Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 185

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 773153 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #1591 on: March 30, 2015, 09:36:44 pm »

From a quick runaround in adventure mode on linux it is worth noting that the sliding tiles glitch didn't show up while traveling around and despite traveling/stopping in a forest retreat repeatedly it didn't crash, now if I could just figure out how to make it stop doing the am:0 am:5 am:0 am:26 spam in the terminal, looks promising though!

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1592 on: March 31, 2015, 01:50:45 am »

From a quick runaround in adventure mode on linux it is worth noting that the sliding tiles glitch didn't show up while traveling around and despite traveling/stopping in a forest retreat repeatedly it didn't crash, now if I could just figure out how to make it stop doing the am:0 am:5 am:0 am:26 spam in the terminal, looks promising though!

I didn't do anything related to this, so not sure if it's really that good, unfortunately.
am:... values were for you (players) to report them if a screen is rendered incorrectly, like the map isn't hidden where it should. Probably it's time to remove them.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: March 31, 2015, 04:21:41 am »

Well, it definitely seemed more stable from poking at it earlier, and I would love if the am: values were just something you enable with a --debug flag or something, they drive me nuts as is, but yeah, the map and moving and overrides all looked good, I didn't try to break it zooming in and out yet but I'll try real quick and see what happens.

Edit: ok, the zooming can still give the broken text glitch, but it seems way more stable, I ran around in and out of travel mode, wandering through lots of different sites with folks running around, the sort of stuff I had to be leery of due to it crash, honestly if you disabled the am: reporting I'd be using it full-time instead of just in fort mode. So nice being able to walk into a mead hall or fortress storage room and tell what should be there at a glance again instead of having to scroll and check each square to look for the promising stuff.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 04:40:42 am by Max™ »

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: March 31, 2015, 09:08:20 am »

Ok, I will disable these messages.
I would go with Max™'s suggestion and leave it as an option, and/or part of an exception handler if the plug-in knows it's in trouble.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: April 07, 2015, 05:55:12 am »

Bug report:  when viewing a screen in text mode, eg worldgen, item descrption, etc, 'reshape_graphics' is repeatedly printed to the console many times per second.  Windows, DFHack 40_24 r3, TwbT 5.44
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1597 on: April 07, 2015, 06:53:42 am »

Bug report:  when viewing a screen in text mode, eg worldgen, item descrption, etc, 'reshape_graphics' is repeatedly printed to the console many times per second.  Windows, DFHack 40_24 r3, TwbT 5.44

Isn't it because of some new screen refreshing plugin? It should print this when you resize window only. I will removing this debug message eventually, but it shouldn't be output repeatedly anyway.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: April 07, 2015, 07:32:31 am »

Ah, that's the culprit then. 

https://github.com/lethosor/dfhack-scripts/blob/master/autoresetgrid.lua

It would be good to hide debug output in what are functionally release builds, but that's not a bug.  Thanks for the explanation.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: April 07, 2015, 07:42:49 am »

Shouldn't that occur on every screen?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1600 on: April 07, 2015, 10:27:29 am »

Ah, that's the culprit then. 

https://github.com/lethosor/dfhack-scripts/blob/master/autoresetgrid.lua

It would be good to hide debug output in what are functionally release builds, but that's not a bug.  Thanks for the explanation.

That script fixes some issues with TTF, doesn't it? And shouldn't be active in twbt mode then. Twbt will reallocate buffers and do something else every now and then which isn't food if it's not required.
I somewhat agree with you about debug messages but you see, otherwise we wouldn't know.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: April 07, 2015, 11:39:19 am »

The script resets the grid periodically (hence the name), which can address TTF issues as well as other flickering that can occur in all print modes.
I don't think printing debug messages to the console by default is necessary, but it could be enabled by the user. Why exactly is TwbT reallocating buffers if the screen size doesn't change, anyway?

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1602 on: April 07, 2015, 12:28:00 pm »

Why exactly is TwbT reallocating buffers if the screen size doesn't change, anyway?

Because previously this method was called only when grid size actually changes, so there was no need to check. And btw, if the (vanilla) code did nothing in case of no actual changes, the script wouldn't work, you know. I'll check and optimize the code once I'm at home, and again, without the debug messages, we wouldn't know that's required.

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: April 13, 2015, 02:33:45 am »

When calling quicksave from the ingame console the game freezes and saving doesn't happen.
I guess this is due to the game being paused by the message from the console, which cannot be closed as input is ignored.
Taste my Paci-Fist

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: April 13, 2015, 05:25:14 am »

If you're referring to the command-prompt plugin, you have to dismiss it by pressing Esc for quicksave to work. (That's also not a TwbT issue, by the way.)

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 185