Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 379

Author Topic: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread  (Read 400164 times)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread
« Reply #3735 on: March 05, 2013, 04:59:48 pm »

Anyway, yeah, not going to argue that they didn't have reason to really love him. I even understand why they happened to follow Udil. problem is, though I don't see him as a Marty Stu (as rediculous as he is, I'm pretty sure no-one would actually want to be him).

Also, Az, I have a question. Wouldn't Ao be pretty pissed at the person who, oh, locked him in a box? Who is currently in a coma? Completely incapable of defending himself to any decent degree?

Good that you asked, that will be made very clear at the end of this. I do feel like a bit of a jerk for the two ascendants though. But at the end of the day, the universe is in no shape for ascendants to survive; I will tentatively fix it up if someone spends that Mighty Act to restore me.

What? Did Az just completely edit his action with no warning for those at the Spire? I know he was going for the moon before.

It was pointed out that I couldn't attack the moon.
???  Ascendants are no more fragile than any other mortal and yet plenty of them are still living.  My guy just hasn't rolled well so far.  Anyway I'm hoping I won't die but my confidence in my character's ability to survive is rapidly diminishing.

Look on the bright side, gman. You're alive, and have a good target for some mortal-on-god vengeance. Someone's gonna take the job now that Udil's gone all godly.
Ardas/Udil was lucky with his ascension in that he at least had a clear enemy and a clear goal without having to worry about crazy overpowered gods that could kill anyone like Azthor can.  I don't even know what my guy's goals are besides "uniting the seaspawn" and "become a god" and even those goals aren't looking too great because:
a) Almost everything on the planet is dying out (hell the planet is dying)
b) Udil gained godly allies rather quickly which gave him the long term possibility of ascending along with short term benefits like nice weapons and armor - I don't have any allies now much less godly ones.  That doesn't mean I haven't tried, in fact I did have some godly allies throughout the game but people kept killing them.

Besides, revenge was Udil's thing not mine.  I mean, I did sort of set myself of for a revenge scenario earlier just in case I have to kill a god to ascend but I'd much rather do things a different way.  Anyway he is the Avatar of Wrath / God of Wrath.  If I acted the same way he did what would that make me besides another less interesting Udil.  I want my own characterization, I want to be a god of evolution.  Chances are not looking great now though.

Lastly, what do you even mean about having a good target for god vengeance?  I don't really have any enemies besides maybe Azthor for killing my ally but what chance would I have of killing a player with 21 acts?  Even with ascending, I doubt I would ever catch up.  Besides from an IC perspective, his character went crazy from being in jail, so my guy would probably forgive him if he apologized after regaining his sanity and maybe helped me bring my ally back to life or something.

So is GWG dead or not?  I feel sort of bad about all the dragons and drakes going extinct.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 05:08:53 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3736 on: March 05, 2013, 05:04:57 pm »

Anyways. So, do I actually get a chance to try something or am I dead no matter what, despite the fact that I should have been able to see the phoenix and decide that, gee, maybe the Spire isn't such a good idea?

His work done, Aodun sets for for Spire, intent on devouring anything in sight

Basic laws of physics indicate that if you could see him, he could see you.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3737 on: March 05, 2013, 05:06:32 pm »

gman8181, I think you really confused my (Aodun) and DigitalHellhound's (Sabt-Golga) posts there.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3738 on: March 05, 2013, 05:06:41 pm »

Maybe the dragon used his rocky skin as camouflage to blend in with the ground? :D

Edit: Yeah Azthor, my bad.  I'm going to edit that.
Sure thing peanut man!

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3739 on: March 05, 2013, 05:07:01 pm »

Hang on.

Wouldn't it be theoretically possible to bring a dead god back to the game via Mighty Act?

I think , but am not sure, that Ghazkull confirmed this early on. Of course it'll probably bound by rolls and such.
He didn't say anything about the dead being brought back. It'd probably work so any god brought back would be weaker, i.e Elder Gods brought back as Younger, Younger brought back as Ascendants, Ascendants brought back as mortals. Overgods....no.

This is assuming Ghazkull says yes to it.
pantheons can. Why can't the OverGod?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3740 on: March 05, 2013, 05:07:58 pm »

Ok, I'm confused.

A. Is GWG dead or not?
B. Is bringing dead gods back plausible?
C. Is Aodun still hunting Corvus down?
D. When is next turn coming?

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3741 on: March 05, 2013, 05:12:05 pm »

Alright, fixed up that post haha.  Not quite sure why I thought they were from the same person but I blame my migraine.
Sure thing peanut man!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3742 on: March 05, 2013, 05:14:39 pm »

Anyways. So, do I actually get a chance to try something or am I dead no matter what, despite the fact that I should have been able to see the phoenix and decide that, gee, maybe the Spire isn't such a good idea?
One problem.
Aodun is a giant glowing phoenix. This makes him conspicuous.
Nelkathar is a mountain in the shape of a dragon. The fact that he's made of rock makes him concealable.
Thus, Aodun is visible the moment the Spire comes over the horizon, while Nelkathar would need to approach more.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3743 on: March 05, 2013, 05:21:03 pm »

Does anything good happen if an ascendant sacrifices people to himself?
Sure thing peanut man!

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3744 on: March 05, 2013, 05:24:21 pm »

Angry people?
Bad reputation?

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3745 on: March 05, 2013, 05:25:00 pm »

Sure thing peanut man!

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3746 on: March 05, 2013, 05:40:44 pm »

One problem.
Aodun is a giant glowing phoenix. This makes him conspicuous.
Nelkathar is a mountain in the shape of a dragon. The fact that he's made of rock makes him concealable.
Thus, Aodun is visible the moment the Spire comes over the horizon, while Nelkathar would need to approach more.

Aodun is, however, an Elder God, and that makes all the difference.

Highly likely, though that'd take quite a massive sacrifice.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 05:43:46 pm by Azthor »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3747 on: March 05, 2013, 05:58:47 pm »

Aodun is, however, an Elder God, and that makes all the difference.

Not anymore, the below happened recently.

the former Elder God of Order had turned into the Younger God of Chaos.

Link: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121907.msg4077242;topicseen#msg4077242

And that gives me hope that my plan might work.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3748 on: March 05, 2013, 06:01:59 pm »

He used an act to turn himself back to an elder god.
Sure thing peanut man!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3749 on: March 05, 2013, 06:02:53 pm »

I still want to see this. If it doesn't work, then I'm fucked to hell unless he decides to feed on Feros or Traurig. If it does, then I'm safe for another day.
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 379