Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 185

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 773062 times)

shaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #645 on: August 10, 2014, 08:22:08 pm »

I'm not sure what version of TWBT is used in Masterwork V6, but I found a bug today in how it interacts with mousequery. If you select 10 Z-levels instead of 15, and enable "mousequery track enable", then in building placement mode the preview Xs are offset from the mouse pointer. Also, pressing ESC to get out of designation mode moves the display to Z level -4 or something similar.

Welp, putting Z-levels back to 15 didn't fix it. Sorry for the noise.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 08:28:25 pm by shaver »

Obsidian Soul

• Bay Watcher
  • ...and the severed part sails off in an arc!
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: August 10, 2014, 09:32:22 pm »

Hi mifki, since I haven' t really followed DF much this year, I'd just like to inquire on the status on TWBT with regards to the latest version. It has the potential of truly revolutionizing DF's graphics, and I'd like to use it for my set (Obsidian) for the 40.06 update, but I'm not really sure if it's ready for mass release yet. I have some questions:

1) This requires DFHack to function, correct? And from hints here and there, I'm guessing DFHack hasn't yet been updated to 40.06?

2) Would using this mean that switching graphics quickly using programs like LNP becomes impossible?

3) I also noted that one problem TWBT had earlier was that BG colors were not supported, is this still true? Or was that a misunderstanding regarding the fact that some DF tiles do not use BG colors at all?

Apologies if these have been asked before, but the thread is now quite long and it's a bit confusing browsing all of it with little context. Basically the question I have now is: is it ready? :P It would be a huge undertaking to make my set compatible with TWBT, and I'd rather not start half-baked and have to do it all over again, heh. It would be so worth it though. Amazing job so far!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #647 on: August 10, 2014, 09:44:57 pm »

Hi mifki, since I haven' t really followed DF much this year, I'd just like to inquire on the status on TWBT with regards to the latest version. It has the potential of truly revolutionizing DF's graphics, and I'd like to use it for my set (Obsidian) for the 40.06 update, but I'm not really sure if it's ready for mass release yet. I have some questions:

1) This requires DFHack to function, correct? And from hints here and there, I'm guessing DFHack hasn't yet been updated to 40.06?

2) Would using this mean that switching graphics quickly using programs like LNP becomes impossible?

3) I also noted that one problem TWBT had earlier was that BG colors were not supported, is this still true? Or was that a misunderstanding regarding the fact that some DF tiles do not use BG colors at all?

Apologies if these have been asked before, but the thread is now quite long and it's a bit confusing browsing all of it with little context. Basically the question I have now is: is it ready? :P It would be a huge undertaking to make my set compatible with TWBT, and I'd rather not start half-baked and have to do it all over again, heh. It would be so worth it though. Amazing job so far!
I am just gonna chime in and answer what I can.

1. Yes, it does require dfhack, and no, dfhack has not yet been released for 40.x. It wont take long according to the people working on it though.

2. Switching graphic sets is not affected by this. In fact, if you download MasterworkDF you can see the plugin in use, and I do include 25 tilesets and 12 font-tilesets in it, that you can easily mix as you like. The font-tilesets are made possible by TwbT. You can also enable and disable this plugin on the fly, while the game is running. No new worldgen is needed, and it works with any tileset.

3. Apparently some tiles/items do not support background colors. If mifki can circumvent it I dont know, but at this moment it is not possible.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: August 10, 2014, 09:54:12 pm »

It's been working since 0.40.01:
Yesterday I did a quick test and confirmed that TwbT works fine with 0.40.01.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #649 on: August 10, 2014, 10:58:33 pm »

Well, to avoid confusion - it CAN work. Twbt relies on some binary patches and addresses that are not part of dfhack, so they will have to be adjusted for another df version. What I meant with that message is that DF code used by twbt didn't change in 0.40 and that my test build of dfhack and twbt worked fine. Once dfhack for 0.40 is publicly available, I'll release twbt for the same DF version.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: August 10, 2014, 11:32:09 pm »

Well, to avoid confusion - it CAN work. Twbt relies on some binary patches and addresses that are not part of dfhack, so they will have to be adjusted for another df version. What I meant with that message is that DF code used by twbt didn't change in 0.40 and that my test build of dfhack and twbt worked fine. Once dfhack for 0.40 is publicly available, I'll release twbt for the same DF version.

Yeah, I was really confused at the time.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #651 on: August 15, 2014, 10:51:28 pm »

Version 3.34 of the main branch has some optimisations on OS X and fixes flickering of overridden tiles when moving the map.

Version 4.41 of nextgen branch has some serious optimisations and fixes for multiple visual issues, crash on Windows with multilevel rendering enabled is fixed, and also now showing standard up/down map views in adventure mode if multilevel rendering is not enabled.

Now I need to update it to DF 0.40, going to this in the next couple days.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: August 16, 2014, 10:02:46 am »

Nice work as always mifki.

Would it be possible to have more textures connect like the walls already do? I figure some things would benefit from this (tree roots, leaves, ore veins, etc).
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: August 16, 2014, 12:30:05 pm »

As much as I appreciate your hard work and having multi-level rendering again, I'm still looking forward to the nextgen branch pulling itself back together. I got spoiled early by that magic independent tile size rendering.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #655 on: August 16, 2014, 07:51:49 pm »

As much as I appreciate your hard work and having multi-level rendering again, I'm still looking forward to the nextgen branch pulling itself back together. I got spoiled early by that magic independent tile size rendering.

What do you mean? In 4.41 I fixed all issues I was aware of, so it's better than ever. Just not for 0.40 yet, it takes more time to support new version than for the main branch.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: August 17, 2014, 02:14:43 am »

Yeah no that wasn't a dig at anything, I've been keeping an eye on your changelogs. I'm just impatient to get my hands on the version 4 features again.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: August 17, 2014, 02:16:55 am »

I am much impressed.  :o
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #658 on: August 17, 2014, 07:17:40 am »

Version 4.42 got support for 0.40.08. Adventure mode may have issues (some structures not updated in dfhack yet) and in general I almost haven't played 0.40 yet, so there may be other things that need to be updated in twbt for it.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: August 17, 2014, 08:07:30 am »

Version 4.42 got support for 0.40.08

...and windows!  Hope it works :)
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 185