Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5773 5774 [5775] 5776 5777 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8793966 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #86610 on: January 08, 2015, 09:48:57 am »

it really makes me sad that people do not understand basic internent posting content security to the point where I'm looked at as odd for asking not to be quoted.

You have no idea the HUGE number of people who have gotten pissed at me when the prosecution or other side use a facebook post THEY made against them. I've had them sit there and scream in disbelief and outrage that they're going to sue for invasion of privacy. I then tell them that it isn't invasion of privacy becau... and they cut me off forcible insisting that it is..... I was about to explain why it isn't and they just look at me like I have a fucking alien growing out of my forehead.

What people think/want means absolutely jack shit. The prosecution absolutely does accept it when your "friends" turn in a post you made on facebook. I've seen it waaaay too many times. It is real and people's shock and demanding insistence does not a legal argument make, and I'm not the reason it's like this so them getting pissed at me just lowers my opinion of them further.....

Please be mindful of what you post. It is possible to be annon online but you probably don't know enough to do it right where they'd have any difficulty breaking it. Why make it easy for them. See also "selfies" I.E self serve government / corporate "survey lance...."

You do not know what you think you know, and I'm posting this to inform you.... They can do a shitload more than you realize. Certain person thought he was anon.... The government did not. and they got the owner of a certain website prohibited from being talked about by rule 1 and rule 2 to testify on that fact.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 09:58:10 am by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86611 on: January 08, 2015, 09:55:07 am »

@Truean
I imagine a lot of peoples confusion may come from not knowing what you do for a living?
I know I'm really lax with posting security, but I tend not to post things that will get me in trouble. At most, one or two people may be minorly pissed when I rant about them, but even then I think I tend to keep it vague.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86612 on: January 08, 2015, 09:56:48 am »

Truean's sig kinda clears up Both of those questions.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86613 on: January 08, 2015, 09:58:16 am »

But who really reads sigs? I mean, most people just drop a few choice quotes or things, so I know I rarely if ever check.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86614 on: January 08, 2015, 09:59:36 am »

tru dear, i'm fairly sure toady will not chastise you if you use methods which allow yourself to remain anonymous on the internet evidence-wise

now i understand that the harm's already been done in that you can't just rework this account to work with that because the ips will still be there? but to be honest somebody who makes a post about posting security and has been witness to this many things has no reason not to partake in appropriate measures themselves

speaking of, can you list what'd be okayishly secure for our friends here? i'm fairly sure i'm too paranoid for others to use my methods casually

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86615 on: January 08, 2015, 10:16:58 am »

Case File Testimony

When you say 'Owner of a certain website prohibited from being talked about'
Does this mean that we can't now discuss that specific testimony now?

Hah, what am I talking about, I'm not an American Citizen.

So tl;dr, Moot (4chan) was brought in to testify, the FBI pulled the IP of a suspect and sent it to Moot, Moot co-incided that IP with logs of a recently-banned person, and then sent back those logs to the FBI?
After reading the whole thing, I still don't know what the accusation is.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #86616 on: January 08, 2015, 10:20:39 am »

Us v Kernell, The Sarah Palin email hacking case. I thought it would be a CP case but the Google sure fooled me. Also the Feds trying to define chanspeak with Moot was Topkek
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86617 on: January 08, 2015, 10:24:07 am »

Yeah, I'm curious about how 'Rickrolling' is pertinent to the case.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #86618 on: January 08, 2015, 10:24:41 am »

I must say, "Anime and Mango" killed me inside. I hope that was a transcript error.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86619 on: January 08, 2015, 10:25:12 am »

I've seen people advertising that they sell illegal drugs on a public facebook status before... O_o it didn't end well predictably.

aaand I almost forgot to unquote-thing your message. heh.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #86620 on: January 08, 2015, 10:26:57 am »

I must say, "Anime and Mango" killed me inside. I hope that was a transcript error.
I hope it was just trolling remaining a art, although it almost certainly wasn't.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86621 on: January 08, 2015, 10:33:25 am »

Not sure which is the greater of the two evils, posting an empty quote with a link to Truean's post, or posting Truean's words without linking them to the post.
Argh. Legals. Dislike.

I just realized I have no idea what gender Truean is.
I've been calling them 'He' for all this time, and only just then noticed shonus calling them 'her'.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #86622 on: January 08, 2015, 10:35:12 am »

Maybe you should refer to Truean as a Blaarg, from planet Earth
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #86623 on: January 08, 2015, 10:37:07 am »

Truean is female.

* Arx does not have a stalkerish memory of people's genders.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86624 on: January 08, 2015, 10:44:48 am »

Maybe you should refer to Truean as a Blaarg, from planet Earth

what if truean isn't from earth

check yourself m8
Pages: 1 ... 5773 5774 [5775] 5776 5777 ... 8156