagamey. While i don't midn you teleporting and teaching the dwarves maybe evne make them worship you. I am opposed to your Anit Udil propaganda since its nothing more than metagaming.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3143 on: March 02, 2013, 06:00:57 pm »

How about if it was just brutally honest history? From Neyravah making the jungle and bringing the dwarves together for Udil, to all the gifts they got from various gods, to Udil attacking Neyravah and Az-Sho and the drakes and such.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3144 on: March 02, 2013, 06:01:14 pm »

Yes I went with the whole "Neyrevah is Nelkathar's Grandfather" thing.

What genders were Neyrevah anyway?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3145 on: March 02, 2013, 06:01:26 pm »

OVERGOD
WHY YOU DO DIS
I'm kinda nuking a dead horse here, but one last inquiry - why does the Overgod, a being that your character sheet itself says is flighty and capricious, and who created an entire galaxy with hundreds of billions of stars and planets, care about the sudden mass extinction of 60,000 dwarves on a planet in the ass end of nowhere, in retaliation for the suspiciously Hitlerish backstabbing of me?
When I say Hitlerish I in no way imply that Udil does, did, or will do what Hitler did, but rather that he acted similar if we cast Udil as Nazi Germany and I as Poland, only in this case Poland evacuates and nukes Germany, and then Britain (Thaneos) comes to kill the Polish leader for something he did once, and then the US gives Hitler super serum and empowers him to become a god even though their interests don't align.
Sig! Onol

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3146 on: March 02, 2013, 06:13:12 pm »

It is more like Japan and the US, GET YUR FACTZ STRATE!!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3147 on: March 02, 2013, 06:13:48 pm »

OVERGOD
WHY YOU DO DIS
I'm kinda nuking a dead horse here, but one last inquiry - why does the Overgod, a being that your character sheet itself says is flighty and capricious, and who created an entire galaxy with hundreds of billions of stars and planets, care about the sudden mass extinction of 60,000 dwarves on a planet in the ass end of nowhere, in retaliation for the suspiciously Hitlerish backstabbing of me?
When I say Hitlerish I in no way imply that Udil does, did, or will do what Hitler did, but rather that he acted similar if we cast Udil as Nazi Germany and I as Poland, only in this case Poland evacuates and nukes Germany, and then Britain (Thaneos) comes to kill the Polish leader for something he did once, and then the US gives Hitler super serum and empowers him to become a god even though their interests don't align.

Dude, nothing against you, but please use something else than Hitler-Poland references. I'm Polish and your comparisons are mocking history.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3148 on: March 02, 2013, 06:15:57 pm »

OVERGOD
WHY YOU DO DIS

Dude, nothing against you, but please use something else than Hitler-Poland references. I'm Polish and your comparisons are mocking history.
Yeah, sorry about that. My historical accuracy is in the negative at this point; I just can't think of a good analogy.
Again, sorry for the offense.
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3149 on: March 02, 2013, 06:17:20 pm »

What genders were Neyrevah anyway?
At least one was male. I'm not sure which one, nor if the other was as well.

OVERGOD
WHY YOU DO DIS
In that case, how about a Confederacy (in the American Civil War) who got support from Canada and Mexico, despite its threats on California?
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 379