Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 522253 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #300 on: January 21, 2017, 08:44:31 pm »

Haven't finished the post yet, but:

Bring the destroyer back.

ominous music swells
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 22, 2017, 12:13:43 am »

What the heck I thought apiks was a good boy  :'(

Good job with that writeup!!

Also: it's literally impossible to escape fire in this mod. I even embarked on a glacier, with zero trees, but robotic lazersharks still can appear from the caverns. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Anyway, I was thinking that maybe we could use fire and zombie infighting to burn thread zombie sieges. All we would have to do is amass either a bunch of caged zombies, or a have a corpse stockpile with the option to let a captured threadomancer see it. Also you'd need some way to set them ablaze. The threadomancer (which group can shoot fire?) or a robotic lazershark could do it. Maybe a captured gamer? Anyway, once they are alight, a bridge could be opened to allow them to shamble out towards whatever singing horde is present. Presumably, they could light some on fire before they burn away, hopefully causing a big fire to spread through the zombie ranks. I'm reaaasonably sure burnt to death zombies can't be reanimated, so it wouldn't create any more zombie problems than there already were. Of course, if zombies die too fast when on fire, this couldn't work, and would be undesirable if the surface still has a ton of trees and whatnot. Or maybe that's a plus.

Also, why don't more of the military use hammers? They seem like the perfect weapon for undead to me, since they easily mangle corpses, and don't sever limbs. I've been testing them in the mod against undead in an evil glacier, and they stay down. It's the random woodcutters carrying axes and saws that create problems, because when they annihilate trogs and whatnot, limbs tend to go flying. Is it some tradition or challenge I'm unaware of?

Anyway yeah good update and good luck sprin!

Edit: idk if this is necessarily the place to ask, but I just posted this so it's convenient to ask: what's the difference between the modded ranged weapons and their ammo, and crossbows and bolts?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 12:16:42 am by SamSpeeds »

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 22, 2017, 02:50:48 am »

Pretty sure we've thought about any possible way to stop the Necrothreaders, and that includes using their own fire. Usually we send out a squad of battle-hardened troops that fights them, and the Necrothreader burns the whole forest, along with himself and the thread zombies. We've even used the lava pump method where the entire world was covered in lava outside. That one worked very well.

Using a hammer is indeed the correct way with fighting these creatures. We just don't do it since some player always decides to use some cutting weapon and the next overseer doesn't have time to phase them out. However ever since the latest version of Teh LOLmod we have a dedicated anti-zombie weapon. It's called a railgun and it's very effective. We should basically be rushing it, just a note for future overseers.

Edit: idk if this is necessarily the place to ask, but I just posted this so it's convenient to ask: what's the difference between the modded ranged weapons and their ammo, and crossbows and bolts?

Ak-42s have been made to mimic the real deal so they shoot very fast. Some weapons are similar to their ingame version (like laptops). Railguns are OP as hell. Some ammo is better than other, some the same.

At this point I don't even know.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 22, 2017, 09:10:27 am »

I'm aware that Sprin's big deal with his turns is him pretty much ruining us with almost no commentary whatsoever, and that's fine - in the main fortress. Since this one isn't a direct continuation and the characters are completely separate from the ones from previous fortresses (though mentions can be made), even Sprin will have to make an effort to post at least something story-related during his turn.
Just reading back through the thread...
You do realize that you just brought the Sprin from the original Necrothreats back, right?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 22, 2017, 10:33:39 am »

I'm aware that Sprin's big deal with his turns is him pretty much ruining us with almost no commentary whatsoever, and that's fine - in the main fortress. Since this one isn't a direct continuation and the characters are completely separate from the ones from previous fortresses (though mentions can be made), even Sprin will have to make an effort to post at least something story-related during his turn.
You do realize that you just brought the Sprin from the original Necrothreats back, right?

Yes. Yes I do.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 22, 2017, 11:20:37 am »

Yes. Yes I do.
And so isn't a "completely separate" character. Or ANY DIFFERENT AT ALL.
Should I just be expecting little-to-no commentary this coming turn as everything goes to hell?

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 22, 2017, 11:38:20 am »

Yes. Yes I do.
And so isn't a "completely separate" character. Or ANY DIFFERENT AT ALL.
Should I just be expecting little-to-no commentary this coming turn as everything goes to hell?

The reason I wrote it with Sprin coming back is because that's how Th4DwArfY1 planned to write it, albeit a bit differently. He is, de facto, the same character from all of the Necrothreats.

The amount of commentary Sprin does on his turn depends completely on him. While I would prefer it if he did make story posts along with his turn (hint, hint, push, push), in spirit of his character not being a new one he'll be given the choice whether to.
And yes, you should expect everything to go to hell regardless. Especially since the savegame is in the middle of a necrothreader siege. Doesn't help that the person after Sprin, Gwolfski, looks up to Sprin's style. Meaning double armageddon.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 22, 2017, 11:43:20 am »

*sigh* dear lord...

And yes, you should expect everything to go to hell regardless. Especially since the savegame is in the middle of a necrothreader siege.
We did build traps like I requested, right?

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #308 on: January 22, 2017, 01:24:18 pm »

I'm gonna make a volcano. Hope you're okay with some fiery death & destruction renovation of living spaces.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 22, 2017, 01:35:03 pm »

A sideways volcano, right? One above the front entrance, pointed at an invading armies?

Hot running fail, yes?

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #310 on: January 22, 2017, 01:58:14 pm »

A sideways volcano, right? One above the front entrance, pointed at an invading armies?

Hot running fail, yes?
EXCELLENT Idea!
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 22, 2017, 02:21:55 pm »

Alright, come my turn, there will be a sewer created for the dedicated purpose of draining whatever fire and water people decide to pump to the surface.  Of course, I need to make it enough of a tangled mess that no one can plug it and be done with it...
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 22, 2017, 03:06:38 pm »

Be careful of lava-adapted sewer gators.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 22, 2017, 08:02:00 pm »

DLing the save starting tonight

Aipijks is a bastard btw.

JENNY!
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 22, 2017, 08:19:09 pm »

It begins.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 202