Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 379

Author Topic: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread  (Read 400153 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread
« Reply #5610 on: April 10, 2013, 08:08:20 pm »

Come on guys, no need to hate on Udil. Just submit to him and all will be well.
Wouldn't that kind of make the game boring?
There would be intense fighting against his rule.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5611 on: April 10, 2013, 08:12:11 pm »

No way you can be serious. Heck, the "Submit or die!" thing is a major reason for his hatedom.

Winning is never boring.
1. Yes it is, silly
2. He meant for us, "stupid".
3. Revenge!

Quote from: Javier
It can be fast!
Sometimes, but it's still in steps.

And it wouldn't work well until we discovered his heat exhaust thingy before he discovers the manhole cover.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #5612 on: April 10, 2013, 08:14:03 pm »

Tangential: how did I not get a SINGLE ACT from the power of a whole star, AND a century's worth of betrayers stuck in the ring?
Also, though I'm sure it's probably because "Lol GM fiat" which is fine, but how did the fleet find my system when by definition my system can't be found unless you literally stumble across it despite the fact that it's quite literally in the ass-end of nowhere?
because "Lol GM fiat"
Just wanting to make sure, dude.
Well, seeing how Udil started a new family and will pass on the traits that secured him the godhood, I'd say thats evolution at work.
Even accepting this as true, which I don't, and assuming gods reproduce in a normal way, which is probable, Udil himself isn't evolved. The changes were not caused by any remotely natural process; it's more proper to say that labradoodles evolved than Udil.
Technically they did, it was simply because of artificial selection, not natural. Still evolution.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5613 on: April 10, 2013, 08:14:51 pm »

Winning is never boring.

Winning is fun until you realize that having won, there is absolutely nothing left to do.  Game Over.  Hope you enjoy staring at the credits.

That's why I always make sure to drag out the victory over as long a period as possible.  Savor every last minute of it.  Sometimes it backfires and you end up losing when you could have won but hey, at least you had more fun doing it.

With all the gods on his side, any fighting would be easily crushed.  Unless there is an enemy that poses a threat to the gods (demons)?  Still, that would mean that he had not in fact "won" the game.

And it would still be considerably less interesting for all of us underneath him, just doing whatever he says.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5614 on: April 10, 2013, 08:48:28 pm »

Tangential: how did I not get a SINGLE ACT from the power of a whole star, AND a century's worth of betrayers stuck in the ring?
Also, though I'm sure it's probably because "Lol GM fiat" which is fine, but how did the fleet find my system when by definition my system can't be found unless you literally stumble across it despite the fact that it's quite literally in the ass-end of nowhere?
because "Lol GM fiat"
Just wanting to make sure, dude.
Just the latest volley in my siege on Ft. Fiat.

Well, seeing how Udil started a new family and will pass on the traits that secured him the godhood, I'd say thats evolution at work.
Even accepting this as true, which I don't, and assuming gods reproduce in a normal way, which is probable, Udil himself isn't evolved. The changes were not caused by any remotely natural process; it's more proper to say that labradoodles evolved than Udil.
Technically they did, it was simply because of artificial selection, not natural. Still evolution.
Aware, although it's obviously a bit different since it's a crossbreed, and my point was that Udil wasn't evolved.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5615 on: April 11, 2013, 12:20:32 am »

Come on now, Xantalos. Udil's betrayal was obvious from the moment he came into the game. Ambitious little devil. I wouldn't have helped him if I hadn't known he had a deicidal streak.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5616 on: April 11, 2013, 12:22:09 am »

Come on now, Xantalos. Udil's betrayal was obvious from the moment he came into the game. Ambitious little devil. I wouldn't have helped him if I hadn't known he had a deicidal streak.
I knew that, which was why I aided him do I wouldn't have to bother with him going after me.
And then he did.
For no apparent reason.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5617 on: April 11, 2013, 03:32:34 am »

Don't be coy now, you only egged me on in the early game and were all too happy to see me reap. If I recall correctly you were the one who took majority of Neyravah's energy after I did my first god kill.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5618 on: April 11, 2013, 04:53:23 am »

GWG you have not been ignored, i merely hadn't time to answer. Some of us are living in different time zones. When you posted it was 3 am in the morning for me so give me a break there.

Next, you didn't get in because i dont want even more gods. Pantheon has become a clusterfuck and as you hopefully noticed its drifting in game towards the end of times, since i want to bring this to an end before it dies off alone and forgotten in a lonely corner, so nope i didn't let you in because i dont like you or because i like to ignore yours and elfs wishes but because i want to bring it to an end. Besides Elf never explicitly stated whether he wants you to play or Aldemas to consume him.

Next point ragnarok,Since you hooked up your believers with Kar'lans afterlife he gets the power for it, if you want power for an afterlife you have to pay acts for it. And so far i gathered it that Kar'lan is the God of Death in your pantheon thus he gets to wring the souls for power since among the living gods of death usually dont get much worship. Concerning the unkown fleet, they have successfully made an entry into the universe and can pierce the Aether at will something mortals are usually unable to do. Don't forget outside the universe is a formless chaos, every mortal leaving the universe would invariably die. This means either they have a god with them or have such incredible technology that it isn't a problem for them to pierce your veil. Maybe they have technology so far evolved that it beats most godly powers...who knows? You have to find out yourself.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5619 on: April 11, 2013, 05:01:27 am »

Gm explanation:Cannot be explained.
How ironic... :P

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #5620 on: April 11, 2013, 07:18:18 am »

Well, I can accept them having some sort of handwavium that lets them see us, I suppose.

But if I can't do ANYTHING with my followers, then the Exalted wouldn't exist, and even without the ones I stuck in the ring, I still have the energy of the star itself being absorbed...

and if I CAN do things with my followers' souls, then why aren't the ones in the ring actually doing... anything?
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5621 on: April 11, 2013, 07:20:29 am »

Because they don't truly care for you? :P
Give them commands or something.

Also, I wonder if I can still bypass your shield.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #5622 on: April 11, 2013, 07:26:24 am »

Considering that I never gave any special exemption from anyone insofar as not being able to see/detect it goes, not even Corvus?

Nope.

You'd need to find it again, just like everyone else. Hell, Corvus never actually LEFT, so he wouldn't know exactly where it is in the first place.

Also I DID do something with them. I put them in the ring where their souls will be constantly farmed for JUST enough energy that they don't disperse to nothing, then left to regenerate back to full, and then have the excess absorbed again.

True, if my religion follows my general principles even in a general sense, then there aren't many of them, but given how shit went between turns? NOT LIKELY.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 07:28:54 am by ragnarok97071 »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5623 on: April 11, 2013, 07:57:15 am »

Don't be coy now, you only egged me on in the early game and were all too happy to see me reap. If I recall correctly you were the one who took majority of Neyravah's energy after I did my first god kill.

Well yes, that's my point. Udil was a good investment and I happily gave him a boost towards a great future. But I did do this from orbit. You can never be too sure.

Plus, I finished Neyravah off. Teamwork!

((Okay, IC Sabt Golgo didn't even consider Udil could pose a threat to her alone.))
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5624 on: April 11, 2013, 08:05:22 am »

the ones in the ring are doing their job just fine but those outsiders have something that allows them to ignore that...something i won't explain now simply because none of you knows icly anything about them and telling you OOCly would take away some fun about finding out.

Anyhow, the matter still stands unless otherwise stated Energy of Dead Souls go to Kar'lan due to him being God of Death and creating the afterlife

you just jumped on the train and used his afterlife to sort out your souls. Those sent to the ring can't be used for anything due to them powering it and the others are Exalted.
Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 379