Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 379

Author Topic: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread  (Read 399819 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread
« Reply #3885 on: March 06, 2013, 07:49:04 pm »

Sphere: Weather
Appearance: Procella appears to be a tall, graceful young woman. She has vermilion eyes, yellow skin, and white, cloudlike hair. Procella is graceful and wears a simple uniform made of bird feathers and frog skins. She wears assorted pieces of jewelry and carries a crosbow. Procella is always surrounded by clouds.
Description: Procella is a moody goddess of extreme passions. She tends to be wrathful and merciless to those who anger her, but loving and devoted to those she likes. She is also a little bit arrogant, but willing to admit another as her better if beaten in a fair contest of some sort (assuming the contest is relevant to whatever she's admitting being worse at, of course). Procella empathizes with mortals and manifests among them fairly often when she can do so safely, appearing as a female of the normal race (always with green eyes).
That reminds me someone....
Oh, dear. Who?
It might be the OTHER goddess who is admittedly fond of mortals,  temperamental, rash, and always appears as a female.
*COUGH*vanida*COUGH*
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3886 on: March 06, 2013, 07:55:26 pm »

I know how to make your god stick out.  Have her absolutely despise mortals but need them for worship because she is a younger god.  Thus it creates a paradoxical relationship of need and hatred that only goes to further fuel her contempt for the people of the world.  She would also dislike other gods most likely because of the "surprising" similarity they have with mortal personalities.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3887 on: March 06, 2013, 07:58:46 pm »

So a reluctant cooperators in a pantheon? I like it.
Have her consider mortals crude and unrefined of this happens.
Sig! Onol

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3888 on: March 06, 2013, 08:06:45 pm »

She would also dislike other gods most likely because of the "surprising" similarity they have with mortal personalities.

I am visualizing Kar'lan as emotionless due to being a judge of souls, and needing to be imparital due to that.  I can't think of a mortal with that personality.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3889 on: March 06, 2013, 08:07:56 pm »

She would also dislike other gods most likely because of the "surprising" similarity they have with mortal personalities.

I am visualizing Kar'lan as emotionless due to being a judge of souls, and needing to be imparital due to that.  I can't think of a mortal with that personality.
There are plenty.
Sig! Onol

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3890 on: March 06, 2013, 08:11:58 pm »

Yeah I can think of quite a few people on a personal level that at least outwardly appear pretty emotionless.  Anyway even if you assume she doesn't see any similarities in your god, there are still plenty of other gods with mortal personality tendencies.  I mean we're all humans role playing these characters, so how could they not have at least some human personality to them?
Sure thing peanut man!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3891 on: March 06, 2013, 08:13:10 pm »

Yeah I can think of quite a few people on a personal level that at least outwardly appear pretty emotionless.  Anyway even if you assume she doesn't see any similarities in your god, there are still plenty of other gods with mortal personality tendencies.  I mean we're all humans role playing these characters, so how could they not have at least some human personality to them?
There's your problem.
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3892 on: March 06, 2013, 08:22:49 pm »

Sphere: Weather
Appearance: Procella appears to be a tall, graceful young woman. She has vermilion eyes, yellow skin, and white, cloudlike hair. Procella is graceful and wears a simple uniform made of bird feathers and frog skins. She wears assorted pieces of jewelry and carries a crosbow. Procella is always surrounded by clouds.
Description: Procella is a moody goddess of extreme passions. She tends to be wrathful and merciless to those who anger her, but loving and devoted to those she likes. She is also a little bit arrogant, but willing to admit another as her better if beaten in a fair contest of some sort (assuming the contest is relevant to whatever she's admitting being worse at, of course). Procella empathizes with mortals and manifests among them fairly often when she can do so safely, appearing as a female of the normal race (always with green eyes).
That reminds me someone....
Oh, dear. Who?
It might be the OTHER goddess who is admittedly fond of mortals,  temperamental, rash, and always appears as a female.
*COUGH*vanida*COUGH*
Dag nabit.

I know how to make your god stick out.  Have her absolutely despise mortals but need them for worship because she is a younger god.  Thus it creates a paradoxical relationship of need and hatred that only goes to further fuel her contempt for the people of the world.  She would also dislike other gods most likely because of the "surprising" similarity they have with mortal personalities.
Well, I was hoping to play the one bastion of kindness, morality, and so forth in a sea of violence and cruelty...

Well then, back to the modification board.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3893 on: March 06, 2013, 08:24:22 pm »

Alternatively, have her see mortals as more interesting than the gods, and more accepting of her gifts (weather).
Sig! Onol

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3894 on: March 06, 2013, 08:29:04 pm »

Alternatively, have her see mortals as more interesting than the gods, and more accepting of her gifts (weather).

Yeah you could differentiate yourself from Vanida by actually treating mortals kindly because you care for them and not just making babies with them and then running off to enjoy your freedom.  So in other words a more responsible version of Vanida maybe?  Less lust and more motherly affection?

Then again being a nice god didn't work out for you so great last time did it...  Maybe you're better off just being a selfish jerk this time around.
Sure thing peanut man!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3895 on: March 06, 2013, 08:37:01 pm »

There's already plenty of selfish jerks, thank you very much. Actually caring about mortals...I thought I had that, but I might as well make it a more notable and central part of Procella's character.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3896 on: March 06, 2013, 08:38:50 pm »

You did have that.  It just wasn't as emphasized as it could have been considering you want to try and stand apart from a somewhat similar god(dess).
Sure thing peanut man!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3897 on: March 06, 2013, 08:40:54 pm »

You did have that.  It just wasn't as emphasized as it could have been considering you want to try and stand apart from a somewhat similar god(dess).
Although Vanida is more about personal freedom.
As in her freedom.
Sig! Onol

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3898 on: March 06, 2013, 10:01:46 pm »

Furthermore the Pantheon can burn 5 Acts to prevent the complete Death of the God. What happens then to him you ask? That depends on how he was killed and how you intend to safe him.
Preventing death isn't bringing someone back to life. The former includes CPR, the latter includes Jesus.

A Key word there was killed, suggesting that he was already dead
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3899 on: March 06, 2013, 10:11:11 pm »

Furthermore the Pantheon can burn 5 Acts to prevent the complete Death of the God. What happens then to him you ask? That depends on how he was killed and how you intend to safe him.
Preventing death isn't bringing someone back to life. The former includes CPR, the latter includes Jesus.
A Key word there was killed, suggesting that he was already dead
The way I read it is, "how he would have been killed," which makes more sense to me than shoehorning "prevent" to mean "undo."
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 379