Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 502 503 [504] 505 506 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 925136 times)

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #7545 on: August 26, 2017, 04:38:36 pm »

Even though we have a chat for it already and we know its in dev, i wish M&B Bannerlords was out. I'm going through a new Vikings campaign (best mod (hey it was made by the brytenwalda dudes, so i count it as paid mod dlc) ever made) and I'm uniting all Christendom of the isles to defend against the great heathen army.

More relevant to the thread, i want a modern version of M&B. Could be post-apocalyptic sure, but something where i can make my own faction and fight alongside them.

Just realized i posted this same sentiment earlier on the thread but still, could use more recommendations.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7546 on: August 27, 2017, 12:54:38 am »

I'd like an inverse RTS where the whole map starts at war and you have to slowly restore peace to the region through a combination of diplomacy and soft power projection. You could have resources like political capital and public goodwill in addition to funding, and earn more as the belligerents return units to their spawn points to be withdrawn from the conflict.

I'm just personally really tired of war games. Waging peace sounds more fun.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7547 on: August 27, 2017, 01:36:32 am »

I'd like an inverse RTS where the whole map starts at war and you have to slowly restore peace to the region through a combination of diplomacy and soft power projection. You could have resources like political capital and public goodwill in addition to funding, and earn more as the belligerents return units to their spawn points to be withdrawn from the conflict.

This sounds awesome actually.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #7548 on: August 27, 2017, 01:55:54 am »

This sounds awesome actually.

+1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7549 on: August 27, 2017, 10:18:01 am »

So do you lose if a side manages to destroy the other's home base, or how does that work? Since you don't have units to attack enemies with I'm assuming you have ways to manipulate enemies into fighting over unimportant objectives while you negotiate peace.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7550 on: August 27, 2017, 10:44:27 am »

So do you lose if a side manages to destroy the other's home base, or how does that work? Since you don't have units to attack enemies with I'm assuming you have ways to manipulate enemies into fighting over unimportant objectives while you negotiate peace.

That's one way. You could also have some budget of HP that gets lost as both sides' units take damage, but I like your way better.

Alternatively, you could have all the sides have doomsday weapons. You lose if any are fired; you win when all sides disarm them all. Kind of like an inverse DEFCON, and perhaps the only way to build a game in which one could be said to win a nuclear war.

I didn't realize other people would like this idea. I may have to try coding this.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 10:49:01 am by Trekkin »

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #7551 on: August 27, 2017, 01:52:02 pm »

A VR game with non-euclidian spaces/dynamic portals/spacetime distortion. While we're at it, make it have no guns. We get it, VR is great for gunplay. Give us something new.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7552 on: August 27, 2017, 03:56:22 pm »

You could also have a population viability counter. It would typically go down super-slowly, but if the war drags on for long enough then you start to run low on people to throw into the grinder. It would be a cautionary thing to avoid getting stuck in an endless delaying-tactic loop. On the other hand, perhaps one side finds a way around it and starts producing robot soldiers or something, and then they start realising that the longer the war goes on for the better off they will be if it ends, and starts specifically aiming for attrition with glee and then you have a whole new motivation for killing people that you have to contend with.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #7553 on: August 28, 2017, 02:21:43 am »

Undercommander is a game about not fighting wars.

One angle would be playing a human rights group that has to enter a warzone.  Provide medical care and temporary infrastructure to refugees.  Use journalists as scouts and gather gripping war footage to increase international pressure against the war.  Call in care packages for civilians and hope that none of the soldiers get to them.  You have a reputation with both sides and if they catch you assisting the other side or spying on them, they'll begin to arrest your agents (temporarily removing them from play) and eventually the less scrupulous elements will start attacking you.  On the other hand if you assist one side enough they'll warn you about their artillery strikes so you can get out of the way, but you shouldn't be openly taking a side in the war or your funding might dry up...
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7554 on: August 28, 2017, 03:07:11 am »

I'd love a comedic harem game with no sexual stuff involved, just some nerd accidentally getting dates and not knowing what to do so he fails miserably, but they come back anyway.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #7555 on: August 28, 2017, 03:41:40 am »

One angle would be playing a human rights group that has to enter a warzone.  Provide medical care and temporary infrastructure to refugees.  Use journalists as scouts and gather gripping war footage to increase international pressure against the war.  Call in care packages for civilians and hope that none of the soldiers get to them.  You have a reputation with both sides and if they catch you assisting the other side or spying on them, they'll begin to arrest your agents (temporarily removing them from play) and eventually the less scrupulous elements will start attacking you.  On the other hand if you assist one side enough they'll warn you about their artillery strikes so you can get out of the way, but you shouldn't be openly taking a side in the war or your funding might dry up...

I really like the idea of the player representing a neutral and non-centralized power on a battlefield, like activist-journalists and refugee relief NGOs. The groups aren't necessarily working together or even communicating in any way, but the player is orchestrating all their actions at once.

...I'm still antsy about those concepts for strategy games about running cults, managing a wartime economy, and being Sauron. It seems like most games that I wish existed are grand strategy games of one kind or another.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7556 on: August 28, 2017, 04:21:15 pm »

I'd love a comedic harem game with no sexual stuff involved, just some nerd accidentally getting dates and not knowing what to do so he fails miserably, but they come back anyway.
Isn't that literally 99% of dating sims?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7557 on: August 28, 2017, 04:33:17 pm »

Isn't that literally 99% of dating sims?
I dunno about 99%.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7558 on: August 29, 2017, 02:37:48 pm »

I really like the idea of the player representing a neutral and non-centralized power on a battlefield, like activist-journalists and refugee relief NGOs. The groups aren't necessarily working together or even communicating in any way, but the player is orchestrating all their actions at once.

...I'm still antsy about those concepts for strategy games about running cults, managing a wartime economy, and being Sauron. It seems like most games that I wish existed are grand strategy games of one kind or another.

The way I'm currently putting together the design document (and code) assumes a heterogeneity of command specificity reminiscent of Evil Genius: you have a small number of specific, unique assets to position directly, and then vast hordes of minions doing more or less what they please subject to your indirect incentives. So you might infiltrate a particular journalist to get footage of a war zone, which you can then turn into agitprop with which to drive your anonymous protesters to new heights of picketing-based enthusiasm via your social media presence. Unless, of course, they get shot.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7559 on: August 29, 2017, 04:43:13 pm »

A game where you design machines and send them out to kill people.
If this exists, tell me.
If this doesn't exist, I just found myself a new programming project.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.
Pages: 1 ... 502 503 [504] 505 506 ... 577