Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 379

Author Topic: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread  (Read 401785 times)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread
« Reply #3870 on: March 06, 2013, 07:05:52 pm »

It discusses pantheons spending acts to prevent the death of a god.  I didn't see anything about bringing a god back to life.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3871 on: March 06, 2013, 07:06:37 pm »

Furthermore the Pantheon can burn 5 Acts to prevent the complete Death of the God. What happens then to him you ask? That depends on how he was killed and how you intend to safe him.

Closest thing in the description.

Gman, when did you become the god of ninjas?

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3872 on: March 06, 2013, 07:07:48 pm »

The Younger God. There are no restrictions as to how many players play them.
Younger Gods play pretty similiar to the usual Gods of Godhood.

Summary
Younger Gods are born if a particularly strong tenant is created. If for example somebody discovers Agriculture soon some Mortals will believe that there is a god of Fertility and pray to it.
This causes the God to wink into existance. Belief is the Strength and the Weakness of the Younger God. His believers grant him his powers but when they cease to pray to him he slowly withers away as he loses his power.

When a Younger God comes into existance his mere creation grants him the power of one Mighty Act. From there on out he is totally reliant on his believers for Acts. As the Number of Mortals grow so does the power of the Younger God.

While this may all be well and good a Younger God only gets Normal Acts from this. To get the power of the Elder Gods however he needs Mighty Acts. He gets them by founding a Pantheon together with other Younger Gods. When a Pantheon has enough followers to gain 5 Acts per Turn, it gets 1 Mighty Act. This one they can use as they see fit. Even more useful aslong as Younger Gods are allied in a Pantheon they are safe from the predations of the Elder Gods. While they still can be killed the Pantheon gains the acts of the Dying God and not his killer. Furthermore the Pantheon can burn 5 Acts to prevent the complete Death of the God. What happens then to him you ask? That depends on how he was killed and how you intend to safe him.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 07:09:36 pm by Deny »
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3873 on: March 06, 2013, 07:10:08 pm »

A pity Az-sho's Pantheon dissolved for no good reason.

Not that it was that powerful...

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3874 on: March 06, 2013, 07:13:35 pm »

Not that it was that powerful...
It was, however, the only one at the time and possibly the only chance of survival for the gods of today.
Udil.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3875 on: March 06, 2013, 07:14:16 pm »

Gman, when did you become the god of ninjas?
Sorry, I can't help it.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3876 on: March 06, 2013, 07:24:03 pm »

Furthermore the Pantheon can burn 5 Acts to prevent the complete Death of the God. What happens then to him you ask? That depends on how he was killed and how you intend to safe him.
Preventing death isn't bringing someone back to life. The former includes CPR, the latter includes Jesus.

Other than the fact that one of the gods rebelled from the other two and killed one of them, yeah.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3877 on: March 06, 2013, 07:25:40 pm »

Udil didn't kill me, though. That was my fellow Ancient Thaneos.
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3878 on: March 06, 2013, 07:33:30 pm »

And who brought Thaneos to...wait, Az-Sho was an Ancient? I thought he was an Elder God.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3879 on: March 06, 2013, 07:34:40 pm »

And who brought Thaneos to...wait, Az-Sho was an Ancient? I thought he was an Elder God.
If I was an Elder God, I would have torn Udil to pieces. I didn't have any mighty acts, unfortunately.
Sig! Onol

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3880 on: March 06, 2013, 07:35:37 pm »

You know, the farming thing was a flimsy justification for booting Corvus out of the Pantheon.

The Children never had farming, although the Emeraldhome dwarves did.

Ghaz never said otherwise until it was time to be mean to Corvus.

Sorry, that, along with the abomination that was the younger god of darkness just bothers me.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3881 on: March 06, 2013, 07:40:26 pm »

Technically, Elder Gods consume Corpses.  Corvus just kinda ate my essence, and left the corpse to contaminate the 4th continent.
Seeing as my corpse still exists, but has no power; empowering the corpse could bring me back.(But at ascendent level strength, and I only just died this turn.)

So if you think about it that way, I could be brought back. But it shall be Ghaz's decision. If not, ill just come in as a God of Battles.

I'm no abomination! GMAN IS!!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3882 on: March 06, 2013, 07:40:59 pm »

Was.
Or is he still alive?
Sig! Onol

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3883 on: March 06, 2013, 07:44:18 pm »

Sphere: Weather
Appearance: Procella appears to be a tall, graceful young woman. She has vermilion eyes, yellow skin, and white, cloudlike hair. Procella is graceful and wears a simple uniform made of bird feathers and frog skins. She wears assorted pieces of jewelry and carries a crosbow. Procella is always surrounded by clouds.
Description: Procella is a moody goddess of extreme passions. She tends to be wrathful and merciless to those who anger her, but loving and devoted to those she likes. She is also a little bit arrogant, but willing to admit another as her better if beaten in a fair contest of some sort (assuming the contest is relevant to whatever she's admitting being worse at, of course). Procella empathizes with mortals and manifests among them fairly often when she can do so safely, appearing as a female of the normal race (always with green eyes).
That reminds me someone....
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3884 on: March 06, 2013, 07:47:16 pm »

Sphere: Weather
Appearance: Procella appears to be a tall, graceful young woman. She has vermilion eyes, yellow skin, and white, cloudlike hair. Procella is graceful and wears a simple uniform made of bird feathers and frog skins. She wears assorted pieces of jewelry and carries a crosbow. Procella is always surrounded by clouds.
Description: Procella is a moody goddess of extreme passions. She tends to be wrathful and merciless to those who anger her, but loving and devoted to those she likes. She is also a little bit arrogant, but willing to admit another as her better if beaten in a fair contest of some sort (assuming the contest is relevant to whatever she's admitting being worse at, of course). Procella empathizes with mortals and manifests among them fairly often when she can do so safely, appearing as a female of the normal race (always with green eyes).
That reminds me someone....
Oh, dear. Who?
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 379