Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 379

Author Topic: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread  (Read 400181 times)

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread
« Reply #4335 on: March 09, 2013, 07:58:51 am »

Clicked on the play thread and skimmed the last few pages, saw Udil is now Udil-Volondor or something, so I re-instated my intro to Volodor in the main play thread. But not my contentious first Act, heheh. Didn't think he'd be used afterward. Godspeed!
The way's paved with knaves that I've horribly slain.
See me coming, better run for them hills.
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4336 on: March 09, 2013, 08:03:13 am »

GreatWyrmGold, I feel this is very VERY important to note.

I succeeded. The Devourer is imprisoned. So yeah. As far as 'successful gods' go? Im right up there.
I made that comment before noticing that, and
Unless his RetCon works, in which case no, you didn't succeed.
And even if it doesn't, he'll try again. Probably with you as the target.

In truth, its possible he can snipe me with that Timebound act
And that's only a good outcome from a very specific point of view.

So at this point the entire world is dead.
Not quite, I'm pretty sure there are those trees in that jungle where Neyravah died which are somehow still alive, presumably due to the magic imbued by Neyravah's death.

1 act  Teleport the wyrms, and, if possible,  any other life  from Sychasis to Eversummer (wyrms is first priority, other life forms is the second if any power is left )
Oh yeah, this will end REALLY well. Teleport them from the Death Star to the Dying Planet.
well, considering they survived on Sychachis without problems, they should do fine on Despair too.
Why?
Have you missed the bit about how JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING ON DESPAIR IS DYING OR DOOMED?

...As such, he took his pattern, and made a few chances, irrevocably connecting the Cosmic engine and his soul, so that when he died, so would the Engine, and the universe with it.
I'm not even going to bother with sarcasm. THIS IS A BAD IDEA.
For one thing, it assumes that the gods who would want to kill you would be stopped by a little thing like ripping a new Void open.
Actually, just ripping the old void further open. And besides, that's not the IC reason, which is that if I can't have my unstable reactor of deadly doom, nobody can.
Hm. Well, still.

Wait. Is Un crossing his own time stream? Wouldn't that cause paradoxes and general universe-fucking-over?
*nods nervously*
Dammit Derm...wait wrong guy.
Actually, it depends on the linearity of time and the exact mechanics of time travel.
He's sure trying to risk a time paradox.

Oh, and I hope I get in soon. All this for a game I'm not even playing?
You know, constantly asking to be let in might not be the best thing to do.
...True.

Also: Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay away from everyone else ever so it's not like you have to worry about me screwing anything up.
YOU FOOL! YOU'VE DOOMED US ALL!

Clicked on the play thread and skimmed the last few pages, saw Udil is now Udil-Volondor or something, so I re-instated my intro to Volodor in the main play thread. But not my contentious first Act, heheh. Didn't think he'd be used afterward. Godspeed!
I KNEW Volodor was another god!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4337 on: March 09, 2013, 08:30:46 am »

Not quite, I'm pretty sure there are those trees in that jungle where Neyravah died which are somehow still alive, presumably due to the magic imbued by Neyravah's death.
Also, the plump helmets are doing well too.

1 act  Teleport the wyrms, and, if possible,  any other life  from Sychasis to Eversummer (wyrms is first priority, other life forms is the second if any power is left )
Oh yeah, this will end REALLY well. Teleport them from the Death Star to the Dying Planet.
well, considering they survived on Sychachis without problems, they should do fine on Despair too.
Why?
Have you missed the bit about how JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING ON DESPAIR IS DYING OR DOOMED?
Not everything the GM says is a 100% unturnable truth. Things are looking bleak for despair, but I doubt everything'll die out. You got Neyravah's corpse Jungle, some remaining fortresses, the magical plump helmets, and quite a lot of other things. Pretty much anything running or magic or dependant on it.

And the Wyrms survived on Sychachis, which if I recall correctly didn't have an biosphere nor athmosphere perfectly fine. They'd do well on Despair. The Cold and abundance of water might be slightly problematic, but if they stay in the burning parts everything is fine.

Wait. Is Un crossing his own time stream? Wouldn't that cause paradoxes and general universe-fucking-over?
*nods nervously*
Actually, it depends on the linearity of time and the exact mechanics of time travel.
Hence, if there's a nonlinearity of time you'd end up with a variation of concurrent timestreams. Ie, stream A from which the timetravel originated, and stream B, where the timetraveller arrived. Since these are mostly seperate universes, the original timestream would remained unchanged, meaning that the beast doesn't magically poof away.

Doubt we're going with that though, as such a system is like to generate duplicates, which in evidence of previous timetravel didn't happen.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4338 on: March 09, 2013, 08:33:29 am »

I'm pretty sure Vanida crashlanding on Sychasis also gave it an atmosphere. If anything remains after Sychasis goes whoooooum-zhuuuuum is another question.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4339 on: March 09, 2013, 08:44:01 am »

Also, the plump helmets are doing well too.
For now, but Ghaz mentioned that they can't subsist on waste forever (nice nod to how fungi work IRL there--they don't make energy out of nothing). They'll last for a while, but work as well as a perpetual motion machine in the long run.

Why?
Not everything the GM says is a 100% unturnable truth. Things are looking bleak for despair, but I doubt everything'll die out. You got Neyravah's corpse Jungle, some remaining fortresses, the magical plump helmets, and quite a lot of other things. Pretty much anything running or magic or dependant on it.
The fortresses don't have sustainable food, Ghaz mentioned at some point that the plump helmets need reasonably fresh organic material to live, and what else is there which makes food?

And the Wyrms survived on Sychachis, which if I recall correctly didn't have an biosphere nor athmosphere perfectly fine. They'd do well on Despair. The Cold and abundance of water might be slightly problematic, but if they stay in the burning parts everything is fine.
Suchachis didn't have an atmosphere or anything?

*nods nervously*
Hence, if there's a nonlinearity of time you'd end up with a variation of concurrent timestreams. Ie, stream A from which the timetravel originated, and stream B, where the timetraveller arrived. Since these are mostly seperate universes, the original timestream would remained unchanged, meaning that the beast doesn't magically poof away.
Unless we're playing in B, of course.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4340 on: March 09, 2013, 08:57:45 am »

I was talking about the flying ones, that have magically growing plants.

As for the timetravel thingy:
Our timetraveler dissappears in A and ends up in B. THough it works the other way around too. That doesn't appears to be the case, as it would result in either duplicate dwarves (In B), or missing dwarves (In A)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4341 on: March 09, 2013, 09:17:47 am »

I was talking about the flying ones, that have magically growing plants.
Ah. They do?
And isn't someone destroying them?

As for the timetravel thingy:
Our timetraveler dissappears in A and ends up in B. THough it works the other way around too. That doesn't appears to be the case, as it would result in either duplicate dwarves (In B), or missing dwarves (In A)
The results all depend on which timeline we end up playing.
Sig

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4342 on: March 09, 2013, 10:31:44 am »

Since I might as well, what would any of you say to me incorporating Az-Sho, Neyravah and Vanida? I'm looking to turn my mod into a fantasy kitchen sink.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4343 on: March 09, 2013, 10:43:05 am »

On A side note , no back time travel and sorry Xantalos but your gambit is not gonna work.

The Prison is made from Three Mighty Acts and immune to any and all weapons. To break free there are several possibilities:

a) Some God from outside uses 4 Mighty Acts to open the prison
b) Udil or Taerai decide to free you
c) Somehow a mortal manages to get into the Prison and survives the countless traps inside

otherwise no getting free. Aodun had to wait for Udil to free him.

In other News: I think the it takes several dozen generations till the earth runs out of substrate for the plump helmets so the Dwarfs will survive for a whole long time.And while the surface may slowls turn uninhabitable doesn't mean that nature doesn't adapt.

Also: The Father's Halls are made from Two Mighty Acts, i have ruled that while Vanida might throw it around she can't destroy it that way...it may very well kill Gren but afterwards she will have to deal with thousands of angry demigods.

AlsoAlso: Teleporting people around against their will (especially beings like the Fire Giants who just lived fine on the burnt 4th Continent) will have severe repercussion. Mortals are not mere playthings and will not just adapt to whatever you think they will. Especially as rapdily as you try to press order on things it will not go without Social Tensions. (pointing at the Human-Crowborn-Eldtun relations on the Corvid Moon) don't take the mortals to lightly, Thaneos did it and now he's dead.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4344 on: March 09, 2013, 10:45:26 am »

What humans?

Dude, only the Crowborn and the Fire Giants are on the Moon, and they're under Aur-Sha's command, not mine.  Even then, the Crowborn are the majority; I teleported around a dozen Fire Giants, so any potential war is getting quelled quickly by both godly intervention and Ravenguard intervention.

I encouraged the Crowborn to welcome them as they will, I didn't enforce 'make-nice' on the Crowborn.

Also, I had to because Aur-Sha told Corvus she wanted to bring some of her brothers on to the moon, so she can do what she likes with them, as long as they don't kill the Crowborn too much. Also, mini-Earth and all, so they can find themselves another continent away from Ravenas if they don't like the Crowborn.

I expect some fights, but both sides will have to adjust, because if they don't then I'm booting the offending firestarters (no pun intended) off the Moon.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 10:51:19 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4345 on: March 09, 2013, 10:58:38 am »

A) No Mortal usually belongs to anyone so they are usually not to command by you...exemptions are your worshippers of course. the Firegiants are neither Aur-Sha's brothers nor do they necessarily like her even less so they will like being forcibly removed from their home on the 4th.

B) Fire Giants are Demigods. A Dozen of them are well enough to bring down a overly overbearing god. And a dozen are also well enough to bring down mere sentients like the Ravenguard. You have fifty thousand Crowborn..roughly a thousand of them are Ravenguard. Now match a thousand Green Soldiers with weapons of iron against hulking Fire Giants...the result is obvious.

I'm not saying that it will come to outright war...although that may very well be within possibilities. What i am saying is that Social Tensions will occur. Just think about how many people react on the trickle of refugees from wartorn countries here on earth.

People are already pissed off. And that is in a Modern-Age, high-tech prosperous Country with Human Rights...now think on how people will react on a flood of refugees of another species, with different culture,language and so on in a Medieval Age City without anything like Human Rights.

Expect more than tensions...

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4346 on: March 09, 2013, 11:08:09 am »

If that happens, I deeply wonder how Fire Giants react to the vacuum of space.

Also, different continents. Unless somehow the Crowborn spread to every continent on the Moon without making a single city.

Actually, that reminds me. I never lowered the barrier to the Fire Giants, did I?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 11:11:52 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4347 on: March 09, 2013, 11:13:03 am »

A bit late for that, Elf. You must've allowed the Fire Giants on to allow them to live on the moon.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4348 on: March 09, 2013, 11:15:28 am »

Eh, they're still on a different continent. By the time the Crowborn meet them we'll have proper diplomacy ready and I can just boot them out into space and shut the door. They're demi-gods, so still mortal.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4349 on: March 09, 2013, 11:20:57 am »

Interesting Question Elf, Science would dictate that they extinguish their flames...on the other hand their magical beings...magical godlike beings...so whether lack of oxygen will hamper them is quesitonable...
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 379