Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 772667 times)

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #1890 on: February 13, 2016, 10:41:24 am »

According to the information on GitHub, a lot of the information for overrides comes from header files in the DFHack df folder.  However, when I check the DFHack repository, they are using .gitignore to exclude .h files in that folder.  Earlier posts in here have said that they're in the root folder of the download, but they don't appear to be in the root folders of DFHack, DFHack's source code, TWBT, or TWBT's source code.  I'm having problems overriding custom workshops and furnaces and wanted to compare what I've entered to those.

For furnaces, I can't find a way to override various Magma furnaces separate from the normal ones - only the Smelter has a _MAGMA option, and instead of a non-magma option, the only the other version is _ANY.

For custom workshops, I entered it the same way Meph listed it in his post on it, but I'm getting an invalid override specification on each one.
[OVERRIDE:150:B:SOAP_MAKER:Workshop::building:34]
[OVERRIDE:8:B:SOAP_MAKER:Workshop::0:134]
[OVERRIDE:240:B:SOAP_MAKER:Workshop::building:40]

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: February 13, 2016, 11:05:10 am »

The header files are automatically generated during build.

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: February 13, 2016, 01:05:57 pm »

I'm having trouble getting Visual Studio to install, so I'll put that part off until later.

Does anyone know about the Custom Workshop overrides?  In another thread, Meph mentioned that how they work changed since he wrote his post, which would explain why mine are giving errors.  How are custom workshops overridden now?

EDIT: Nevermind, if figured it out.
The lines should be [OVERRIDE:tile:B:WORKSHOP_CUSTOM:Workshop::tileset:newtile].  All the custom workshops share the same set of overrides.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 11:47:03 pm by Rydel »

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1893 on: February 15, 2016, 12:37:09 am »

> [OVERRIDE:tile:B:WORKSHOP_CUSTOM:Workshop:***:tileset:newtile]

You should be able to specify a custom workshop code in place of *** above. E.g. SOAP_MAKER, SCREW_PRESS, etc.

Rochndil

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: February 15, 2016, 02:52:28 pm »

Good afternoon!

I've been working on my compilation tileset, and just started testing my overrides. Most of them work just fine (once I got all the definitions coded properly), but I'm having trouble with my QUIVER and BACKPACK entries.

This one works fine:

[OVERRIDE:088:I:BIN:BIN::ovr:004] (though I need to find a better bin graphic, my art sucks)

These two do not:
[OVERRIDE:146:I:BACKPACK:BACKPACK::ovr:008]
[OVERRIDE:146:I:QUIVER:QUIVER::ovr:009]

They don't display incorrectly (wrong graphic, blank, etc.), they just default back to the main tileset (archers and soldiers carrying chests on their back is somewhat amusing). It's not an end-of-the-world thing, but I'm just not sure if I did something wrong, or if it's a bug of some kind. I tried to double-check the ID and Type, but the .h files referenced in the documentation don't seem to be part of the HACK source currently.

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated!

Rochndil, working on the MMO project...again. One of these years it'll actually be done!
Build an Elf a fire, keep him warm for a day.
Drown an Elf in magma, keep him warm for the rest of his life!

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: February 15, 2016, 03:17:31 pm »

I recall held objects still using the default graphics.  Last I heard, there wasn't a fix for this yet, but that's could be outdated info

Rochndil

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: February 17, 2016, 09:55:36 am »

Thanks for the reply, I think you may have nailed the behavior I was seeing. I'm still working my way through the tiles. It's been so long since I started this round that some of the tiles I added are no longer relevant! But, on the up side, that means more open spaces to do neat stuff with.

Rochndil, who got to spend Sunday covered in mud and unable to wash (digging up and repairing house water line)...just like a dwarf!

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: March 05, 2016, 12:50:42 am »

ETA on a build for DFHack 42.06-alpha1?
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: March 05, 2016, 06:00:00 am »

Done, thanks to sv-esk for offsets.

Holy manure you are fast! Thank you very much! :D
---=== Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam ===---

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: March 05, 2016, 06:03:22 am »

Done, thanks to sv-esk for offsets.

Wow!  Thanks mifki, and thanks sv-esk!
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Rochndil

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: March 06, 2016, 03:38:22 pm »

Good afternoon!

I just confirmed (at least on my equipment) a repeatable bug. Install DF 42_06, gen pocket region, embark, looks fine. Add DFHACK, test same game, looks fine. Add TWBT (and minimal configuration to test), test, and within a few moments, the game will switch from rendered characters to colored bricks (one per character) for the entire interface. This takes from a few seconds to a minute or so to happen, but it does happen consistently. FWIW, TWBT seemed pretty stable with the previous test-build under 42_05. If you need any specific data/files/specs to check into this, please let me know. Tomorrow I'll re-test on my work PC.

Basic data:Windows 7x64, 8GB RAM, AMD 5770HD graphics.

Rochndil, who will have to continue development on 42_05 for the moment...

P.S. Checked the work PC today, and the problem does NOT occur. It's a good deal different, but neither system has had issues with DF before. Basic specs: Win10, 16GB RAM, Xeon processor, Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS. It's not impossible my home system needs maintenance.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 02:13:28 pm by Rochndil »

utkonos

• Bay Watcher
  • Sleepy dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: March 06, 2016, 06:35:41 pm »

Hi there again!
Found a problem - humanoid (animal persons, dwarfs, humans etc) corpse overrides doesn't work in DF 0.42.06. Other corpses override fine. Problem exists at least from 0.42.05, but everything worked fine in 0.40.24. Tested it on mine Set, SpaceFox and GemSet using manual installation and LNP. These overrides didn't change since 0.40.24.

PS: removing [APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:ANIMAL_PERSON] from animal person "fixes" the problem.

jobywalker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: March 10, 2016, 11:27:01 pm »

Does TWBT need to be recompiled against the latest dfhack? I'm assuming it does.
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 184