Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 772667 times)

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #585 on: July 26, 2014, 08:46:18 pm »

Hello!

It was suggested to me in another thread that I can access/disable the multilevel plugin of TWBT by replacing the version of twbt.plug.dll I currently have (from the MWDF windows download) with the latest (Assuming that to mean twbt 3.31) twbt.plug.dll.

When I do so, I get the following error

The procedure entry point
??0VMethodInterposeLinkBase@DFHack@@QAE@PAVvirtual_identity@1@HPAX1H@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library SDL.dll

I have zero idea what this means, or how to fix it. I didn't do anything to SDL.dll though. Help? I need my FPS back!
This is an exceptional obsidian statue of Daral Darkscab.
The item is an exceptionally designed image of Daral Darkscab the dwarf and a slag bar (massive) in obsidian by Ksoth Lolorumril. Daral Darkscab is raising the slag bar (massive). The artwork relates to the masterful slag bar (massive) created by the dwarf Daral Darkscab for the Corridor of Matyrs at Monstergores in the late spring of 312.

I'm so glad my masons have chosen to memorialize the really important events.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #586 on: July 26, 2014, 10:02:03 pm »

Hello!

It was suggested to me in another thread that I can access/disable the multilevel plugin of TWBT by replacing the version of twbt.plug.dll I currently have (from the MWDF windows download) with the latest (Assuming that to mean twbt 3.31) twbt.plug.dll.

So what exactly do you want, just disable multilevel?
Anyway, it seems you copied twbt.plug.dll for a different version of dfhack than you have.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #587 on: July 26, 2014, 11:12:21 pm »

In terms of rendering above - which I'm not sure is necessary - how about:
 - take 'multilevel X'.  For adventure mode use 0.5*X=Y levels, rounding down
 - render current level,
 - render Y levels below
 - iff there is only open space above the adventurer, render Y levels above

This works well outside, and deals with buildings and caverns - at worst it simply flips between rendering above and not. Anything else gets very complex with special cases and odd rendering effects; I typed and deleted four half-formed ideas as possible extensions but I think they're a topic best left for later.

Found a problem here - if you stand near a building (but not inside) you won't see, where the door is...

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: July 27, 2014, 12:13:30 am »

Hello!

So what exactly do you want, just disable multilevel?
Anyway, it seems you copied twbt.plug.dll for a different version of dfhack than you have.

Just disable multi-level, yes. How can I figure out what version of DFHack I have? I didn't see anything about the version in the readme in the same directory, now in the DFHack window itself; in the plugins directory there was a readme that seemed to indicate that it is R3, so thats the version I ended up using
The item is an exceptionally designed image of Daral Darkscab the dwarf and a slag bar (massive) in obsidian by Ksoth Lolorumril. Daral Darkscab is raising the slag bar (massive). The artwork relates to the masterful slag bar (massive) created by the dwarf Daral Darkscab for the Corridor of Matyrs at Monstergores in the late spring of 312.

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: July 28, 2014, 06:05:53 pm »

Oh no, wrong version just won't load, so it's something else, sorry. Ok, I'll check it.

Alright, so as it turns out I was using the wrong version; I thought MWDF came with DFHack r3, but I was informed it comes with R4.. I plugged R4 in, and it loaded fine, no errors. Apologies for the waste of time Mifki!

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #591 on: July 28, 2014, 06:12:49 pm »

Oh no, wrong version just won't load, so it's something else, sorry. Ok, I'll check it.

Alright, so as it turns out I was using the wrong version; I thought MWDF came with DFHack r3, but I was informed it comes with R4.. I plugged R4 in, and it loaded fine, no errors. Apologies for the waste of time Mifki!

That's good. Anyway I couldn't check it yet - updated OS X to 10.10 beta and fucked up my Windows virtual machine...

Authority2

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: INCREASE_FPS: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: July 28, 2014, 06:28:36 pm »

I just had an idea. Could dwarves flashing with arrows/injuries be replaced with a modified dwarf sprite that doesn't flash?
"But I tell you what the Queen wants is impossible. The story of her mandate to create floodgates in our desert fortress cannot be told in less than 314160 stanzas! Art bows not to any dwarf!"

Diton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: July 28, 2014, 07:57:26 pm »

I've been making some overrides and have run into a few issues/questions so far.

1) Overriding the archery target causes (q)uerying stockpiles to show the archery target rather than the X from the tileset. Overriding the bin (same tile#) doesn't cause any issues.

2) Is it possible to override siege engines? They're included in building_type.h, but the type is in siegeenginetype.h, and beyond that I don't know how to specify which of the multiple tiles to override.

3) How does overriding workshops work? for example, tile 127 is animal trap, mountains, and part of the mechanic's workshop. i've already overriden the animal trap, but I don't think you can override mountains so that has to stay in the tileset, meaning part of the workshop would need to be overriden.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 09:10:28 pm by Diton »

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #594 on: July 28, 2014, 10:23:07 pm »

I just had an idea. Could dwarves flashing with arrows/injuries be replaced with a modified dwarf sprite that doesn't flash?

I'll check it, but I don't think it's possible with reasonable effort.

1) Overriding the archery target causes (q)uerying stockpiles to show the archery target rather than the X from the tileset. Overriding the bin (same tile#) doesn't cause any issues.

2) Is it possible to override siege engines? They're included in building_type.h, but the type is in siegeenginetype.h, and beyond that I don't know how to specify which of the multiple tiles to override.

3) How does overriding workshops work? for example, tile 127 is animal trap, mountains, and part of the mechanic's workshop. i've already overriden the animal trap, but I don't think you can override mountains so that has to stay in the tileset, meaning part of the workshop would need to be overriden.

I'll check these too. Possibly siege engines will require separate support. Better support for overriding workshops is planned as well, but in general
[OVERRIDE:127:B:WORKSHOP_MECHANIC:Workshop::xxx:xxx]
should work, doesn't it?

And specifically about tile 127 - it's used for mountains only on world map, right? Eventually there will be support for one more separate font for world maps because main tileset doesn't work well there anyway.

Diton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: July 28, 2014, 10:57:39 pm »

[OVERRIDE:127:B:WORKSHOP_MECHANIC:Workshop::xxx:xxx]
should work, doesn't it?
flip the 2 workshop parts (WORKSHOP:WORKSHOP_MECHANIC) but yeah, just tested and that works, changes the bottom right tile as expected.

Eventually there will be support for one more separate font for world maps because main tileset doesn't work well there anyway.

Awesome, that'll allow for a lot more flexibility on a bunch of the tiles.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 11:15:58 pm by Diton »

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #596 on: July 28, 2014, 11:30:30 pm »

flip the 2 workshop parts (WORKSHOP:WORKSHOP_MECHANIC) but yeah, just tested and that works, changes the bottom right tile as expected.

Hm.. I'll check this, it shouldn't be this way. I mean it works but maybe it just would replace this tile everywhere (if it were used somewhere else) because these values are just invalid at these places so it ignores them.

Diton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: July 28, 2014, 11:57:27 pm »

I'm just going by meph's guide on page 18 of this thread, it's possible I have it backwards. WORKSHOP is from building_type.h, WORKSHOP_MECHANIC is from building_other_id.h, so [OVERRIDE:Tile:Kind:Id:Type:Subtype:Tileset:NewTile] would lead me to WORKSHOP:WORKSHOP_MECHANIC.

Here's my archery target override for another example, maybe that's what's causing the stockpile issue?

[OVERRIDE:88:B:ARCHERYTARGET:ARCHERY_TARGET::2:98]

« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 12:42:51 am by Diton »

Diton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: July 29, 2014, 12:10:25 am »

sorry about the double post. I do seem to have had the tags backwards since ARCHERY_TARGET:ARCHERYTARGET has fixed the issue there.

Possibly not due to anything twbt related, but some of the override tiles I've added show up really dark in game. Is there a way to fix that?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 01:06:52 am by Diton »

Diton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: July 29, 2014, 12:10:45 am »

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 184