Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 841 842 [843] 844 845 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3763928 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Cain
« Reply #12630 on: March 16, 2014, 09:23:39 pm »

Perhaps the Siblings aren't literal siblings, since siblinghood goes both ways.  Maybe the Seven we know and love are figurative Siblings, while Cain and the Chief are literal brothers.

Cherish was actually the one powering the show.

Hmmm...

Remember what Al said about the Greens?

And we found Cherish's Soul Star in the tank...

So Al knew it powered it, but either was wrong or lied to Ciro about how.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12631 on: March 16, 2014, 09:27:46 pm »

Chief is a Sibling... but also an Illborn. I wonder how that happened.
This is a good question.

My guess would be that he just wasn't high enough on the ladder to start with charge like all the proper Siblings. Wouldn't normally explain Cherish or Al... except that the latter was an outsider and the former was a battery.

Does raise the question of how Wilford (was that his name? the guard we brutally murdered for absolutely no reason?) became Illborn; maybe just by slothing around and not dramaing up charge fast enough.

I'm also starting to wonder about the Yaos incident. Ciro said the Warrens is "sterile," but with our ghost it's looking like the arenas weren't necessarily exceptions to the rule in throwing differing worlds together. Our theory that Yaos wasn't "processed" like everyone else who comes in might hold water there.

Maybe the Seven we know and love are figurative Siblings, while Cain and the Chief are literal brothers.
This is what I assumed.

Then again, with the knowledge that form is incredibly malleable, I suppose it's entirely plausible that they were some kind of blood clan prior to this whole mess.

And we found Cherish's Soul Star in the tank...

So Al knew it powered it, but either was wrong or lied to Ciro about how.
!

Whoa. He mentioned to Cherish in his letter that he suspected Chief was up to something, so clearly he had an inkling but wasn't certain. I wonder how he partially figured it out?

OH! We're in charge of Al now, we can just have him monologue it. Silly me. :P
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #12632 on: March 16, 2014, 09:32:02 pm »

So far it seems so, with the exception for Al's soulstar. Which may not be an exception.
Hm...The only guess I can come up with is that he has something to do with the Greens, since his class is Nature's Pupil, and that's the only place with any vague resemblance to anything natural.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #12633 on: March 16, 2014, 09:32:44 pm »

Wait, since we took the soulstar. Does this mean everything in Underside is eventually gonna start shutting down/dying out?
It's FEF, not FEOF

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #12634 on: March 16, 2014, 09:36:38 pm »

I got my money on that Al was let in by the Last. He's an outsider, yet different than Yaos. Illborne hate him, yet are ambivalent to everyone else. His eventual level title, his second shift, his star...

I'm pretty sure he was sneaked in by the Last, he isn't suppose to be there, yet he is. Perhaps the scream for help was the Last, maybe it was Cherish.

There seems to be some pretty strong ties between the soul star's functions as a battery, what they do when not, and what the soul star does when shifted. The light made the plants give energy and powered the resurrection machine, her soul star does the same.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12635 on: March 16, 2014, 09:38:21 pm »

As an aside, anyone else concerned by the name of the song? "Prelude To Desolation" does not fill me with confidence regarding Al's little Gaiden here.

So far it seems so, with the exception for Al's soulstar. Which may not be an exception.
Hm...The only guess I can come up with is that he has something to do with the Greens, since his class is Nature's Pupil, and that's the only place with any vague resemblance to anything natural.
Actually, this reraises another important question. What was the Chief doing with Al's Soul Star in the first place, and why did he give it back?

Wait, since we took the soulstar. Does this mean everything in Underside is eventually gonna start shutting down/dying out?
:<
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12636 on: March 16, 2014, 09:44:31 pm »

I got my money on that Al was let in by the Last. He's an outsider, yet different than Yaos. Illborne hate him, yet are ambivalent to everyone else. His eventual level title, his second shift, his star...

I'm pretty sure he was sneaked in by the Last, he isn't suppose to be there, yet he is. Perhaps the scream for help was the Last, maybe it was Cherish.
I told you. I told you all! The LSeraphim is plotting Oric's demise!
Chief is a Sibling... but also an Illborn. I wonder how that happened.
I'm also starting to wonder about the Yaos incident. Ciro said the Warrens is "sterile," but with our ghost it's looking like the arenas weren't necessarily exceptions to the rule in throwing differing worlds together. Our theory that Yaos wasn't "processed" like everybody else.
Ooh! I got this one!
Yaos entered the Warrens through unseen means. Once he entered the Warrens' his Soul became separated from his body; however, unlike Slog or most other Illborn, Yaos did not have to undergo the process of Illbirth via separation of his Soul Star two parts.
Being different, the the automated features of DL2 sought him out to retrieve and dismantle his Star, which is slowly killing him, and paying back the "debt" he felt he has owed throughout his life!
(then he lost all his Soul Charge, and we utterly destroyed purified his Soul)

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12637 on: March 16, 2014, 09:51:18 pm »

As an aside, anyone else concerned by the name of the song? "Prelude To Desolation" does not fill me with confidence regarding Al's little Gaiden here.
I'm probably being a massive idiot right now, but where do you see Prelude to Desolation? Or really any new song in general?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #12638 on: March 16, 2014, 10:03:34 pm »

Well hidden. See the tilde (~) below the ellipses (...) but before the blue flash?
It's a link. To PreludeToDesolation.mp3

It took until you asked that question for me to find it myself. Also: Odds that there's a message hidden in the song?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12639 on: March 16, 2014, 10:41:12 pm »

Check inventory, yes.  Internal monologue, yes.  Maybe mention someting about shopkeeping regulations.  Beat up cain, no.

I must say, I am rather surprised cain refused the potion so bluntly. 
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12640 on: March 17, 2014, 12:58:57 am »

Gr... In a fit of insomnia, I decided to try and make a page for Sub-D#Dl982 (AKA the terrifying place we found Rillborn in) based off of what little information we have on it. However, this name breaks Wikia's software, since it starts trying to find the subheading Dl982 in the page Sub-D, which obviously doesn't exist. As such, what alternative name should I use for the area?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12641 on: March 17, 2014, 02:20:45 am »

Gr... In a fit of insomnia, I decided to try and make a page for Sub-D#Dl982 (AKA the terrifying place we found Rillborn in) based off of what little information we have on it. However, this name breaks Wikia's software, since it starts trying to find the subheading Dl982 in the page Sub-D, which obviously doesn't exist. As such, what alternative name should I use for the area?
Supposedly surrounding something in ``double backticks`` (the backwards apostrophes on the tilde key) will cancel out of wikitext.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12642 on: March 17, 2014, 01:12:29 pm »

Cain slides away to the side of his circle.

You press Ciro on the Astral Influx.

YOU ARE NOW CIRO AND YOU ARE FALLING THROUGH THE SKY AT SPEEDS PREVIOUSLY UNTHINKABLE WHAT WILL YOU DO

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: FALLING
« Reply #12643 on: March 17, 2014, 01:15:08 pm »

EVERYBODY HANG ON TO RIPRIVERS LEGS. AND MAKE SURE TO GRAB SLOG AND THE HAT
It's FEF, not FEOF

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: FALLING
« Reply #12644 on: March 17, 2014, 01:16:45 pm »

Blood parachute
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 841 842 [843] 844 845 ... 1544