Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 379

Author Topic: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread  (Read 400187 times)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread
« Reply #3165 on: March 02, 2013, 07:25:09 pm »

Eh well since the spire is up, I just need to access it.  After someone IC tells me about it of course...  Still probably going to contact you though.  You're the overgod, so you're sort of all knowing right?  Which means even though Corvus can't answer my question you can! :D  (please?)
im not even sure why you want to ascend to lesser Godhood so soon. Considering you Cease to Exist from lack of worship, and makes you a bigger target for other Gods

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3166 on: March 02, 2013, 07:29:48 pm »

on the matter of THaneos Teleporting Udil im, not really sure.

Udil contacted Thaneos first. He knew Thaneos was far from friendly with Az-Sho, since he watched the meeting of the gods.
From what I remember, there were no hostilities (apart from Udil killing Neverayah) at the godsmeet.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3167 on: March 02, 2013, 07:31:49 pm »

Actually, there was a small hostility between Vanida and Corvus. It was one-sided.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3168 on: March 02, 2013, 07:41:25 pm »

Eh well since the spire is up, I just need to access it.  After someone IC tells me about it of course...  Still probably going to contact you though.  You're the overgod, so you're sort of all knowing right?  Which means even though Corvus can't answer my question you can! :D  (please?)
im not even sure why you want to ascend to lesser Godhood so soon. Considering you Cease to Exist from lack of worship, and makes you a bigger target for other Gods
I want to create things!  Lots of things!  If ascendants could do that, then I probably wouldn't care so much about ascending but unfortunately only gods can create.  Anyway my first action as a god is going to be creating a new species completely devoted to me (the future god of evolution), so as long as I keep them breeding I'll be okay.  Oh and they're also going to be bringers of change that can speed up evolution in different organisms.  It'll be great and it'll add a lot of fun diversity to the game's current species populations.

Edit:  Hopefully if I'm careful about my allies and how I use my acts, I won't get eaten either.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 07:43:28 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3169 on: March 02, 2013, 07:46:19 pm »

Hmm, well if the god of knowledge won't answer me, there is another god who could still answer my question.  The strongest of all gods...  Traurig sends out a prayer to the overgod:

Power above all others, great Overgod please hear me!  Is there anyway for me to ascend?  Some artifact, location or person of power that could allow me to rise to lesser godhood?
*Facepalm*....
Our mortals know about Overgod existence....
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3170 on: March 02, 2013, 07:49:13 pm »

Hmm, well if the god of knowledge won't answer me, there is another god who could still answer my question.  The strongest of all gods...  Traurig sends out a prayer to the overgod:

Power above all others, great Overgod please hear me!  Is there anyway for me to ascend?  Some artifact, location or person of power that could allow me to rise to lesser godhood?
*Facepalm*....
Our mortals know about Overgod existence....
I don't even know what's happening anymore.
Sig! Onol

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3171 on: March 02, 2013, 07:50:07 pm »

Is that sarcasm?  I kind of figured most mortals would know of the overgod even if they didn't actually know much about him/her.

Edit: Xantalos, I'm just trying to find a way to peacefully ascend and the god of knowledge wouldn't answer me because he's sleeping so my guy is trying to ask the overgod.  I don't really get what the big deal is.

Double Edit: UR, from an OOC perspective I would think you would be a bit appreciative that my character is trying to ascend peacefully instead of killing a god.  IC, you're the god I'm most likely to attack just because Traurig feels abandoned and bitter towards you.

Third Edit: If it turns out my character wouldn't know about the overgod (Ghaz?), then I'll cross out that action and pretend it didn't happen but otherwise, I don't get why it's a big deal.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 07:55:50 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3172 on: March 02, 2013, 08:09:03 pm »

I'm just waiting to get in as the Younger God of Battle; personally fight some wars, slay beasts using an avatar, and duel some ascendants; because that would make some interesting History!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3173 on: March 02, 2013, 08:59:54 pm »

I did not know there was a tidal wave, although I suppose dropping a continent ~75 feet did that.
Well, that depends. Did you collapse the whole continent or just the interior?

So what? You're gods. You have Mighty Acts; why do you not fix the problem instead of blaming me for it when you can hold me accountable after the world is saved?
They didn't think of it until after people had gone past it?

And I gave Udil quite a lot - a home, technologies, protection from the ravages of the world ... admittedly I'm rather biased, but it seems to me that (IC) Udil is insatiable. Gratitude means nothing to him, nor does fellowship or peace.
IC, of course.
Same here, except Neyravah's dead and Their legacy almost gone.

Just realized IC, Traurig probably doesn't know about the spire.  I really want to use it though.
You mean the spire that got trashed by the Overgod? :P
OVERGOD WHYYYYYY!  You ascend Udil but not the peaceful seaspawn and then you destroy my greatest chance of ascending without bloodshed on my own?!?  Do I have to start going around slaughtering entire populations and murdering gods to get some freakin respect?!?! :P
I ECHO THIS SENTIMENT!
Seriously. I'm peaceful as Neyravah, I get killed. Corvus is peaceful, he gets driven off the planet for lack of worshipers and hatred of an ally. Why are Udil and other warlike beings being let to run amok, with nothing to stop them? Udil is being rewarded for picking a fight which lead to the near-destruction of his race. What kind of logic is this?

Edit: Ninja'd I see...  Never mind that rant, haha.  Anyway, I just want the tower to ascend along with GWG.  That and I want to create my first species with it (a species that progresses evolution because I want to be a god of evolution)  Anyway after that I'll leave it alone and not abuse the power.
I'd like...something similar, too. I've a plan which few would expect because I refuse to tell.

Actually, there was a small hostility between Vanida and Corvus. It was one-sided.
Wasn't that limited to words?

Double Edit: UR, from an OOC perspective I would think you would be a bit appreciative that my character is trying to ascend peacefully instead of killing a god.
But it's so...atypical! Everyone's supposed to be a horrible person if they don't want to be slain or exiled. Peaceful wallflowers are trampled.

I'm just waiting to get in as the Younger God of Battle; personally fight some wars, slay beasts using an avatar, and duel some ascendants; because that would make some interesting History!
How would that be different than what we have now?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3174 on: March 02, 2013, 09:02:31 pm »

I collapsed the tunnels underneath the continent, pulling it down by about 100 feet, squashing all the Underhomes.
Sig! Onol

Polypian

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't make me sting your ass.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3175 on: March 02, 2013, 09:05:33 pm »

Is there a waitlist? If so, how long is it?

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3176 on: March 02, 2013, 09:09:44 pm »

How would that be different than what we have now?
I wouldn't try to kill ascendants, Gods. I wouldn't War for Land, but for the thrill of it! I wouldn't be power hungry, but hungry for thrills!

Aka: I would make weapons, and Fight; but not with the aim to kill people! Although my followers would do otherwise.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 09:14:53 pm by javierpwn »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3177 on: March 02, 2013, 09:17:33 pm »

I collapsed the tunnels underneath the continent, pulling it down by about 100 feet, squashing all the Underhomes.
And where were those Underhomes? Mostly inland, or were there some right by the coast?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3178 on: March 02, 2013, 09:30:16 pm »

And where were those Underhomes? Mostly inland, or were there some right by the coast?
Inland, but I collapsed the tunnels under the whole continent in order to kill the coastal dwarves in case they decided to raise an army against me.
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3179 on: March 02, 2013, 09:39:05 pm »

Inland, but I collapsed the tunnels under the whole continent in order to kill the coastal dwarves in case they decided to raise an army against me.
You killed the coastal dwarves with that, too?
Yeah, tidal wave happened.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 379