Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 111

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 230100 times)

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.1.5 MAJOR UPDATE] *NOW IN 34.06*
« Reply #1515 on: March 26, 2012, 07:43:58 am »

I'm not sure whether i should update the pre-installed version to 1.1.6 right now, cause the clothes still cause a lot of clutter, even with just the Privatons wearing them.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 11:33:18 am by kerlc »

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: March 26, 2012, 09:56:17 pm »

I still can't make cigars. Tried with the leaves in the bag, and not in the bag. I have 3 stacks of 25 leaves, all in separate bags. I have charcoal. No burrows, no forbidding. The bags aren't in barrels. The kiln is not blocked by anything. The option is just redded out.  Should I upload the save? Also, if you dump leaves out of a bag, they'll never get put back in a bag ever again.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: March 28, 2012, 01:08:24 pm »

AHA! It looks for two stacks of 5. Stacks of 25 are invalid. That's kinda... odd. If you have a good grower/processor prepare for your stacks to be useless except for cooking I guess.
Edit: Weird because I only have two of 25. Must have been a weird hauling bug to put them together. Its fine though, the rest are in 5. But yay, cigars eheheh.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: March 29, 2012, 11:20:58 am »

Can anyone direct me to whre I can find what materials are fire safe and which are not?

Stone is fire safe, so is clay. Also zinc covered logs in the Lab.

Updated to 1.1.6 , gave Privations clothes from project kilakan. Only privations get clothes at the moment, the less you have to pick up from dead traders and zombies and such the better.
hehehee that always makes me laugh when I see the file with my name on it :P  btw I'm looking at getting back into modding, anything in particular I could mess with that you might want to add?  Like new creatures to roam the world or something?

I suppose you could start by making what you want to see in the game. Then you could suggest the idea for me to mellow over, and I might add it. But I have nothing on my list right now.

I'm not sure whether i should update the pre-installed version to 1.1.6 right now, cause the clothes still cause a lot of clutter, even with just the Privatons wearing them.

I'd upload it, humans get unhappy very quickly without clothes now.

AHA! It looks for two stacks of 5. Stacks of 25 are invalid. That's kinda... odd. If you have a good grower/processor prepare for your stacks to be useless except for cooking I guess.
Edit: Weird because I only have two of 25. Must have been a weird hauling bug to put them together. Its fine though, the rest are in 5. But yay, cigars eheheh.

Hmm... I'll have to look into it, maybe I can tone down the leaves by a custom reaction and make it less of a hassle. Thanks for spotting it.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: March 30, 2012, 10:26:58 am »

Actually, while I wasn't looking, they made them into cigars. I now have 100 cigars eheheh. I assume they grabbed 25, and 5.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.1.7 MAJOR UPDATE] ***34.07***
« Reply #1520 on: March 30, 2012, 02:51:45 pm »

1.1.7 is up.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Didn't get around to adding pellets/slings  :-\

Enjoy!

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: March 30, 2012, 03:32:44 pm »

Was looking through your (wonderfully done!) modded speech folder, and found this thing.

"Had to kill my them all with my own hands. Don't want to talk about the rest."

In no_family.txt, might be more typos, maybe, great mod, by the way.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: March 30, 2012, 03:59:00 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So is this a sequel to the first corrosion where they 'accidentally' made mindless rotting lepers instead of 'Immortals'. During that time Surviving scientists looking to improve upon the original drug after the first outbreak band together and perfected the original cure to death. Then after deciding that they are gods to mortals made second version of the original drug but under means of converting folks into followers.They dub themselves "Necromancers" and coop them selves in their towers writing down logs and research. Werebeasts and vampires are slight variation of mutations these Necromancers work up through the years.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

12oz Jesus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: March 31, 2012, 09:14:35 am »

Nice mod.  I like the guns and zombies for a change.  I've been playing mostly Adventure Mode of late.

I'd like to request other graphics options.  Your custom graphics are definitely unique and have their own style but I just prefer Phoebus or Ironhand as I find it much easier to see what's going on with those tilesets.  I tried just importing the mod to Phoebus vanilla but all humans and such were reduced only to capital letters ("U" in my case).

Thanks for the mod, off to shoot some brains.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: March 31, 2012, 07:55:11 pm »

So after finding an infected infectee I notice that I can't talk to him to out him as a undead horde.
He fully turned with an eye missing. Yet I know if I attack him plainly I will get full bulk of the town after me.
though I'm on .06 so I guess you fix this issue.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Pallbearer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: April 01, 2012, 04:05:47 am »

New Human Caste : Coward, very fast, but will curl up into a ball if threatened.

Glad to see that Rincewind survived the zombies.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: April 01, 2012, 04:01:14 pm »

It seems that my dorfs humans can embark with slumbering infected as pets. I'll make a clean re-install to comfirm this. ( I also have a FB civ, but everything else is "normal".)
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: April 01, 2012, 07:57:21 pm »

Was looking through your (wonderfully done!) modded speech folder, and found this thing.

"Had to kill my them all with my own hands. Don't want to talk about the rest."

In no_family.txt, might be more typos, maybe, great mod, by the way.

Changed it, thanks for spotting that. Also fixed another typo in there.

So is this a sequel to the first corrosion where they 'accidentally' made mindless rotting lepers instead of 'Immortals'. During that time Surviving scientists looking to improve upon the original drug after the first outbreak band together and perfected the original cure to death. Then after deciding that they are gods to mortals made second version of the original drug but under means of converting folks into followers.They dub themselves "Necromancers" and coop them selves in their towers writing down logs and research. Werebeasts and vampires are slight variation of mutations these Necromancers work up through the years.

This is the only Corrosion, but those were the events that happened before Corrosion, kind of like a prologue.

But yeah you've got the Necromancer idea correct. I needed a reason for why those guys exist as they are hard coded. The Company Scientist further enforces this by being able to raise the dead. However he can't control them.

Nice mod.  I like the guns and zombies for a change.  I've been playing mostly Adventure Mode of late.

I'd like to request other graphics options.  Your custom graphics are definitely unique and have their own style but I just prefer Phoebus or Ironhand as I find it much easier to see what's going on with those tilesets.  I tried just importing the mod to Phoebus vanilla but all humans and such were reduced only to capital letters ("U" in my case).

Glad you're enjoying it! Adventure mode has come a long way.

The problem with using other popular graphics like Ironhand and Phoebus is that they have dwarf graphics, but either very limited or no human graphics. Furthermore, even my tileset is unique, turtles, fish, snakes and stuff. Not being able to use Jolly Bastion, it makes me cry a little  :'( I might make a request to Ironhand/Phoebus/Jolly Bastion for custom sets, but first I want to tinker with my own a little bit first (namely the sorry excuses for walls I have now)

I'm going to try and redo the walls in my current tileset before the next release, I'm also getting a friend to make an alternative set. If you could tell me what you like/don't like about my tileset that would be fantastic, I'm always striving to improve it.

So after finding an infected infectee I notice that I can't talk to him to out him as a undead horde.
He fully turned with an eye missing. Yet I know if I attack him plainly I will get full bulk of the town after me.
though I'm on .06 so I guess you fix this issue.

I added CRAZED to their interaction, that should make them attack people (hopefully not causing a loyalty cascade :P)

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

12oz Jesus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: April 02, 2012, 01:56:06 pm »

Glad you're enjoying it! Adventure mode has come a long way.

The problem with using other popular graphics like Ironhand and Phoebus is that they have dwarf graphics, but either very limited or no human graphics. Furthermore, even my tileset is unique, turtles, fish, snakes and stuff. Not being able to use Jolly Bastion, it makes me cry a little  :'( I might make a request to Ironhand/Phoebus/Jolly Bastion for custom sets, but first I want to tinker with my own a little bit first (namely the sorry excuses for walls I have now)

I'm going to try and redo the walls in my current tileset before the next release, I'm also getting a friend to make an alternative set. If you could tell me what you like/don't like about my tileset that would be fantastic, I'm always striving to improve it.

Thanks for the reply, sure I'll tell you what I like in graphics sets.

I really like Phoebus and Ironhand's ground tiles (i.e. grass, weeds, sand, roads, etc) that are easily recognizeable and make a clear/aestheticly pleasing scene.  In addition, creatures contrst well against them to make it easy to spot enemies, friends, and creatures quickly.  In short, as many pictures (sprites) as possible with few (or no) ASCII remnants.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: April 04, 2012, 01:08:56 pm »

Sorry, the internet has been down, but I've been making a number of changes. It looks like the new castes will win. So here's some of my zombie castes I have so far.

I haven't decided for sure as to which zombies will be vulpine or not, so I'm using [prologue] as a place holder. This is where the generic description for the zombie type will go in.

Gora
   [prologue]   This Infected’s right forearm has is nothing but a long sharp bone. It stabs it’s victims with it. Whether it’s arm was snapped by someone or whether it did this to himself is yet to be decided.

Raker
   [prologue]   This Infected has been cut straight down the chest. His ribs are exposed from months of  wear and tear. Of course, it sees this as a form of efficiency and will attempt to cram you into its chest.

Insane Zombie in Straight Jacket

(Concept Phase still undecided what it will do)

Hazard
   [prologue]    This person tried to help people who were in infected cities. While this suit was durable enough to deal with scratches and scrapes, it was nowhere near enough to deal with the incoming horde of Infected. Now, starved, trapped, and unable to bite, this zombie sprints at foes in desperation to eat.

***Human Castes***

Anarchist - This person reveled when the nations fell to the hordes. He parties in chaos and spits in the face of the government. They cannot learn any government skills. They also use ‘unconventional’ tactics when fighting, such as using poison and smoke bombs to escape enemies.

Former Prisoner - A strong prisoner who was convicted and found guilty long ago. When the armies fell to the hordes, prisoners were drafted in droves to fight these things. Most died or turned, but some managed to outlive their wardens just long enough to escape. They learn mining, pump operating, siege operating, faster. However they refuse to learn any medical labors. Believing that a bullet to the head cures all.

Check out the Blog for more in depth information. It also goes into some commentary behind a number of the changes.

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 111